Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
when will bioware be courageous enough to address bestiality and objectophilia? by virtue of non inclusion in their sexual relationship sim, they are oppressing those people and pretending they don't exist!

but they did cover that stuff!

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/The_Pearl

The Warden wakes with two nugs who, when clicked on, flop to the ground lounging and produce the message, "The nugs avoid eye contact, trying to look busy." The reference in Witch Hunt with the gossiping mages regarding the Warden could be pulled from this random surprise.

The Warden wakes up in a room filled with flower pots, scarecrows, a dragon egg, some bottles of unknown fluid, a whip, a trellis or monkey bars, and a ring of practice dummies with a wooden fish statue in the middle. The Warden paces looking paranoid or utterly confused.

Such a shame they didn't change release date to 24th February 2015. THAT would be very interesting.

Last edited:
Such a shame they didn't change release date to 24th February 2015. THAT would be very interesting.

I assume that's what you meant.

Anyway, outside of some hype that might have created, I don't see how that would have made a big difference. DAI and TW3 seem different enough that there's room for both in the market. Plus there are people out there who simply will not buy one regardless of the other (I'm leaning toward not getting DAI, myself).

Last edited:
i always wanted to have relationship with my dog, but bi-o-ware never deliver it to me- sad bioware fan :(

i thought this was an rpg, but apparently it's a gay dating simulator.
I started the new novel this weekend, and it's dedicated to "our LGBTQ fans" and by the 2nd chapter you're into the lesbian elf mistress with the empress. They're really laying it on thick these days. If they want to be a niche developer, though, that's their business.

At least the panel acknowledges a bit how juvenile and silly it gets. You just have to think of it as they're writing the fanfiction pre-emptively. Inclusive of the fetish literature... god, that part where the crowd goes wild talking about how huge the "iron bull" is... fucking creepy. No pun intended.

One thing I think is funny is that they always bring up how many female Wardens romanced Leliana as proof that teh ghey is so popular in the DA fandom. Meanwhile the only way you could keep Leliana from humping your leg was to leave her in Lothering.

Last edited:
I am surprised how many people on this forum are against LGBT characters. It feels as if including them would make their game less enjoyable. LGBT content is great and including it in games is important. That is something that CDPR should learn from Bioware.

I am surprised how many people on this forum are against LGBT characters. It feels as if including them would make their game less enjoyable. LGBT content is great and including it in games is important. That is something that CDPR should learn from Bioware.

No. CDPR Has done a gay and lesbian(bisexual) character. Bioware throws LGBT characters in that suck. The former was quality, the latter was about quantity.

Including specific race, sex, sexual preference, or religious characters makes not a good game. It's about how well of a character they are. I know we use Dethmold and Phillipa to death as well written characters who are not straight, but look how much better those two are versus all Bioware LGBT characters. If say Wolfenstein the New Order included more Germans, would thathhave made it a better game? C

dpr did not stereotype their gay characters. But look at Gaider, "oh this character is fully gay". Yeah I'll stick to Cdpr and their gay characters.

Maybe you and I are reading different posts, but I don't see many people at all against LGBT characters in games. More so I see a lot of distaste for the way specifically Bioware uses LGBT characters. For instance Dorian, who when introduced as a character was put up in a lot of press releases about how this is the first ever fully gay character in your party. And what did they say about Dorian? He likes to 'look dashing' first and save the world second.

More often than not in people posting about how much they dislike gay characters in Bioware games they will hold up examples like Arcade Gannon from Fallout NV as a deep, well written character that happens to be gay, as opposed to a character existing in a game only to be a gay character.

A lot of people feel that Bioware uses unfavorable stereotypes and then falls back to being pro-LGBT as a defense for poor dialogue.
View attachment 4950

People dislike pandering and feel Bioware goes down a diversity checklist instead of just writing characters well, regardless of sexuality or ethnicity. Then they fall back on that checklist to defend themselves against legitimate critiques.

Attachments

• tumblr_liapndVrzG1qdrfdro1_500.jpg
    tumblr_liapndVrzG1qdrfdro1_500.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 29

In what way ? If a developer includes LGBT characters that are shallow and superficial in a game to only give a nod to the LGBT community then in my opinion they are doing them a disservice .

In what way ? If a developer includes LGBT characters that are shallow and superficial in a game to only give a nod to the LGBT community then in my opinion they are doing them a disservice .

Try telling the BSN that. They were content with table scraps when they deserved better, especially from a dev that supposedly cares about this stuff. At least they committed for DA:I, but unlike TW2, the gay characters look awfully cliche.

No. CDPR Has done a gay and lesbian(bisexual) character. Bioware throws LGBT characters in that suck. The former was quality, the latter was about quantity.

Including specific race, sex, sexual preference, or religious characters makes not a good game. It's about how well of a character they are. I know we use Dethmold and Phillipa to death as well written characters who are not straight, but look how much better those two are versus all Bioware LGBT characters. If say Wolfenstein the New Order included more Germans, would thathhave made it a better game? C

dpr did not stereotype their gay characters. But look at Gaider, "oh this character is fully gay". Yeah I'll stick to Cdpr and their gay characters.

You sound as if Bioware had created only LGBT characters, which is not true.

What is wrong with including more LGBT characters. Would the story suffer? Or the characters? Also not every character that Bioware created is shallow just as not every character in the Witcher games is well written. Both developers had created great and less great characters.

You sound as if Bioware had created only LGBT characters, which is not true.

Casually tossing out accusations of homophobia or sexism on this site isn't going to fly, especially when you've provided zero evidence of it happening. This isn't the BSN where it's perfectly acceptable to sling this shit around like nothing. Here, people take such topics seriously.

Maybe you and I are reading different posts, but I don't see many people at all against LGBT characters in games. More so I see a lot of distaste for the way specifically Bioware uses LGBT characters. For instance Dorian, who when introduced as a character was put up in a lot of press releases about how this is the first ever fully gay character in your party. And what did they say about Dorian? He likes to 'look dashing' first and save the world second.

More often than not in people posting about how much they dislike gay characters in Bioware games they will hold up examples like Arcade Gannon from Fallout NV as a deep, well written character that happens to be gay, as opposed to a character existing in a game only to be a gay character.

A lot of people feel that Bioware uses unfavorable stereotypes and then falls back to being pro-LGBT as a defense for poor dialogue.
View attachment 4950

People dislike pandering and feel Bioware goes down a diversity checklist instead of just writing characters well, regardless of sexuality or ethnicity. Then they fall back on that checklist to defend themselves against legitimate critiques.

Dorian is a new character. Maybe we should wait and play the game first, before we start judging the writing.

Top Bottom