Witcher 3 Gameplay from GDC and PAX

+
I still prefer Geralt's walk and jog animations from the 35 min build. I feel his run animation at the time felt more fluid. He also walked like a boss, plus he looked around when he did, as if surveying the area keeping in line with his observant nature from the books.
This game still looks like pure sex though

It has been shown while promoting Xbox One and according to the graphical quality of the gdc vid it only can be console version or pc to console setting. At least I think.

@Finnway

I dont feel I've been lied to, never said that, im just saying what i've been saying, the grass looks worse than in trailers and screenshots, for whatever reason that is, im not attacking the game nor the developers.

If you've put attention, then you saw I gave a red point to sid because of that comment, because he is right, and 3D grass has NOTHING to do with my point, i neve even mentioned 3D grass or complained about 2D grass before, dont group me with the different complains of others. TW3's grass in screenshots and trailers (except elder blood) is not 3D either, and i never expected 3D, its unrealistically crazy.

@Red0oG possibly, its not that important honestly, im just curious about the difference, the grass is fine enough to me in all footage of the game in terms of enjoying the experience.

@Polistiren

im lazy to take caps from the gameplay vids, but there it surely doesnt look close to this:

View attachment 11004

Im not saying it was downgraded or that the game looks bad or anything like that, so dont assume it, but its like I said to the other user, a curious difference, that in my personal opinion looks worse, and seems to be less detailed.

Attachments

• TW3137.jpg
    TW3137.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 51
I suppose it is :) On the other hand, Shadowrun DF had a bit of grass, so why not be optimistic?

Well... grass usually does make me optimistic, so i'll give it a try ;)

btw since in the video the grass graphic has breadth and height, though no depth... since it has movement over time, it kinda is 3 dimensional !

So I'm reading everywhere it's xbone, which if true is pretty impressive. I see some Red Dead influence in the game overall. Also, whoever does the lighting in this game, give that person a raise. I don't think I've seen it done better.

@Finnway

I dont feel I've been lied to, never said that, im just saying what i've been saying, the grass looks worse than in trailers and screenshots, for whatever reason that is, im not attacking the game nor the developers.

If you've put attention, then you saw I gave a red point to sid because of that comment, because he is right, and 3D grass has NOTHING to do with my point, i neve even mentioned 3D grass or complained about 2D grass before, dont group me with the different complains of others. TW3's grass in screenshots and trailers (except elder blood) is not 3D either, and i never expected 3D, its unrealistically crazy.

@Red0oG possibly, its not that important honestly, im just curious about the difference, the grass is fine enough to me in all footage of the game in terms of enjoying the experience.

@Polistiren

im lazy to take caps from the gameplay vids, but there it surely doesnt look close to this:

View attachment 11004

Im not saying it was downgraded or that the game looks bad or anything like that, so dont assume it, but its like I said to the other user, a curious difference, that in my personal opinion looks worse, and seems to be less detailed.

Yeah the 3D grass was my comment, and I know I cannot expect that in a game, but I tried to explain why it looked so fake. And after watching it again, I realized it's not really the flatness, it's the way the grass moves. Even the two guys in the cave have grass that is moving like there is a hurricane, which makes it look really silly. And on top of that it's also placed under the surface, which makes it look like shark fins.

Comparison: Arma 3 grass.

And yes, I know it's 2D grass in that picture too, like I said thats not the problem. The problem is that it stands out from the rest of the game as unrealistic/weird.

One thing I noticed is when the beast rams Geralt from the front, he staggers forward. Same thing in previous gameplays, when Geralt gets hit from one side he staggers in that direction instead of in the opposite direction.

So I'm reading everywhere it's xbone, which if true is pretty impressive. I see some Red Dead influence in the game overall. Also, whoever does the lighting in this game, give that person a raise. I don't think I've seen it done better.

I don't know why people keep saying this. The hairworks is runing in the demo, it's especialy apparent on the slow-mo wolves but the wyvern too. This is PC for sure.

I don't know why people keep saying this. The hairworks is runing in the demo, it's especialy apparent on the slow-mo wolves but the wyvern too. This is PC for sure.
Because comments sections are gradually becoming more and more obsessed with graphics that they're at a point of complete speculation, and inventing up things that suggest the final product will look significantly better.

No offense, slimgrin. Not aimed at you. And if someone will show a source that says this is XBox, I'll eat my own words. But I'm pretty sure that most of this conviction is baseless.

Unless it's stated otherwise, I watch every footage under the understanding that it's PC and on the best settings. Besides me thinking that this is reasonable, it's also a way of taming my own expectations (yes, I know Damien said ultra isn't shown yet).

Last edited:
Because comments sections are gradually becoming more and more obsessed with graphics that they're at a point of complete speculation, and inventing up things that suggest the final product will look significantly better.

No offense, slimgrin. Not aimed at you. And if someone will show a source that says this is XBox, I'll eat my own words. But I'm pretty sure that most of this conviction is baseless.

Yep, its been the exact same song and dance everytime new footage of this game has been released. After 4 or 5 of these trailers and gameplay demos you'd think they would have caught on by now...

Top Bottom