You are our last hope, CD Project Red!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

MowMow

Forum regular
You are our last hope, CD Project Red!

Greetings, CDPR developers, Nekkers and Salamandras!

As many of you are surely aware, the modern RPG titles all have one thing in common: they are unpolished and on the technical standard of beta versions. The downfall of the Gothic franchise with Gothic 3 marks the start of this era, driven by producers who want to sell something, even though it's not a finished work.
This is a common symptom in many, many projects, and even goes far beyond the genre, or rather beyond the games market.
Be it Risen, where the content and quality thins out after 10 hours of gameplay, Divinity:OS which is totally unbalanced, or the newest star on the list of failed RPGs: Raven's Cry, they all had/have the potential to be awesome, blockbuster selling games.
The general problem is, they were being released too early, or the money ran short at the end of the developement - leading to half assed attempts to make an ambitious game.

While this problem is due to economical reasons, there is almost no learning effect! Almost every time a new RPG is launched, you'll have to wait for like 10 patches until the major bug/balance/ or other issues are being adressed.

The Witcher 3 must not, under any circumstances, follow the footsteps of all those semi-failed games! You have a reputation to lose! You have a fanbase to please, you have to save a genre which is dying on the inside!

I guess there already is enough pressure on you, but for fucks sake, don't throw this game out before it's finished, polished and every single one of the staff/testers has given his blessings.
I'd rather wait for another 5 years and have the best RPG of all times, than seeing the sheer endless potential of this franchise and of your skills going to waste.
This is the only rational point of view, and even if 50k people cancel their pre order, launch a shitstorm on you etc, if you success in turning this into a legend, it won't even matter.

So please, do not repeat the mistakes of the past, but rather make yourself immortal with this game. Of all the great companies that could have done it, you're pobably the closest to achieving it. You can into do this!

Respectfully,
some dude who's sick of playing RPGs that are crap because of plainly obvious reasons.

PS: Promote the guy that made the FCR Mods, that man is a genius. No srsly get him whatever he desires.
PPS: Also promote the guy who did this forum, this is the real shit!

Last edited:
Greetings, CDPR developers, Nekkers and Salamandras!

Dammit, this introduction thrills me... such comparison level.... brrrrrrr

I guess there already is enough pressure on you, but for fucks sake, don't throw this game out before it's finished, polished and every single one of the staff/testers has given his blessings.

Well they did delay the game (2x) for ~ 7 to 9 months to polish and optimize the game. It was originally intended to be released in late 2014, but they decided not to.
The Game will be released after 2 years and three months since the announcement, but the game is probably already in development since Witcher 2 got released. That will be 3-4 years development time, which is more than most developers use.

ps. it's not just rpgs being released unfinished ;)

Last edited:
Destiny : empty husk/false advertisement.
DA:I : generic RPG filled witch fetch quests.
AC Unity : not even a game.
And tons of more...
That's the gaming industry that CDPR must crush. But we all know tons of gamers have very bad tastes and The Witcher will not have the impact it deserves having on gaming industry. A lot of players are waiting for Destiny 2 and Assassin's Creed in London, nervermind the actual sh*tty games they paid for.

AC Unity isn't even worth mentioning lol. It's not even a game, u're right.. oh wait! It's rather a movie since "24FPS gives a more cinematic feel to the game" as they stated. :p xD. And yeah, now they are hyped for the next broken game in line that will crash on them in London this time :D

not a comparison, but it's my first time on these forums, who knows what lurks in the dephts...

I'm a cat, I'm always lurking.
Nekkers are monster and Salamadras are killers... so... why CDPR are in this group in your intro? That detail disturbs me.

That said, I don't put my hopes in one company for making them my saviours. When one of them make a game which don't satisfy me fo any reason, look for another game. it's so easy.

I'm a cat, I'm always lurking.
Nekkers are monster and Salamadras are killers... so... why CDPR are in this group in your intro? That detail disturbs me.

That said, I don't put my hopes in one company for making them my saviours. When one of them make a game which don't satisfy me fo any reason, look for another game. it's so easy.

There certainly are things about my post which i'm dead serious about, but some just aren't.

Since 2011 there wasn't a single decent RPG worth playing (IMHO). Only rehashed, generic, boring, mediocre (at beast) titles. There were a few old-school RPGs, that were quite good, but the 90's are behind us, and I, personally, don't find those old-school games appealing. So, yes, I agree with OP - CDPR is our last, best and only hope for a true RPG, with interesting and compelling story, next-gen graphics and excellent gameplay.
In CDPR we trust.

The Witcher 3 must not, under any circumstances, follow the footsteps of all those semi-failed games! You have a reputation to lose!
Which reputation? Both W1 and W2 were full of bugs and glitches and even balance problems at release...

"Oh, you damn nostalgia" I guess. ;)

And btw, Divinity: Original Sin is far from being "completely unbalanced" imo...

---------- Updated at 09:10 PM ----------

There were a few old-school RPGs, that were quite good, but the 90's are behind us, and I, personally, don't find those old-school games appealing.
The 2000's are also behind us (Gothic, Morrowind,...). While I do respect your personal preferences you shouldn't try to objectify your own subjective opinion. ;)

Last edited:
Which reputation? Both W1 and W2 were full of bugs and glitches and even balance problems at release...

"Oh, you damn nostalgia" I guess. ;)

And btw, Divinity: Original Sin is far from being "completely unbalanced" imo...

Bugs and glitches which were fixed with the following patches and free-of-charge Extended Editions. Anyhow, there were no game-breaking bugs in either W1 and W2, IIRC. And which games exactly didn't have bugs on the release in the past 10 years? Nostalgia? Yes, indeed. I, personally, am very nostalgic for a time when RPG fans weren't treated as a 3rd class citizens in the gaming industry.

---------- Updated at 08:19 PM ----------

---------- Updated at 09:10 PM ----------

The 2000's are also behind us (Gothic, Morrowind,...). While I do respect your personal preferences you shouldn't try to objectify your own subjective opinion. ;)

That's why I wrote - "personally" - meaning, it's my own, personal, opinion. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom