Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Very disappointing to hear. Yes, as countless others have pointed out, this is not in-game content which would've really rustled my jimmies. However, it doesn't change the fact that the people who are purchasing the CE on the PS4 are paying the same price for less content. Even the PC version, which I have pre-ordered, is losing out though we are paying £10 less.

Although CDPR has become a paragon of sorts in the gaming industry for treating their customers with parity and respect, it is inevitable that it won't last forever. While this decision hasn't significantly shaken my trust in them, combined with Marcin's platitudes about how this decision, in the end, is all for us- the customers- it has me worried that this is only the first of many steps in the wrong direction. It is clear that Microsoft has offered monetary incentives to CDPR to try and boost their sluggish X1 sales. This is no way close to what Microsoft, Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics did with the Tomb Raider sequel, but if maximising their sales any way they can starts to creep into CDPR's policies and priorities, what's to stop them from expanding that to in-game content and other aspects in the future? We could end up with another company that trades in all the good-will it has earned (deservedly) for a quick buck.

I do agree with Marcin on one thing, however. The final call is indeed ours to make, and I will certainly re-consider whether I am willing to spend £130 for a product that is inferior just by being on a different platform.

Oh, seems like the developers have been excluded from this rule by many people in this thread.

Developers aren't people, don't you know?

HURR DURRR DURRR :listen:
Two moderators being ironic and mocking forum posters, whilst earlier making statements about respect and selfrestraint.

To sum up this thread with a bit of humor: (from 1:15)

That was hilarious, and I think I'll be starting the day with some grapes and cucumbers next to that sandvich. :hai:

Anyways, I'm starting to see familiar statements and hints from CDRed that we've seen in the past from other now dead or withering studios, and I don't like it.
Now this isn't the most dramatic and insane scenario thatt's been but nevertheless its left a stain on our trust and loyalty.
It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation , but you can lose it in a minute.

Yes, exactly my sentiments. I was on Bioware forums few years back and this thread sounds same as those threads there back then. Bioware did something questionable, lot of people got upset, then lot of apologists entered in with passive-agressive remarks about how they just dont get the rage etc. And we know how that turned out.

Not to say this is same situation, its not as bad, but it really shows CDPR is shifting its priorities little bit. As for myself, I didnt want to buy collectors edition, didnt even preorder normal edition but its still matter of principle.

Two moderators being ironic and mocking forum posters, whilst earlier making statements about respect and selfrestraint.

Here, a quote from the forum rules:

• All complaints regarding forum moderators or appeals against their decisions shall be examined and resolved by CD Projekt RED as represented by Keth. Submissions of this type should take the form of private communications or e-mails. Any complaint or appeal submitted otherwise shall be null and void.

If you have anything more to say on this matter, you now know what to do and what not to do. Choice is yours.

HURR DURRR DURRR :listen:
I don't remember mentioning about self restraint but in regard to respect... still doing the same thing, except via irony.

Alright PC players.

Do Xbox people complain about all the discounts you get!? what about that GOG discount where if you own W1andW2 do console people have that!? Do console people have good graphics!?

We got things good so at least let the poor console guys have a couple of goddamn cards.

So, maybe user reprimands should also be handled via PM?
Nobody has been reprimanded. Just a nudge that it goes both ways.

A red was here yesterday in the thread talking about the CE and all that happened was he was quoted by some condescending people and insulted despite him not having anything to do with a business decision.

This isn't big deal but people might be worried about future of CDPR and partnership with sinking platform.

MS is desperate to get any deal with anyone, CDPR should choose its friends more carefully.

Reputation and players respect is more important then some money they dont need before the game even comes out.

To make it fair cdpr could give PS4 players some free PSN avatars or wallpapers etc.

Alright PC players.

Do Xbox people complain about all the discounts you get!? what about that GOG discount where if you own W1andW2 do console people have that!? Do console people have good graphics!?

We got things good so at least let the poor console guys have a couple of goddamn cards.
While I think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion (some valid points are being made by both sides though), you're comparing apples and oranges. How is it a developer's fault if a console can't be pushed as far as a high end PC? How is it a developer's fault that you don't have GoG or Steam on console, that the distributors for console content don't do discounts?

Autorem gry jestem ja i Damien. Pracujemy rownież and otwarciem witcherstora ale nie mogę jeszcze tego potwierdzić na 100%.

Found it on Polish side of the forum. Rafał and Damien are authors of Gwent.They are also working on opening witcher store.But they cant confirm it 100%

I want to buy a mug with Wolfs Head !!! To drink morning coffe with it!!!! <bliss>

Yeah Rafal mentioned some of that in this very thread yesterday:

Myself and Damien are working on gwint for a looooong time so not really :)
The map is the same map as other - the material is just diffrent.

We made the Best CE we could - it took us almost 2 years. It is not a mean to make money for us . We really pured our heart in to it.

We are not doing any new CE print runs - we are not sold out everywere completly but you are correct in most key marker there is nothing left.

Can't read polish, thought those two were unrelated things :p

Also he did write that Gwent is proper CGI with 150 unique cards... So i assume (thats my opinion) that they will sell it in store in future , with decks , packs etc and they will make expansions for it.CGI where and are popular in Poland.But thats only my thoughts.

It’s a peaty there is nothing we can really do. Are the most dedicated fans — who bought all possible collectors editions — angry and ready to go full battle mode? Yes! Does CDProject Red (CDP) bother about us? No, they just whore for Microsoft’s money. It’s so terrible for someone like me, because I was (and still am) a great fan of CDP and all their work from the first day. I remember times, when they were a little studio just prototyping the first Witcher.

On early stages that game looked creepy and really strange, but there was something, which gave us hope — we were sure, that this company came for good and long time. CDP had no fans, but there were a lot of people loving The Witcher books (Saga o wiedźminie), and we were sure, that one day CDP would turn this fantasy world in brilliant game series.

I have some experience working in game industry (of course not with such big franchises, but still) and I can say, that this deal with MS is just selling themselves for money. Not for big money. Not for the critical amount. CDPs situation is not about surviving or finishing the game. It’s only about getting extra cash.

Why should we care, you ask? Guys, it’s only the first sight of possible troubles. You don’t care “about some shitty cards and map?” Some people still care, but that’s not the biggest problem. At first will see minor exclusive physical goods, and then comes dlc, timed exclusives etc. After tasting easy money CDP won’t be able to stop. Why should they care about fans, if they can sell them for thirty pieces of silver?

It seems we can’t stop them. Everything starts with little surrender, after first swallowing your pride and selling your ass for shiny gold. CDP bosses have to think smart and decide what is more important for them: keeping their promises and remaining loyal to their fans, or loosing for the next MS injection. But very little hope is left. Like Jonathan Swift once said: “Promises are like piecrust, made to be broken”.

A while ago I made this image and posted it on reddit:

https://i.imgur.com/iTtWxsj.jpg
http://en.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/27gmsz/the_witcher_cdpr_and_the_world_of_gaming/

When I did so, I truly believed CDPR were above all of this nonsense.

People can spin it how ever they like, but it's preferential treatment, and even without their earlier quotes in regards to having no platform exclusivity, I don't see why it should be acceptable.

What can be done? Nothing really, nothing that will make much of a difference for now. But, CDPR, you will lose credibility with a lot of people, especially those that bought the CEs.

I preordered two CEs. One to keep sealed and one to take the statue out of. Now I'd actually be in a place to buy one PC version (the platform I play games on) and an XB1 version for the extra collectibles. But I still won't, for two reasons. 1. I don't like Microsoft's business practices and I definitely don't want to be associated with Microsoft's console in any way shape or form. And 2. I shouldn't have to

All I can say is... if I could go back in time knowing what I know now, and I was to make that image again... well, I probably wouldn't. This is very disappointing CDPR.

Mr. Iwinski says "If you still consider that adding two decks of Gwent cards and a map of the in-game world to the Xbox One CE equals us betraying our values and not fulfilling our promises, well, it does make us sad, but the final call is always yours to make."

Dear Mr. Iwinski

This is not about 2 decks of cards and a cloth map that Your fans are concerned about. It's about the fact that You accepted money from someone that want's You to turn back on some of Your fans, it's about going back on Your promises. You personally do not consider it "betraying Your values"?? If in Your view this is not betrayal of Your values than I don't know what is.

"EVIL IS EVIL, LESSER, GREATER, MIDDLING, MAKES NO DIFFERENCE"

I really hope that there won't be any more exclusives for any of the platforms. I'm still a huge fan of CD Projekt Red and I will not turn my back on this company (I won't cancel my CE for PC) but please don't dissapoint us like that in the future!!

Top Bottom