Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Google translate version, from link to marcins post on the other page. I guess wait and see.

'Niestety w tym wypadku kompresja okropnie dała nam się we znaki. Chciałem wszystkich zapewnić, że pracujemy nad nową wersją zwiastuna, którą udostępnimy na naszym kanale tak szybko, jak będzie to możliwe. Będzie ona oczywiście w dużo wyższej jakości. Po raz kolejny chciałem Was zapewnić, że nie ma mowy o żadnym downgradzie. '

'Unfortunately, in this case, compression gave us a terrible toll. I wanted to assure you that we are working on a new version herald that We will provide our channel as soon as possible. It will, of course, much higher quality. Once again, I wanted to assure you that there is no question of any downgradzie.'

Last edited:
It's so suprising how much it can be written and most of it about nothing - I know many or you are wirying how it will look. but that concern was mentioned on first page. Now we have got 297 replies withou single word from devs ... sorry, but now I don't understand. You can express similar worries by "thank you" or "red point", but not with fighting about one video from youtube with doubtful quality.

Please, let the other side respond and explain it, 30 another pages are not necessary.
Check page a page or two. Marcin made a statement on the polish forums

Then let me phrase the obvious question: Has the marketing team lost their minds to not show us PC footage on the highest settings?
The famitsu screenshots looked like a vast improvement over the 35 min demo and that was apparently PS4. I think CDPR's marketing department is pretty weird and seems like it always has been. Maybe they have some sort of view of "Oh well, when the game is actually out they'll know they were wrong" or it's some sick troll or they really did downgrade it. Or they just seem not to care much about marketing.

Seriously, the only time The Witcher 2 actually looked like it does in the final build is the launch trailer. That's really kinda odd.

Last edited:
Then let me phrase the obvious question: Has the marketing team lost their minds to not show us PC footage on the highest settings?

The 30 min. gameplay is from max PC. But the optimized version from Famitsu is much better with lighting, hair and color. We're only seen improvements in screenshot but not actual gameplay. If the PS4 screenshot is that improved, then I think the PC version should be even better. I'm more inclined to believe that and Marcin's "play everyday and it looks stunning" than a trailer that's not even real gameplay footage with weird POVs and bad YT compression.

Marcin answer from: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...e-new-trailer-released!?p=1478021#post1478021

I believe some explanation is required here. Unfortunately this time we've encountered some horrible YouTube compression problems. At this very moment we are working on fixing this and will upload another version of the trailer as soon as we can. It will present much higher quality. I want to assure you that there will be no downgrade - I see this game every day - it looks stunning.

Not sure which one you meant, but I think joaty quoted post, you've mentioned - after that I am even more suprised by number of replies, when he clearly said they have to release another ver.
Yeah, that one. He didn't make that post till somewhat recently. People are still skeptical. I'm wondering if it's just LESS compressed or if it's totally redone

Finally, someone asking for sensible discussion. Let's be reasonable here, stop with all the disproportionate anger, and maybe the developers will respond when people stop acting like they want their heads.
Though I think they did reply in a polish thread but whatever.

Not sure which one you meant, but I think joaty quoted post, you've mentioned - after that I am even more suprised by number of replies, when he clearly said they have to release another ver.

Another version of what?
A version that hasnt been ruined by YT, which apparently no one believes or are they making/rediting another version?

[h=1]The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Launch Trailer[/h]

:rofl:

It's more that the trailer was lifted from The Game Awards stream, with all the horrible compression a stream entails.

but not with fighting about one video from youtube with doubtful quality.

Their claim that compression screwed them over is complete BS.

I'm a YT-er. I've worked on the site for several years now dealing with the fact that YT degrades the quality of your vids when you upload there and also having to deal with various rendering programs like Sony Vegas or Adobe.

The issues that come from compression are not present in this vid, besides general YT issues of artefacting, but we see that in Sword of Destiny and the VGX trailer. Compression wise I'd say they did a good job on the trailer.

So Marcin's talking out of his ass.

I'm a YT-er. I've worked on the site for several years now dealing with the fact that YT degrades the quality of your vids when you upload there and also having to deal with various rendering programs like Sony Vegas or Adobe.

The issues that come from compression are not present in this vid, besides general YT issues of artefacting, but we see that in Sword of Destiny and the VGX trailer. Compression wise I'd say they did a good job on the trailer.

The trailer size is pretty small. It's like 45MB at 1080p. I think there are issues there other than compression but I think compression is partially an issue.

How about we wait on the new version before calling BS?

Ok, but what about this?

Again issue with artefacting that they've had in every trailer. Also that Wraith still looks considerably worse then in the VGX trailer.

How about we wait on the new version before calling BS?

Compression cannot account for lower texture quality, lower shadow quality and worse effects.

Now a reasonable explanation is that they didn't use higher settings for the game while recording the footage. That's a reasonable one, though it makes their marketing team look like fools.

Last edited:
Another version of what?
A version that hasnt been ruined by YT, which apparently no one believes or are they making/rediting another version?
When you are so sure, there is no help for you. If you already know how bad game is/will be, your comments won't help it.

But I believe there are ways how to ruin video, when you are uploading it/modifying/compressing. Even when it was recorded, they could act too quickly and put there unfinished parts.

Whatever ... there is always enough time to start blaiming someone, especially when youd didn't see new video and you don't know pretty much anything about that. Just one video showed up and big hysteria came.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom