E3 Discussion Thread

+
I hope that they show us some gameplay from Ard Skellige at Gamescom. I mean that's the region they presented behind closed doors at E3 and Gamescom last year but the public - the fans - weren't able to see that region in the game yet. So maybe showing the European journalists the same 45 min demo as they've shown at E3 but on top presenting a 5 min gameplay section from Ard Skellige played on PC with M+K. That would be my dream.... ;)

And of course I still hope that CDPR will deliver a true HQ 1080p version of the Novigrad gameplay session shown at E3 this year.

The better quality E3 footage sounds possible, though I think that we might see the first dev diary rather than a new trailer. After that the CG trailer at Gamescon and probably some hands on for the press there too. After that, who knows.

Could be. I'd forgotten about dev diaries. That WOULD keep us all excited :)

Dev diaries would really be cool, maybe once a months?! I'm so used to kickstarter updates, Star Citizen updates and early access updates anyway, would be a perfect fit... a more "open" development approach would definitely be appreciated. :p

Dev diaries would really be cool, maybe once a months?! I'm so used to kickstarter updates, Star Citizen updates and early access updates anyway, would be a perfect fit... a more "open" development approach would definitely be appreciated. :p

Don´t forget that they still have to work on game itself. Star Citizien does this kind of things because they use crowdfunding so it is basically way how to stay in contact with investors(no matter that they still keep gathering money) .

Don´t forget that they still have to work on game itself. Star Citizien does this kind of things because they use crowdfunding so it is basically way how to stay in contact with investors(no matter that they still keep gathering money) .
Of course. I didn't think about updates on a level like Star Citizen. But a monthly "report" on what they're doing right now, what they have achieved so far and so on would be really cool. Just A BIT more open development. CDPR actually has no publisher who could prevent them from doing so... ;)

Dev-diaries could indeed settle a few debates and calm people's nerves. Things like the new alchemy system in particular has caused quite a controversy. A dev-diary would either confirm what we fear, or prove us wrong.

Dev-diaries could indeed settle a few debates and calm people's nerves. Things like the new alchemy system in particular has caused quite a controversy. A dev-diary would either confirm what we fear, or prove us wrong.

I bet that developers probably don´t even know if this system will make it to the final game especially after reactions on forum. As they said you can´t take anything as confirmed. They still have enough time to change it or give us options whether to use autofilling system or not.

As I've said before, I'm just relaying the info I read on the files. If it's worth watching it at 60 or not, I really don't care. I'm just making it available as I got them in the first place, unchanged.

To be honest, there wasn't much different between High and Ultra despite shadows in my own opinion. So gaming on consoles seems like a better choice than PC (in my own opinion). Will be getting a PS4 next time but will get TW3 for PC though.

It's really odd that the source is 60fps for some reason, I don't know why they decided to do that, just unnecessary processing and size.

To be honest, there wasn't much different between High and Ultra despite shadows in my own opinion. So gaming on consoles seems like a better choice than PC (in my own opinion). Will be getting a PS4 next time but will get TW3 for PC though.
Ahem, how do you know that the PC gameplay was on ultra??? That was never confirmed and is imo highly unlikely because ultra settings are still in the works and the game isn't really polished yet. Full ultra settings would probably have caused to many framerate issues. For example, there was definitely no sophisticated anti-aliasing method running in the PC footage. There was some heavy flickering involved (on the walls for example). The game should look much better with SMAA, TXAA or even supersampling...

Also on console you're locked to 1080p for the next years... ;)

@sidspyker
It's an upscaled "fake". They pretend like it was original 60 FPS to get more views/downloads because they seem to have better footage than everyone else. Sad but pretty common I fear.

Except... Ultra probably hasn't been shown yet since I haven't seen any special hair tech yet for example.

It's an upscaled "fake". They pretend like it was original 60 FPS to get more views/downloads because they seem to have better footage than everyone else. Sad but pretty common I fear.
Except this wasn't released on youtube yet (well except from mine). I doubt CDPR would pull tricks like that. It's still odd that the source file says 60FPS though.

Top Bottom