The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt opening cinematic at Golden Joystick Awards

+
So, what was the actual secret? Was there any? What's the solution to this puzzle?

Solution was trade social likes for a countdown timer . But that didnt work so we waited for a countdown timer and we wait again.

I mean release date was already decided.

So it was again announcement of announcement of annoucement !

:huh:

I'm definitely looking forward to this, I have no problem watching the intro early, its obviously going to be top quality visually - and it could be inferred Platige made their schedule hehe - but how good? Crazy action like TW2, or narrative this time, maybe one final flashback? And how long ? 4 mins TW2 is the bottomline, so double or triple even? Not a hint of whether we should bring popcorn, or cake to the premier ;)

Whatever else its like, 'tis hard to imagine anything less than setting the scene for the whole game with either a pivotal event, or a flashback, or a flashback during a pivotal event ;)

So, what was the actual secret? Was there any? What's the solution to this puzzle?

I didn't actually see a "the Trial ends here" post, so maybe its not over. Young Witchers these days *tsk* so impatient ;)

Attachments

• djdut.JPG
    djdut.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 30
It's pretty trippy when you watch the camera zoom in, almost looks concave and convex at the same time.

*cracks beer*

Hope my liver makes it to the debut.

Wait. No you're right there is something there behind the oval...

Some kind of crystal skull - a member of dinosauria aves unless I am much mistaken.

I honestly wouldn't mind if the cinematic was an hour long. I can't understand why some people hate cinematics, especially in games that are very heavily story-based. The longer the better I reckon.

I honestly wouldn't mind if the cinematic was an hour long. I can't understand why some people hate cinematics, especially in games that are very heavily story-based. The longer the better I reckon.
Because at the end of the day it's a game and not a movie. I don't mind lengthy cinematics but 1 hour!? No thanks.

@HellKnightX88
Then you wouldn't enjoy playing any Xenosaga game.Practically every cutscene in Xenosaga 2 is at least 15-30 minutes long with the opening cutscene being around 1 hour :)

OT:A one hour opening cutscene for The Witcher?Can't say no to that.

Edit:Maybe in the "enhanced" edition *daydreams*

Last edited:
I won't watch it, I have gone to great lengths to avoid everything I can about the third game, I want it to be a total and complete surprise.

Anyone else NOT going to watch the new trailer?

Apparently CD Projekt Red is going to reveal of the opening cinematic of The Witcher 3 this Friday. I'm just curious, is there anyone else out there who ISN'T going to watch it just because they want to see it for the first time when they finally get their hands on the game in February? Sometimes I like to avoid pre-release story stuff just so everything is new and exciting when I play a game for the first time.

Last edited:
If it's like The Witcher 2's opening CG in terms of story there won't be any spoilers, nor will there be a way to predict the story just from the trailer. But the trailer also supposedly "foreshadows" the story in The Witcher 3 according to the announcement, so maybe it would be a good idea to avoid a thread dedicated to watching the trailer frame-by-frame.

Last edited:
I don't think I'm going to resist waiting until February to watch it...

It's an intro cinematic, I don't think much will be spoiled.

Apparently CD Projekt Red is going to reveal of the opening cinematic of The Witcher 3 this Friday. I'm just curious, is there anyone else out there who ISN'T going to watch it just because they want to see it for the first time when they finally get their hands on the game in February? Sometimes I like to avoid pre-release story stuff just so everything is new and exciting when I play a game for the first time.
Might as well. No way I'd avoid it for 4 months with the places I regularly visit.

Also,

The Witcher 1 was of a big part of a short story and set up plot points in the game

The Witcher 2's was a prequel in the events

The Witcher 3 will probably also be a prequel and set up plot points

Last edited:

While i quite like long (>5 minute) cinematics, i guarantee you it won't be longer than 4 minutes, especially if it's CG since it costs a ton of money the longer it is. And i also gave you a Redpoint because of your second point, if you don't like cinematics you probably shouldn't be playing a story driven game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom