Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
She must be a Qunari fan, lol.

Anyway, I hate her outfit, but I'll get over it if she turns out to be interesting, which it seems like she might be. Having Maleficent as your mage in the party isn't exactly a bad thing, lol. Pretty cool actually, if she turns out to lean on the evil side.

Which appoach is better is certainly up for debate. But the awesome thing about origin stories was that it made you think, what approach would a person that grew up in certain conditions, being surrounded by certain people would take in situations they find themselves in thoughout the game. If there is no backstory included whatsoever, it takes all that away, leaving you with a pretty much blank Skyrim type of charater. Which is fine, because you can create a backstory all by yourself. I'm just not sure that's what I want to see in BW game, since there pretty much always was some kind of backstory available for your character. Even if it was a short Mass Effect stlyle one.

Exactly. I hope this wasn't another decision based on Skyrim, because TES is completely different. They can get away with this (even though I'd rather it change) because it's a sandbox game, whereas DA is more story based. You can't just take away shit like that that's been in the series already.

But which approach is better doesn't even matter, because again, Origins had both. Unless someone wants to bring up Skyrim vs Origins, which I'd again say they're two different experiences, though I'll always vote for having some sort of origin story in TES as well. It's just that TES can get away with it because it's sandbox, and also because they've never had them before.

Still little bit skeptical about this game, don't know if it will be as nearly good as Origins or bad like DA2.

I think the embargo will be lifted on the 11th of November so reviews and YouTuber impressions should be plenty before launch day.

Either way, I don't think it will be a fail like DA2. If it's as good as DA:O I'll be happy.

I think the embargo will be lifted on the 11th of November so reviews and YouTuber impressions should be plenty before launch day.

Either way, I don't think it will be a fail like DA2. If it's as good as DA:O I'll be happy.

Still better safe than sorry. still don't know, either be skeptical and proven wrong or same with optimism (which I have few grains for Bioware these days).

I think that's pretty much impossible, given the time and money they have invested in this game. As far as I am concerned, the question is more whether it's going to be a decent but flawed game, and hence a bargain bin purchase, or a great, must-have title that's worth full price.
Personally, I'll be waiting until late january or even february before deciding to buy it or not. With my backlog of games, it's probably going to be late 2015 before I play it. It would be jolly nice if I have a great RPG for the winter holiday 2015-16 :)

The companions in Dragon Age Inquisition look a lot more well-rounded compared to the ones in Dragon Age 2, and I think that will make a massive difference. The problems with DA2 wouldn't have been so bad if you'd been given the chance to interact more with Hawke's companions. Only being able to speak to them when they have quests is really stupid. At least they're not doing that for Inquisition.

I think that's pretty much impossible, given the time and money they have invested in this game.

After Destiny, time and money don't mean a damn thing anymore. Mainly money since a lot of games that took years and years to make came out sucking Zoltan's feet as well.

Cheer up!!! Vivienne has a funny hat, Dorian has a sexy moustache, Cullen is a crack lyrium addict, and Varric has a lot of chest hair. I have concluded using my powerful physics skills that the combination of these things mean that Dragon Age Inquisition will be great.

Got done with the Circle and just realized that the head abomination guy Ulfred or whatever shares the same voice actor with Dean from Fallout New Vegas. Love it. I think I'm one of the few people that actually liked the Fade. Its fun being alone.

Got done with the Circle and just realized that the head abomination guy Ulfred or whatever shares the same voice actor with Dean from Fallout New Vegas. Love it. I think I'm one of the few people that actually liked the Fade. Its fun being alone.
Yep, that's him.

I disliked all the backtracking in the Fade.

About the comparison to Origins video, it looked pretty boring and I can't stand the cartoony combat, though it's definitely pretty. I'll wait and see what other reviews say which go through more of the game. I didn't like that it sounded like the fetch quests weren't optional and you didn't have different ways of resolving them.

I don't know. Any style Origins had seems gone. It's pretty smarmy and I get the sense the writers want us to fall in love with character quirks more than anything else.

Vivienne's outfit is obnoxiously stupid. I'm not so sure I can get over that. Orlesians, in general, would probably annoy me in varying measures : / .

And I wouldn't count on Inquisition being as good as Origins. Seems all people can realistically hope for is that it's at least better than DA2.

It's pretty smarmy and I get the sense the writers want us to fall in love with character quirks more than anything else.

Which is why I actually quite liked Wynne and Aveline.

Ok Origin, you go too far with your idiotic polls.
I respect it when Bioware-fans dont want to create shitstorm between Witcher and Dragon Age but why EA is now begging for blood from his nose? By provoking a shitsorm that does never lead to anywhere.

Witch vs Witcher

Last edited:
Top Bottom