NEW 6 minutes gameplay "teaser"

+
@Kudos
I understand the complaints people had that it took too long to drink potions in tw2, but if they decide to fix that by straight out removing the animation... don't think that's the way to go about it. If they just make it fast like it was in tw1 it's not going to be a problem and it won't be a detriment to immersion.

anyway i think we must point out what we think can be better insted of just saying its epic, can´t wait, goty, but that is just me :)

Oh without a doubt, I just think there's more important things to mention like some of the animations and Geralt running into a Geese like it's a brick wall, then something that could very easily just be a Realism/Gamplay trade-off (Unless Brick-Geese are somehow Gameplay related and meant to stay ;) )

I don't know why I can't remember any of those sequences in TR/Uncharted, I guess it's probably because I kind of hated those games so the brain stopped caring as soon as I finished :hmm:

Still very different situations between The Witcher and those games. However truly there is no harm in pointing it out, I just think comparisons to stuff like GTAV is really silly.

Agreed @frynse;

I'm going to return to my first thought after my first viewing... COMBAT is definitely improved over TW2, targetting is down to Geralts facing direction now, and thats going to be superb.

I was fearing Geralt of Gothrim... know what I mean? I'm reassured thats not happening :)

Visually and audibly very good.

I'm still somewhat wary of the combat, though; it doesn't look bad, but kind of messy and something you don't really stop to think about but just twiggle as fast as you can.

And was that a... superfast out of combat health regen I saw there?

Last edited:
FYI

Euphoria is an existing Physics engine that Rockstar licensed in the same way you could license Havok. The difference being that it was better suited for creating CGI animations without mocap than realtime game simulation. It was extramly impresive at the time and was created by a company called Endorphin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0yvs6RJVVY

EDIT: no wait scratch that, i just watched the video i posted and realised endorphin is the other name for an oficial realese of euphoria tools, can't remember the company name.
It's NaturalMotion and I distinctly seem to recall that either they had a deal with Rockstar only exclusivity or were bought by them later on. Only a few non R* games had Euphoria and they were quite early. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Visually and audibly very good.

I'm still somewhat wary of the combat, though; it doesn't look bad, but kind of messy. And was that a... superfast out of combat health regen I saw there?

Hopefully that's because of the difficulty mode that the Demo is set to. Considering they're trying to push potion experimentation with this new Auto-Refilling system, you'd think having Health NEVER regen would be important as it would force people to use potions like Swallow.

I wouldn't be angry with slow regen outside of Combat (Both 1 & 2 had it), however definitely HP should never regen during Combat unless you've got a potion effect up.

Hopefully that's because of the difficulty mode that the Demo is set to. Considering they're trying to push potion experimentation with this new Auto-Refilling system, you'd think having Health NEVER regen would be important as it would force people to use potions like Swallow.

I wouldn't be angry with slow regen outside of Combat (Both 1 & 2 had it), however definitely HP should never regen during Combat unless you've got a potion effect up.

I hope & trust you are correct here, auto regen seems pointless, and just a further nerf to an already uncertain Alchemy system. But these issues file under balancing yeah? Time for that yet im thinking...

I don't mind fast out of combat regeneration. I know there were tons of times in both games where I'd just sit around waiting in one spot for my health to come back.

I don't mind fast out of combat regeneration. I know there were tons of times in both games where I'd just sit around waiting in one spot for my health to come back.
It was most likely because it's a demo but yes slow health regen out of combat is pointless. I just stood there for a few minutes or meditated for an (in-game)hour.

It's NaturalMotion and I distinctly seem to recall that either they had a deal with Rockstar only exclusivity or were bought by them later on. Only a few non R* games had Euphoria and they were quite early. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Can't find any info on it. maybe they did buy them. Although the Endorphin tools are still free to download without a problem. Regardles they didn't make the engine, "just" adapted it to work in a huge open world game on prety much every object from cars to shot pedestrians to corpses to drunk Nico. :D

Can't find any info on it. maybe they did buy them. Although the Endorphin tools are still free to download without a problem. Regardles they didn't make the engine, "just" adapted it to work in a huge open world game on prety much every object from cars to shot pedestrians to corpses to drunk Nico. :D
The engine naturally improved since GTA IV to Max Payne 3 to GTA V. So assuming they did get bought, it's Rockstar's money being spent, maybe their licensing costs are absurd we can't really say. Assumption regardless, point being you can have some really advanced physics etc with Euphoria and merely adding animations for climbing uphill/going downhill wouldn't be enough.

The other options is of course like Assassin's Creed III and above did it, raytracing all possible paths that could be taken but that also took them "the better part of three years" and they also most likely had the facility to do it, render farms I imagine.

EDIT: Oh dear...
http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/30/zynga-naturalmotion/

Last edited:
That was amazing guys. Stunningly gorgeous, What did you guys..oh wait this is the wet blanket party huh.

Where's the warm blanket party, I must have mixed up my invitation.

Its like you're physically incapable of just enjoying something. Perhaps there is some massive over expectation?

I mean I look at a game like Risen 3 and then I see people complaining about this and damn.

Last edited:
I love the video, but the first thing that caught my "eyes" is that while the village ambient sound has a lot going on, you doesn't actually see too much of that, I mean, there's like 6-8 people on screen and they aren't even talking to each other.

Last edited:
@Kudos 2:30

anyway i think we must point out what we think can be better insted of just saying its epic, can´t wait, goty, but that is just me :)

Ok, just watched that bit again, and you may have a point, but it's not certain. He doesn't actually run through that deep part, he takes only a few steps at any time, I say theres not enough to know whether actually running in deep water is possible, or if he'd slow down. Anyway, it really is early days, but fair point.

LMAO... and did you hear about Candy Crush today? Company Shares plummeting... always figured these micro devs were ridiculous...

Last edited:
Top Bottom