The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
The first Witcher game had more of that but even so TW2 also has a lot of that stuff and not only that, your decisions not only affect Geralts relations but also the course of the game in a well implemented way. (srry for my english)

I do think is important if we get good conversations. A thing i really like about the franchise, both books and games, is its strong characterization. So i do hope that the devs give us some good conversations. I know im gonna sound like a nitpicky whiner but that is something that has me worried. The conversations ive seen in the demos have felt a bit limited. like you only get like 2 choices and that's all

Something I would EXTREMELY like to see in the Witcher 3 is deep conversation, or normal talk where you click certain options in the dialogue.

In the books, there is alot of conversations between Geralt and his friends, enemies or random people. It can be casual talk or deep conversation, but it is very beautiful and very important. I believe it allows us to see the shades of grey and the personalities of the people around Geralt.

Such conversations should be implemented into the Witcher 3. Examples from other games are The Walking Dead, and Dragon Age: Origins.

And in such conversations:

1) The player should be able to interact in the conversation.
2) The conversations should affect Geralt's relationship with others.

In the Witcher 2 it rarely existed. I only remember the conversation with Triss before "the bath" (which did not have any effect) and Geralt's talk to Cedric before his death (The Player could not interact). There's also when Zoltan and Dandelion ask Geralt why he joined Saskia and can answer them both differently, it just wasn't right.

I just wish for thoughtful talks that affect the storyline, the relationships, and Geralt.

Imagine Ciri and Geralt having such a conversation by the campfire.
Imagine a conversation with Vesimir, Eskel, or Yennefer.
Imagine a talk with an enemy or an intelligent monster.
Imagine roaming the lands on horseback with Dandelion, talking about old times. (Damn I'd love that)

And much more...

Do you feel the same?? What do you think??

I think we should expect this to be in game and nothing less.

Mod-able Virtual Reality support

Hi All

I'm sure many of you are aware virtual reality is starting to become more prominent over the last few years. It would be great if The Wicher 3 allowed developers and modders to create VR experiences for people who want them.

I imagine that The Wicher 3 is designed for a third person view and would be best experienced that way, however for the few (until VR is more mainstream) it would be appreciated.

On the PC version, easy VR support would be possible if developers can switch the game into first person view, Stereoscopic 3D support (optional but is a better experience), and have the ability to control the players animations.

If you are not aware of the technology I'm talking about, these videos are pretty informative:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhcOMOWRMnA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IecMNkv75Bo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUkjaNQlZO8

One more thing I would be glad to see is Geralt's eyes behaving accordingly with light intensity. They are cat-like, thin while exposed in bright light and very wide in the night. So if we walk in daylight his eyes would appear something like this:
View attachment 4536

And also while in the dark the pupils will become wider, like this:
View attachment 4537

Of course, the pupils won't widen beyond the iris, but will rather occupy a large area of it. There could be more grades of width, depending on light intensity.
So, just to summarize, it would be awesome to have something like this:
View attachment 4538

In the previous games I would have loved to see implemented this little detail, please let it happen in TW3 :)

Attachments

• cateyesss_resize.jpg
    cateyesss_resize.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DilatedPupils-87814777.jpg
    DilatedPupils-87814777.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 39224-IMG2_0009_resize.jpg
    39224-IMG2_0009_resize.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 42
Hi All

I'm sure many of you are aware virtual reality is starting to become more prominent over the last few years. It would be great if The Wicher 3 allowed developers and modders to create VR experiences for people who want them.

I imagine that The Wicher 3 is designed for a third person view and would be best experienced that way, however for the few (until VR is more mainstream) it would be appreciated.

On the PC version, easy VR support would be possible if developers can switch the game into first person view, Stereoscopic 3D support (optional but is a better experience), and have the ability to control the players animations.

I'm sure that the developers won't prevent modders from doing anything that they want, but if you look at the combat style in some of the gameplay videos, you may decide that this might not be a good choice for first-person view. He tends to spin around a lot. Maybe when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out?

Thanks @Garret117, I myself already said a few times on this forum how ridiculous meaningless are Geralt eyes on the games, I even said the cat potion it´s an atrocity to a witcher, witchers can see in the dark like cats, so automatically adjust the vision to dark areas, or by the option to control it, after all witchers can control their pupils, ít´s the best way to represent that, the effect you are taling about added to that, would be great. :)

I agree, I think Geralt should also have a built-in night vision, so with just the press of a button the player can activate it, as to simulate Geralt adapting his eyes to the dark.
This way the player can still enjoy the atmosphere in the darkness, and then gain instant visibility just enabling night vision (there could be a nice lighting effect to simulate the switch progress).

I'm with you on the removal of Cat Potion, as it would become useless (it could retain the ability to see blood traces or increase hearing distance, but yet again those abilities are already present in Witcher Senses)

Exactly, the cat potion it´s supposed to enhance your senses, not giving you the sense you are supposed to have, but haven´t, built-in night or cat vision, like you said, something similar to the first game effect of the cat potion, but without it (the potion), and after drink the potion, enhanced senses, but like you said that´s pretty much the witcher senses... but maybe the potion can upgrade the range or type of samples and things that you are able to "sense", for the time the potion is active, you are Sherlock in a Batman suit. :)

I agree, I think Geralt should also have a built-in night vision, so with just the press of a button the player can activate it, as to simulate Geralt adapting his eyes to the dark.
This way the player can still enjoy the atmosphere in the darkness, and then gain instant visibility just enabling night vision (there could be a nice lighting effect to simulate the switch progress).
We have not seen footage of witcher sense used at night, maybe it already does this. I still want to use a torch tho.:)

Thanks @Garret117 , I myself already said a few times on this forum how ridiculous meaningless are Geralt eyes on the games, I even said the cat potion it´s an atrocity to a witcher, witchers can see in the dark like cats, so automatically adjust the vision to dark areas, or by the option to control it, after all witchers can control their pupils, ít´s the best way to represent that, the effect you are taling about added to that, would be great. :)

Yes, he can see in darkness without aid, up to a point. But the Cat potion is straight out the books (though not given that name):

Geralt flinched a little and swallowed hard. The initial shock of drinking the elixir had passed and the second stage was beginning to take effect, as indicated by a faint but unpleasant dizziness which accompanied the adaptation of his sight to darkness. The adaptation progressed quickly. The deep darkness of the night paled; everything around him started to take on shades of grey, shades which were at first hazy and unclear then increasingly contrasting, distinct and sharp. In the little street leading to the canal bank which, a moment ago, had been as dark as the inside of a tar barrel, Geralt could now make out the rats roaming through the gutters, and sniffing at puddles and gaps in the walls. His hearing, too, had been heightened by the witchers’ decoction.

The idea seems to be that it's something he uses when he needs to heighten his senses beyond the level they're already at.

If night vision could be activated with a button, it should come at some cost, like less health. That way there would be some incentive to use a torch. I'd also like to see him be able to drop a torch during a fight and then later pick it up.

However I had a question for anyone who might know and if no one does then a request. How is the looting system in W3? In W2 it really slowed down the action to wait for the game to decide that you are no longer in combat and therefore allowed to loot. especially in the first act, where you were constantly in and out of combat hunting ingredients. Personally if they have the same system, just make the timer near instant, possibly on a separate button. No reason why item pickup can't be bound to a separate button on both KB&M and controller. That or just give the items instantly without a loot mechanic. I appreciate that skinning an animation is an immersive experience, but unless the sequence is somehow entertaining/engaging AND rewarding (skinning minigame? do the minigame get extra ingredients! skip it and get less (but enough)) it fast becomes a labor. Even a game like Red Dead Redemption, which IMO had a rather fun hunting game, skinning became a chore. No i dont need to see some blood splatter effect for 5-10 seconds possibly multiple times in a row.

I'm sure that the developers won't prevent modders from doing anything that they want, but if you look at the combat style in some of the gameplay videos, you may decide that this might not be a good choice for first-person view. He tends to spin around a lot. Maybe when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out?

I totally agree, him spinning around would be nauseating in VR, VR is still in its infancy tho and some people will put up with it for the experience. Depending on how much control is given for modding in TW3, who is to say the community wont come up with a good combat system for VR.

If nothing else, it will certainly create a lot of talk about TW3 if the CDPR was to support this kind of modding.

Last edited:
Witcher 3 sugestion

Hi CD Project,

I'm here to suggest you something very important to me

I have a visual impairment. I wonder if there is any possibility of an option so you can change the position of the mini-map

I have less of 10% of normal visual acuity

I cannot see what is in the mini-map in the upper right corner.
I bought the previous two games and was unable to play them because of this "problem". :(

I know it's unusual to ask about something like this, but regardless of whether I have a visual impairment, I am passionate about games and I am extremely fascinated with The Witcher 3

Can I have some hope of being able to have some function that allows me to play? Please make me play this master piece!
Hope you asnwer me ;)

Thanks
Best regards

ps: sorry if my english is not the best, did my best :)

Top Bottom