Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had any issues with W2. Not silky smooth, but solidly "ok" on medium settings. Possibly because I have oodles of RAM, so paging is next to non-existant? I plan to 'suck it and see' but it doesn't hurt to make a speculative budget and update plan - if I save and can get away without spending... so much the better. What I can say is that 2 970s are not in my immediate future.

Never had any issues with W2. Not silky smooth, but solidly "ok" on medium settings. Possibly because I have oodles of RAM, so paging is next to non-existant? I plan to 'suck it and see' but it doesn't hurt to make a speculative budget and update plan - if I save and can get away without spending... so much the better. What I can say is that 2 970s are not in my immediate future.

The computer that card was in sucked period. It was some old AMD cpu from 2005 and had ddr2 ram maybe 4 gigs. Still I had issues unless I ran 720p. 1080 was out of the question. I graduated to an i5 2500k but I got the addiction issue and bought an i5 4670 and then an i74770k .......looking at new chips now but will likely wait for skylake to build a whole new rig.....So a broadwell will be my next chip.....to keep current MB/ram etc....You can get a nice gtx750ti for $130 to $150.00
Heck I could sell you one of my 660ti EVGA brand about 2 years old. warranty will transfer 3 years left. $125.00 plus shipping

@Guy N'wah @ariate Well then other than hoping for the best, I have three questions:

1. What are the cheapest cards I can buy that will make me pass the Directx11 requirement?

2. Is there any problem between The Witcher 2 and Athlon 64x2 processors? Because the witcher 2 would run on low frame rates on mediums settings even when I was running Crysis 2 on ultra with great frame rates. If there is, do you know if they fixed it for the Witcher 3?

3. Any other general suggestions? Any other things I must upgrade other than video card? Any cons for having a 64 bit version of Win7?

Thanks guys and @Guy N'wah thanks again I remember once you gave me the greatest explanation about all hardware stuff and how they work. And @ariate thanks for asking, I live in Syria. I know it's war, but we're optimistic and resilient.

@Guy N'wah @ariate Well then other than hoping for the best, I have three questions:

1. What are the cheapest cards I can buy that will make me pass the Directx11 requirement?

2. Is there any problem between The Witcher 2 and Athlon 64x2 processors? Because the witcher 2 would run on low frame rates on mediums settings even when I was running Crysis 2 on ultra with great frame rates. If there is, do you know if they fixed it for the Witcher 3?

3. Any other general suggestions? Any other things I must upgrade other than video card? Any cons for having a 64 bit version of Win7?

Thanks guys and @Guy N'wah thanks again I remember once you gave me the greatest explanation about all hardware stuff and how they work. And @ariate thanks for asking, I live in Syria. I know it's war, but we're optimistic and resilient.

You have the GTX 750 from Nvidia, ranging from 109,00 to 140 dolars, the Radeon HD 6970 from 100 to 120 and the Radeon
2. I don't know. The Witcher 2 was not very optimized and was a little bug on launch. The enchaced version made it better, but still...
3. 64bit is the best version. Keep it. And yoy need a 64 bit version if you want more than 4gb of ram.

I hope you are far from the most battle intense cities. We are hardly receiving any news about Syria. Other than ISIS I mean :( . Be safe

In nVidia, the 750 and 750Ti. In AMD, the 7750, R7 265, and up. By the time the game comes out, nVidia may have more entry-level "Maxwell" cards to choose from.

AMD has been eating Intel's dust in the CPU market ever since the Core 2 (Conroe, Kentsfield) came out. Witcher 2 is a very demanding game, much more than Crysis 2, and it will bring much more powerful CPUs to their knees.

Stay safe.

Thanks you guys :)

I won't buy anything until they release the official requirements. But I'm considering a Phenom II processor and a Radeon HD 7750 video card with 6GB of RAM and a 64-bit Win7. Will those be a good match, or will they bottleneck the video card? And are they cheap?

You too :)

I won't buy anything until they release the official requirements. But I'm considering a Phenom II processor and a Radeon HD 7750 video card with 6GB of RAM and a 64-bit Win7. Will those be a good match, or will they bottleneck the video card? And are they cheap?

Be safe ya kbeer.

You find the 7750 for 100 dolars, but the 1gb version. I think it would be safe to buy a 2gb version, as games today are requiring more and more. The R270 costs about 150, is 2gb and is an awesome card.

About the Phenom II, you only find used ones, if I'm not mistake. If it's the only one you can go after, try to find a quadcore or sixcore one (and check if it's compatible with your motherboard). If you can go after other ones, AMD have other good models (new ones) from 79 to 300 dolars. AMD FX-8320 Vishera costs 149 and seens very good or a AMD Athlon X4 750K Trinity, that is inferior but is very good also and costs 79

Last edited:
Having watched my little Core i3 outcrunch a Phenom II and an 8-core Bulldozer, I've pretty much made my last build with an AMD CPU.

One exception: If you're not going to be CPU-bound at all, and memory bandwidth, PCI-Express bandwidth, and cost are all very important, the 8-core FX's are a better bargain than Core i5's and Core i7's. But if you're going to do CPU-bound work, just forget AMD altogether. Even low-range Intel CPUs are superior to high-end AMDs.

I prefer Intel, but they are more expensive. If you are not going to do some heavy video editing or other cpu heavy working, the AMD is better game. However, if you do, you might consider a Core I5. Or a Core 2 Quad, used one. My last build was with one and it was a beast!

But if you're going to do CPU-bound work, just forget AMD altogether. Even low-range Intel CPUs are superior to high-end AMDs.
This pretty much. I bought my first AMD back during the Athlon days, it was a good buy(mostly). Then my second AMD which I am currently regretting using. NEVER AGAIN.... or until they get better quality but right now AMD architecture is just not the smarter buy speaking in terms other than financial.

SURPRISE!

1,5 x supersampling :

2 x supersampling :

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Ryse-PC-259308/Specials/Test-Technik-1138543/
----------------------

http://pclab.pl/art59993-7.html

Thanks for this, so the old guns from AMD still showing muscle to the latest Nvidia offerings ? good to see that. Ryse becomes the second game with this trend, the first was Shadow of Mordor where AMD R9 290 and 290X series still holding ground (not to mention it's an Nvidia title). A little more search showed this

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...rmance-Testing/4K-Testing-and-Closing-Thought

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNbcsfG-uYo

In addition to this AMD just dropped the prices of R9 290 and 290X so I will consider twice before jumping on Maxwell wagon until bigger Maxwells are shown but by then we also have something from AMD.

Last edited:
Thanks for this, so the old guns from AMD still showing muscle to the latest Nvidia offerings ? good to see that. Ryse becomes the second game with this trend, the first was Shadow of Mordor where AMD R9 290 and 290X series still holding ground (not to mention it's an Nvidia title). A little more search showed this

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...rmance-Testing/4K-Testing-and-Closing-Thought

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNbcsfG-uYo

In addition to this AMD just dropped the prices of R9 290 and 290X so I will consider twice before jumping on Maxwell wagon until bigger Maxwells are shown but by then we also have something from AMD.

me too, especially when r9 295x2 is just 1000$. people are hyped so much about maxwell but everybody knows journalists & big corporations. so it's better if consumers wait till tests of enthusiast amateurs.

me too, especially when r9 295x2 is just 1000$. people are hyped so much about maxwell but everybody knows journalists & big corporations. so it's better if consumers wait till tests of enthusiast amateurs.

Yes the hype confused me too for a while, they presented it like all previous generations of GPUs are obsolete now or something, guess it's not the case. Very hopeful that TW3 will perform just as great even after being an Nvidia title.

So Dragon Age Inquisition only needs Dx10 to run it while Tropico 5 or Crysis 3 need Dx11! That doesn't make any sense. Any way to make the games not detect the fact that my PC can't support Dx11??? At least until I buy a new video card. I want to play Shadow of Mordor.

Games that are written to require DX11 and not fall back to DX9 or 10 can't be made to run without DX11. DX11 is not just 11/10 different from DX10, it is fundamentally different and includes many important features that are difficult, expensive, or just plain impossible to emulate in the older versions.

Whether the game is written to require DX11 is the developer's decision, but few developers would attempt new first-class games in the older technology. Bummer, but Windows gaming is going to DX11 for good cruel technical reasons, and remaining users of older cards and Windows XP are going to get left behind more and more.

Having watched my little Core i3 outcrunch a Phenom II and an 8-core Bulldozer, I've pretty much made my last build with an AMD CPU.

One exception: If you're not going to be CPU-bound at all, and memory bandwidth, PCI-Express bandwidth, and cost are all very important, the 8-core FX's are a better bargain than Core i5's and Core i7's. But if you're going to do CPU-bound work, just forget AMD altogether. Even low-range Intel CPUs are superior to high-end AMDs.

What the fuck? I didn't know this.

IDK if is the right place to put this but is very very interesting. Im not worried about he said but a lot more about things nobodys is talking about...30FPS, yeah thats hurting for PC gamers, but thers a loooooot of things that console manufacturers tell to developers in terms of graphics and optimization to block on PC...i guess business is buisness.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ubisoft-engineer-says-microsoft-sony-pressuring-them-to-force-30fps-on-pc.html

Well it's not business, it's dirty stuff that Microsoft and Sony is famous for. Now they want to dump down PC experience in order to save their incapable "next gen" hardware from criticism. Fortunately CDPR can't be compared to Ubisoft so I say we are in safe hands as far as TW3 is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom