Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that consoles have different architecture with unified memory and low-level acces which alows them to use the same hardware more effectively than PC does. And because of the specific system specs developers can more effectively optimize their games. So, i thought that the "High" settings will require more hardware power on PC.
I`m not an expert though, so correct me if i`m wrong.

Last edited:
I thought that consoles have different architecture with unified memory and low-level acces which alows them to use the same hardware more effectively than PC does. And because of the specific system specs developers can more effetively optimise their games. So, i thought that the "High" settings will require more hardware power on PC.
I`m not an expert though, so correct me if i`m wrong.

That is true to an extent because of each console having the same specs and thus easier to optimise for.
That said, pc requirements for high should not be much higher than the console parts or there is one heck of a bad port being delivered to pc.

Personally I'd expect there to be a relatively low difference between hardware requirements for PC and Consoles, since the latter now have the same basic architecture. Theoretically that should lead to better PC optimization because I'd reckon a lot of the work on Consoles should be portable to PC versions.

What does the 28nm vs 20nm mean for GPUs?

Yea what the other guy said. Less wattage required for similar or greater compute speeds, less heat (Both combined leading to better OC'ing) and overall it leads to better architecture.

Die shrinks are usually a massive deal, I assume it's still the case for GPU. Although Intel has been pretty retarded and the old 32nm CPU's are still running absurdly well compared to their 22nm chips. Haswell is just way easier to Overclock.

But hopefully Nvidia and AMD are actually putting the die shrink to good use rather than follow the stupidity of Intel.

"Is it fair to believe that even on medium settings W3 PC version will look better than for example Xbox1/PS4? Because there are tons of games on the market where even low/medium settings of PC version look better than X360 etc." ?

"Is it fair to believe that even on medium settings W3 PC version will look better than for example Xbox1/PS4? Because there are tons of games on the market where even low/medium settings of PC version look better than X360 etc." ?

No, from what CD Projekt said you need to run the game on high settings to have an experience similar to the console versions.
It appears that the new generation consoles have far fewer limitation to them.

No, from what CD Projekt said you need to run the game on high settings to have an experience similar to the console versions.
It appears that the new generation consoles have far fewer limitation to them.
I would guess that the High settings are not the highest if you have a PC. I would imagine there will be: Low, Medium, High and Ultra. And if that will be the case then i will be happy. If i can't play on Ultra then i will play on High and if the demos of E3 are any indication of the High settings that would be great because the game looks beautiful on those demos.
Btw do you have the interview in witch they say that?

I would guess that the High settings are not the highest if you have a PC. I would imagine there will be: Low, Medium, High and Ultra. And if that will be the case then i will be happy. If i can't play on Ultra then i will play on High and if the demos of E3 are any indication of the High settings that would be great because the game looks beautiful on those demos.
Btw do you have the interview in witch they say that?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-combat-was-deliberately-easy-cd-projekt-says
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-w...-to-pc-high-ultra-settings-the-peak-in-games/
There ya go, there is indeed an ultra, otherwise the consoles have visuals that are high on pc.

Cool, means if I can't run everything on Ultra i can still get the quality of PS4 (high) which still looks beautiful! Thanks for the answers, guys!

The interviews really made me sad :( I always thought that PCs are far better on consoles,most of the times even at medium settings. Though I am glad for the console players for getting such amazing graphics out of a practically middle-end pc (wonder what happend to the master race :hmm: ). On the other hand, there is the ultra setting which will be really cool, but I wonder what GPU will we need for it. Hope that it isn't anything more expensive than a 760gtx or 770gtx.

I get the point of wanting to have same or at least similar performance and visuals across all platforms but PCs have always been more advanced so I hope we won't get just another Watch Dogs scenario. But hey,in CDPR we trust! :victory:

Consoles will maybe have high settings equivalent but at 30 fps... So it's not that equivalent.

Last edited:
Yeah, and at some shitty resolution(900p in this case). So this "it is high on consoles" thing is HIGHLY misleading. Its pretty much so that console clowns don't feel bad.

900p for Xbone.
Not so for PS4 however, it's 1080p on there.
So 1080p 30fps high settings on an HD7870 equivalent GPU.
Which isn't all that bad tbh.
I'd hardy call it misleading, especially when 900p is practically indistinguishable in most console home setups due to how far away from the TV they sit.
And scaler chips in these systems and modern TV's have gotten VERY good.
View attachment 4164
But I'm sure I'll get some ad hominem reply from somebody about how my eye sight must be terrible and I have no idea what I'm talking about. ::)

Attachments

• resolution_chart.jpg
    resolution_chart.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 60
900p for Xbone.
Not so for PS4 however, it's 1080p on there.
So 1080p 30fps high settings on an HD7870 equivalent GPU.
Which isn't all that bad tbh.
I'd hardy call it misleading, especially when 900p is practically indistinguishable in most console home setups due to how far away from the TV they sit.
And scaler chips in these systems and modern TV's have gotten VERY good.
View attachment 4164
But I'm sure I'll get some ad hominem reply from somebody about how my eye sight must be terrible and I have no idea what I'm talking about. ::)
Nah, no ad hominem(from me, at least). I had no idea the ps4 version was running at 1080p as said at the bottom of the article, that's great. And I am very happy for you that the console version is at an acceptable visual level for you, but for me it just doesn't work. Any resolution below 1080 and any frame-rate that isn't 60 is not "high" settings to me.

Anyway I am deeply sorry that calling console players "clowns" has caused offense, please accept my deepest of apologies.

ETA: Didn't see the bottom part of the articles corrected error.

Last edited:
Nah, no ad hominem(from me, at least). I had no idea the ps4 version was running at 1080p as said at the bottom of the article, that's great. And I am very happy for you that the console version is at an acceptable visual level for you, but for me it just doesn't work. Any resolution below 1080 and any frame-rate that isn't 60 is not "high" settings to me.

Anyway I am deeply sorry that calling console players "clowns" has caused offense, please accept my deepest of apologies.

ETA: Didn't see the bottom part of the articles corrected error.

I took no offense at all. No need to apologize.
I don't play on consoles, but I can see why it might of come off as such.
I play on PC and I need 1080p and 60fps to enjoy my games properly as well.
But it's just that not all console players feel that way or notice the resolution difference because they're not sitting at a monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom