Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
I made the pre-order in amazon, all versions are sold out...if i cancel i cant make the order for Xone Version... it's the only site who delivers to my country with a fair price...

The biggest problem here is CDPRojekt is being fucked by Microsoft without knowing it. They didn't need Microsoft before and they still don't need them today

So having CDPR on MS's E3 conferences TWICE IN A ROW didn't help CDPR in ANY WAY?!

Are you completely serious? Are you aware that the Witcher games' popularity skyrocketed after the E3 2013 trailer was shown on a public press conference?

And before you say that I am defending Microsoft, no, I am not, if CDPR went to Sony instead I bet you that they would have made CDPR make exclusive IN-GAME content for the PS4, and you know it.

And besides .... Two damn card decks and a cloth map for Xbone CE is the least terrible thing that might have happened .... Would you rather have some platform have exclusive in-game content then?

Still ... I do want that damn cloth map, and I am getting the PC CE.

You mean the XBox CE was sold out before the cards were announced?

Yes, pretty sure they've been sold out here (Canada) too for like a month+. I remember reading certain stores in the US were selling out of CEs soon after pre-orders went up. People were waiting for CEs to show up on different stores.

Yes, pretty sure they've been sold out here (Canada) too for like a month+. I remember reading certain stores in the US were selling out of CEs soon after pre-orders went up. People were waiting for CEs to show up on different stores.

Okay, this makes the annoyance of some people a little bit more understandable to me. But I still think it's not the end of the world. I don't own a XBox so I won't get the cards and the cloth map as well and that's a pity. But I'll get over it, as long as the game fulfills the expectations, and I'm pretty sure it will. And maybe the cards will be available in the GOG / CDPR store one day. Last time I got the cards but no amulet, this time it's the other way round.

I made the pre-order in amazon, all versions are sold out...if i cancel i cant make the order for Xone Version... it's the only site who delivers to my country with a fair price...

Unless they get more stock, hover on that page at launch. They always have a small window where they get more orders because there are some cancelations or people don't pay. It's a gamble and I wouldn't let go of your other one just in case until you lock one in. Your can always return for free with Amazon.

Not that I am guaranteed one, but my local ebgames were still taking pre orders as of last week here in Winnipeg. At SOME stores, others were refusing. Whether They'll actually receive enough stock for me to get one....I guess I'll find out in Feb :S.

I also pre ordered from GameStop US site yesterday as a further back up option. U can try that if the $25 shipping and probable duties aren't a deal breaker for you.

Well this sucks for those who ordered the CE. Xbox... really? At least with PS4 you would've had a chance to make more money, since they've sold over 10 million PS4's. Anyways, I believe everyone should get the same package! No wonder all gameplay demos are on Xbox 1... Looked fishy to me since the first one.

Surprised to see such nit-picking for a set of cards. Nothing are been taken away from them. No one seems to understand that they didn't bring any change to the game itself but are providing exclusive assets to have platform differenciation, which is a reasonable thing to do no matter how you put it. Now comments are going to great extents like "it's the slope downhill to oblivion for this studio, we all know it" or "I won't buy the game until this is fixed" and some rather aggressive comments on that other website that relayed the info. Fan(atic)s can take a rather bad turn sometimes, the news are often here to remind us of that.

Well this sucks for those who ordered the CE. Xbox... really? At least with PS4 you would've had a chance to make more money, since they've sold over 10 million PS4's. Anyways, I believe everyone should get the same package! No wonder all gameplay demos are on Xbox 1... Looked fishy to me since the first one.

How would they make more money? If they had an equal number of CE for each platform? I reckon that's the case, but no source on it.

When the crunch gets here I'll be surprised to see X1 editions left. People like Dragonbird are getting copies that they don't even plan on palying to get a CE.

it didn't upset anyone when people who bought the earlier games got discounts on the new one at GOG and Steam, it didn't upset anyone when customers in Germany got exclusive non-game content from Amazon.de, it didn't upset anyone when PC-users got exclusive non-game content if they bought through GOG, so it's very hard to see what other reason there could be for it suddenly upsetting anyone now.

Can we please stop picking on GOG version already. I've seen people bring up GOG preorder again and again as if it's something really special. It really isn't and people who bought physical copy will likely gain free access to GOG version anyway sooner or later like they have in the past. Maybe even on day one.
Price cut just brings the price down to normal PC levels. We all know why console version is $60. If someone has issues with that you know who to complain to... Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo, because they are the ones collecting royalties for a privilege to play on their platform and inflating the price.
Neverwinter night is pretty much useless because most people likely already had it anyway. It's been on GOG top sellers list for ages. I had it and if you have it already you get nothing.
The only thing that stands out is beta access to card game, but sadly even though the game interests me beta is only for a certain portion of the game that doesn't interest me so meh there goes that for me.
All the other stuff is something people who buy physical copy will probably gain access to for free anyway.

The best thing I received from GOG version is knowing some rich retailer isn't going to take some huge % cut for sale like 30% or something just for a privilege to sell a copy of the game in their store.

Last edited:
Can we please stop picking on GOG version already. I've seen people bring up GOG preorder again and again as if it's something really special. It really isn't and people who bought physical copy will likely gain free access to GOG version anyway sooner or later like they have in the past. Maybe even on day one.
Price cut just brings the price down to normal PC levels. We all know why console version is $60. If someone has issues with that you know who to complain to... Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo, because they are the ones collecting royalties for a privilege to play on their platform and inflating the price.
Neverwinter night is pretty much useless because most people likely already had it anyway. It's been on GOG top sellers list for ages. I had it and if you have it already you get nothing.
The only thing that stands out is beta access to card game, but sadly even though the game interests me beta is only for a certain portion of the game that doesn't interest me so meh there goes that for me.
All the other stuff is something people who buy physical copy will probably gain access to for free anyway.

If the argument being used by those complaining is simply that they're upset that they're not getting the Xbox extra merchandise, then fine. The reason for complaint may not be accepted by others as a valid one, but that doesn't matter.
But if the argument is being presented as one of a moral high ground, that CDPR broke their word, it shouldn't matter how minor those extra items at GOG were, and whether you wanted them or not, it was still non-game content that was offered only to users of one platform. The "moral high ground" seems to be build on sand.

Top Bottom