Monsters in The Witcher 3

+
Having people suddenly transmogrifying on you in the middle of combat can be a jarring experience to say the least. With the old legends of werewolves usually having people shift at night, or times of the month uncontrollably; turning into ravenous monsters that only crave the flesh of their fellow men. However when happening upon these monsters they will most likely have already changed. Depriving us of that "wow" factor you get when shit gets way worst for you in a fight. Now werebears on the other hand have a different legend about them. They are warriors "blessed" with the ability to change into monsters by Odin himself whenever the need arises. Resulting in a sort of "upgraded" werewolf that isn't changed because of circumstance, but because its a focused warrior that needs a little bit more aid in tearing your head off.

werecat sounds even greater

It is an idea I was wondering about for a while now.

Especially since a concept art called "Berserker Shrine" came out:

Dominant bear motifs, in a place that resembles Skellige quite a lot (a place with heavy influence from norse mythos). So who knows, we might encounter a cult of shapeshifting, bear diety worshiping, people in W3.
Of course this is all speculation on my part.

We also have this guy over here:

This is obviously no ordinary bear, so I'm curious to see the lore behind it. What made it so large? Is it supernatural or just some freak of nature?

Last edited:
It is an idea I was wondering about for a while now.

Especially since a concept art called "Berserker Shrine" came out:

Dominant bear motifs, in a place that resembles Skellige quite a lot (a place with heavy influence from norse mythos). So who knows, we might encounter a cult of shapeshifting, bear diety worshiping, people in W3.
Of course this is all speculation on my part.

This is obviously no ordinary bear, so I'm curious to see the lore behind it. What made it so large? Is it supernatural or just some freak of nature?

That would be nice if that was a shape shifting bear, or other magic creature, but you don't need magic for a bear to be horrifying.

View attachment 9166

Attachments

• brown-bear-1024x768.jpg
    brown-bear-1024x768.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 107
A fantasy of modern authors. Traditional běs looks like imp. But as bieses old Pagan gods can be called. This creature can be an (ex-)idol of some people.
This huge hairy beast is more similar to Ukrainian chuhaister (чугайстер), but he is kind and hunts undead.
Or ancybal (Antichrist + devil / diable = antible) - swamp devil.

Interestingly Geralt is drawing his steel sword and not silver sword in this screenshot, so I guess the bear is not the result of magic then? As I recall, in TW1 steel sword is for normal wolves and silver for werewolves.

Interestingly Geralt is drawing his steel sword and not silver sword in this screenshot, so I guess the bear is not the result of magic then? As I recall, in TW1 steel sword is for normal wolves and silver for werewolves.

Theoretically, you're right.
But they screwed it up a few times in the cinematics of earlier games, and even more in trailers, so it may not be a valid conclusion.

but that's really.... cool?

I love CDPR's attention to details, lol. That's how things work in real life - male animals have penises and females 'that' other thing :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see the dick, must be a really small dick
EDIT:also this confirm that the griffin is a pre- conference monster, if he has a similar dick design to ours, it means he has some ancestor in common with us, and to so happen he must come from the same world

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom