Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Witcher said it best. Some women like ugly men. Though I see plenty of fan art and such making him look better.

Loghain, even though I personally always kill him, is a man. A warrior and a champion. No doubt about that. I can see people liking him more than I could Dorian personally. Never did get the pretty boy attraction. I think men look best a little rugged or rough looking. Loghain may be ugly, but there can be no doubt he's a man.

I agree 100% and actually that was what I was currently writing :D

If I were a girl I would probably not like him for his looks but for his personality. Yeah, sure he does a lot of questionable stuff but when I recruited him he did the exact oposite of what I was expecting him to do. He understood that you were the better person and did not resent you for that but at the same time he managed to maintain his dignity by not being passive aggressive or hinting any further scheming. I think it takes a lot of character to be like that and because of that in the end I was definitely not his friend but I respected him nontheless and if you choose him he proves to be a better man than Alistair...but how old is Alistair? Maybe 22-24? Even so, he was the heir to the throne and should have acted less like a child at the landsmeet.

Indeed, though it took me a few moments to get used to the idea that Loghain had a fanbase myself, lol. But it made sense when I thought about it.

These women need help oh my god
Have you read The Stolen Throne? He was basically a romantic lead, of the bad boy sort whereas Maric was the pinup. A lot of women like bad boys. See, I look at Cullen who's now been prettified into beach boy looks and it just makes me yawn.

It's too bad about the Qunari being a goof because I had thought about rolling a Qunari female mage eventually. If that Blackwall guy isn't cool then she'll be celibate for the Qun.

Same reason why I like women like Morrigan and can't stand Leliana. I want a woman, not a girl. I can imagine a lot of women feel the same in reverse.

edit: Unless of course the only real woman around is disgusting like in DA 2. Then, you're fucked.

Last edited:
Have you read The Stolen Throne? He was basically a romantic lead, of the bad boy sort whereas Maric was the pinup. A lot of women like bad boys. See, I look at Cullen who's now been prettified into beach boy looks and it just makes me yawn.

I can understand the bad boy image being attractive but not for Loghain because he just isn't even remotely attractive in my eyes. I can't even begin to understand where the attraction comes from!
Cullen on the other hand is adorable and has all the features of the typical ~knight in shining armour~ so it's no wonder people love him. He is a more complex character than people give him credit for too, so it annoys me when people reduce him down to generic blonde pretty boy.

I can understand the bad boy image being attractive but not for Loghain because he just isn't even remotely attractive in my eyes. I can't even begin to understand where the attraction comes from!
Cullen on the other hand is adorable and has all the features of the typical ~knight in shining armour~ so it's no wonder people love him. He is a more complex character than people give him credit for too, so it annoys me when people reduce him down to generic blonde pretty boy.

...damn. Now even Ciri finds Cullen attractive.

I need to have a word with the people at Bioware.

I don't agree with fangirls, but saying they need help is rather insulting.

Also just because you find Loghain ugly doesn't others do as well. Many women that I've spoken with on BSN find him attractive, also roguish.

who wouldn't wanna get it on with Kain!?

Knight in shining armor is fine, but this dude is a fortysomething thirtysomething-year-old virgin? And looks like a less manly Jack Bauer, lol.

Some boyish charm is fine, but damn. Him being a boss, just isn't believable to me. Don't get me wrong, Cullen is a pretty dude, but there's more to being in my opinion anyway, a good-looking man then a good mug.

That's part of why I can barely take these Templars seriously. Literal white knights as in they actually have white armor, LOL, running around as a bunch of virgins, with all of their sexual frustration being put on the poor mages, lol... Is there any wonder why Carver actually joins up with them?

Cullen looks good and all, in a conventional Hollywood type away, but in all honesty, I would manhandle that bitch.

Last edited:
@Unkindled there really is no reason why he's so handsome. We don't really get much backstory on him so we don't know what he's been through.

I mean look at Jaime Lannister he's a believable handsome knight that can fuck people up.

@Princess_Ciri Loghain doesn't look good because of the engine I think. He would probably look really different if his hair could move or he had proper facial animation.

to me Loghain would look like this minus the blond hair and stuff. Would you find him attractive?

Cullen's got nothing on Lannister. It's true that we don't know his background that caused this transformation yet, but that's honestly not what I mean. I remember the way he used to be, and this transformation is so transparent as fanservice, that it's hard for me to buy. He'll always be someone to push around in my eyes. He just doesn't have the same presence as someone like Loghain or Ulfric Stormcloak does. Cullen is more on level with King Cailan, or something to me.

Put Cullen in a room with Loghain. Who would you take more seriously? Who wears the pants in that grouping.

...damn. Now even Ciri finds Cullen attractive.

I need to have a word with the people at Bioware.

Ciri is sacrificing small children to the wild hunt to try and bring Cullen into the Witcher universe.

Knight in shining armor is fine, but this dude is a fortysomething thirtysomething-year-old virgin? And looks like a less manly Jack Bauer, lol.

Some boyish charm is fine, but damn. Him being a boss, just isn't believable to me. Don't get me wrong, Cullen is a pretty dude, but there's more to being in my opinion anyway, a good-looking man then a good mug.

That's part of why I can barely take these Templars seriously. Literal white knights as in they actually have white armor, LOL, running around as a bunch of virgins, with all of their sexual frustration being put on the poor mages, lol... Is there any wonder why Carver actually joins up with them?

Cullen looks good and all, in a conventional Hollywood type away, but in all honesty, I would manhandle that bitch.

I think he's 30-something BUT firstly is he a confirmed virgin and secondly even if he was, there is a difference between being a virgin because of moral principles and being a virgin because you're ugly and a loser. Cullen is obviously hot enough to get it so I don't really care if he's a virgin.
I think Cullen definitely has more to him than just being pretty. When you play Dragon Age Origins he is a Templar but still treats the mages with respect and doesn't take advantage of them (like a lot of creepy gross templars do). Then in DA2 he is surrounded by mages doing blood magic and generally being evil and yet he still maintains the belief that not all mages are evil and even argues with Meredith that they shouldn't be using the Anulment against the mages because some of them are innocent. He stands up for the mages and remains a compassionate person even when others around him are putting pressure on him to simply kill all of the mages without thought. When you consider the shit he went through in Origins, and yet still he manages to keep his head, I think that's impressive.

The Templars listen to him (over Meredith by the end) and this pretty much shows he's a good leader that inspires respect, and he doesn't abuse it by hurting the mages, and instead he treats them well, despite the fact that most people by this point have turned into Fenris, hating mages no matter what.

I think Cullen shows more bravery and strength than someone like Loghain. Killing people and being an asshole doesn't make you a strong person, it just makes you a nasty piece of work. Cullen's bravery hasn't been shown by murdering people, but instead showing that even when his beliefs are questioned and the people in charge are telling him to do stuff, he listens to his moral compass and makes the right call, instead of buckling to pressure.
Maybe Loghain would beat Cullen in a sword fight or maybe he wouldn't, but I still think Cullen is the more interesting and commendable character.

But ok y'all can keep reducing him to boring pretty boy.

I didn't mean him being a virgin was negative because he can't get any, but because of the boyish air about him that he still has. It's in his presence. Whether he was a virgin or not is irrelevant really, as he still has that air about him.

Loghain killed with a purpose. He fucked up, and he did so big, but he did what he thought he had to do and wasn't afraid to do it. He didn't apologize for it and he stood by it. Loghain also proves his bravery as he was a hero in the war with the orlesians, and he, if you let him live anyway, proves his bravery again against the dark spawn. Loghain's not just some mindless evil killer, he's a champion and true warrior.

This is BS, all stuff is already in game. Please (not you specificly) don't try so hard make this game look bad. Its stupid.

I don't know what you mean by it's in game when they said you have to pay to get it. Also, you'll see I try and defend something when I think it's worth defending, if you look back a few pages. Mainly because I like debating, lol. I don't have any sort of agenda or whatever with bioware where I would want to try and make this game look bad. I don't want this game to be bad. I don't think anyone does. I see things, and I react to it accordingly by giving my opinion on it. I know you said not aimed to me specifically. But you did quote me, so I feel that I must comment.

And I'll comment by saying this is bullshit. Day one dlc is annoying as fuck, and I don't give a damn what people say about it. I think it's shit, and I'm tired of it.

Edit: I liked Mass Effect three. Hated the day one fucking dlc.

edit edit: Not day one dlc, but whatever. Content exclusive for some special edition. It's annoying, I think it's stupid, but I'm not buying it so whatever. I thought it was stupid with Witcher 3 as well, the way they cut off stuff from system to system. And it is. All I care about is the game though, so I'm not gonna spend much time yelling over it.

That goes for DA: I as well. It's dumb. It's shit. And I'm not paying for it. Moving on.

Last edited:
Cullen's got nothing on Lannister. It's true that we don't know his background that caused this transformation yet, but that's honestly not what I mean. I remember the way he used to be, and this transformation is so transparent as fanservice, that it's hard for me to buy. He'll always be someone to push around in my eyes. He just doesn't have the same presence as someone like Loghain or Ulfric Stormcloak does. Cullen is more on level with King Cailan, or something to me.

Put Cullen in a room with Loghain. Who would you take more seriously? Who wears the pants in that grouping.
I never got the Cullen attraction, to me he was just a creepy stalker who doesn't think mages are people and went batshit in one of my epilogues. But the fanservice transformation (which was already happening in DA2) is the really annoying thing. Like with Jacob- Bioware trying way too hard.

Not saying others can't like him, to each her own and all that. He just does nothing for me.

I didn't mean him being a virgin was negative because he can't get any, but because of the boyish air about him that he still has. It's in his presence. Whether he was a virgin or not is irrelevant really, as he still has that air about him.

Loghain killed with a purpose. He fucked up, and he did so big, but he did what he thought he had to do and wasn't afraid to do it. He didn't apologize for it and he stood by it. Loghain also proves his bravery as he was a hero in the war with the orlesians, and he, if you let him live anyway, proves his bravery again against the dark spawn. Loghain's not just some mindless evil killer, he's a champion and true warrior.

I think the boyishness about him is cute. It's not a bad thing in my eyes. Being innocent (even at age 30) is not necessarily a problem.

Killing with purpose doesn't matter if you're a traitorous murderer! His thirst for power and disregard for others is what led him to his death (in my game) and because of this I don't see him as a champion or a warrior, just a power hungry tyrant.

So Cullen being nothing like Loghain is a positive, imo.

I never got the Cullen attraction, to me he was just a creepy stalker who doesn't think mages are people and went batshit in one of my epilogues. But the fanservice transformation (which was already happening in DA2) is the really annoying thing. Like with Jacob- Bioware trying way too hard.

Not saying others can't like him, to each her own and all that. He just does nothing for me.

I don't really think he was a stalker though? Like he doesn't actually follow you anywhere and only talks to you if you engage with him first. And even then if you flirt with him he literally runs away lmaoo
But in DA2 he clearly does view them as people because he protests against Meredith to save the lives of the mages in the circle.

The fanservice transformation is just an added bonus for me, because I've found his character endearing even when he had weird noodle hair....

He says and I quote, "mages aren't people like you and me."

As for being a stalker, I mean he's obsessed with Amell/Surana, which he admits when you return to the Tower. And it's pretty clear from what he says there that he'd run a sword through her if he could. I don't mean the innuendo sword, either. The writer even said at the time that a Cullen romance would be "short and violent." But that was before they needed someone to replace Alistair.

I don't know if he'll necessarily be the 40 year-old virgin, though. They've backpedaled on the idea that templars are celibate.

Logain wasn't power seeking for himself, he seized power because he saw multiple mortal threats to Ferelden. He had done this several times before, saving the kingdom when Maric was out to lunch, so there was a pattern already.

Your understanding of Loghain is simplistic, to say the least.

Anyways, while I do think Cullen's mental instability was heavily downplayed for fanservice, I don't particularly care about that. What I find unconvincing is him being supposedly qualified to be a military adviser.

Killing with purpose doesn't matter if you're a traitorous murderer! His thirst for power and disregard for others is what led him to his death (in my game) and because of this I don't see him as a champion or a warrior, just a power hungry tyrant.

Then you obviously paid no bloody attention to him at all, what he says, what he's done and what everyone else says about him including people Eamon.

Power hungry? No. He wanted to save Fereldan from an incompetent idiotic king in the form of Cailan, and Alistair is no better at that which he himself states openly, that this caused the deaths of thousands of soldiers was regrettable but it happened since Loghain still loved Cailan for all his faults.

Top Bottom