Witcher 3 Gameplay from GDC and PAX

+
Bloody rude.

Perhaps you should do a better job of being a community manager, engaging with the community more and helping to alleviate their concerns, instead of being a jackass and criticizing how people react to your poorly thought-out PR.

"Let's show footage on X console with Y settings, then show a different console and settings the next time around, then become obvlious to why people question the graphical fidelity".

Na... I don't think he's being rude, I think he's having fun and besides it's no more rude then some of the asshole fans that do talk shit without knowing the facts ;)

Video is fantastic...Visuals, animations, combat, everything...And it will be even better in May, I am convinced...

Witcher senses, though...I would like to know more about it...
Just press key and everything is revealed? Just follow red dots to new quest marker? Is this how they always work?

ughhhhhhhhh.
People always find something to complain about huh? this is ridiculous.

I'm not complaining about that beacuse it is my favourite sport.
I'm complaining about that because quest design is for me the most important part in an RPG, because I care about this series, and because I think that put an arrow that shows you the right direction when you have already the witcher senses (which are already on binary) has no sense at all.

It's a work-in-progress build that they're showing to press/public - i.e. people that have just seen the game for the first time and don't know the controls. There's a very high chance this element will not be in the final game, or, if it is, players will most likely be able to toggle it on/off.

I hope you're right.

Witcher senses, though...I would like to know more about it...
Just press key and everything is revealed? Just follow red dots to new quest marker? Is this how they always work?
I agree. Exploring and investigating the environment to find clues doesn't seem like a high priority in TW3. It seems like that just want to throw you into the action.

"Follow your quest track here."
"Activate Witcher senses to finish quest."
"Return to town and collect your reward."

Bloody rude.

Perhaps you should do a better job of being a community manager, engaging with the community more and helping to alleviate their concerns, instead of being a jackass and criticizing how people react to your poorly thought-out PR.

"Let's show footage on X console with Y settings, then show a different console and settings the next time around, then become obvlious to why people question the graphical fidelity".

Chris is right imo.

BTW: we cant tell if there is downgrade, if we haven't seen ULTRA settings, cuz it doesnt make any sense.

Last edited:
if reds want to dismiss all downgrade

post one pic from vgx or sod trailer and seccond from actual game from the same place
this will be enough

all you can do is mock fans and b-but this is not ultra wait for slap in the face at premiere

downgrade is fact

if not why there is not a singe footage that is similair in quality to sod od vgx

Last edited:
Never complained about the grass myself, but tbh other than Geralt it will be the thing you are staring at the most in this game. People have spent so much time in the last several years perfecting water they forgot we are terrestrial animals. Everything in the game looks so great, people will quibble over the smallest thing.

These are the things fans worry about. We already know everything else will be incredible. I love the little details...like the tattoos on the guy in the village

Last edited:
Never complained about the grass myself, but tbh other than Geralt it will be the thing you are staring at the most in this game. People have spent so much time in the last several years perfecting water they forgot we are terrestrial animals. Everything in the game looks so great, people will quibble over the smallest thing.

These are the things fans worry about. We already know everything else will be incredible.

This is true.
Peopel are complaining about grass because there is not really anything else you could complain about

If that's a reference to me, I think that's quite unfair. I've been told by staff, moderators and other forum members to effectively shove off because I have a difference of opinion. I've never been rude unless, as is the case here, rudeness is shown to me first. I don't respond well to it, sadly.

Quite clearly I know very little about the game apart from what's been shown. But my opinion based on what has been shown is that something very odd is going on behind-the-scenes. Graphics do not match up with earlier footage, inconsistent footage when it comes to settings and platform...they won't even show ultra settings which is such an unusual route to take for a games developer. Something doesn't add up....
I don't know who has been rude to you, and I apologize if anyone has.

I can see where you might feel that the game has been downgraded. But in my opinion it's obvious they had to make sacrifices in some areas to make other parts of the game look better. For example, the ground and wall textures aren't much better looking than they were in The Witcher 2. But the character models and the outdoor lighting are simply astounding.

And if the behavior of other forumites bothers you so much than maybe you shouldn't come on here. After all, if their attitude bothers you so much you decide not the play The Witcher 3 the only person who misses out on anything is you (you miss out on a really great game.)

Guest 3790055

That looks way to nice for Xbox One, no? Or am i missing something?

If that's a reference to me, I think that's quite unfair. I've been told by staff, moderators and other forum members to effectively shove off because I have a difference of opinion. I've never been rude unless, as is the case here, rudeness is shown to me first. I don't respond well to it, sadly.

Quite clearly I know very little about the game apart from what's been shown. But my opinion based on what has been shown is that something very odd is going on behind-the-scenes. Graphics do not match up with earlier footage, inconsistent footage when it comes to settings and platform...they won't even show ultra settings which is such an unusual route to take for a games developer. Something doesn't add up....

That said, I *want* to love this game...but I find CDPR's arrogance to be quite honestly, disturbing and off-putting.
No bro, what I said was not a cheap shot at you. I mean just assole fans in general, also I didn't find them arrogant, I think they are really proud of their hard work. They made this game, have worked hard on it for years and soon the whole world gets to try it out and play it. The world is full of all kinds of people smart,stupid,assholes,kind,loving,proud, you name it, and soon if they buy it they are all free too play it. No worries mate, Hugs!! ;)

Last edited:
I already decided not to purchase the game after they locked down the downgrade thread. I won't condone censorship.
Well if you already decided not to purchase than why do you continue to post here and complain? You're just poisoning the well with your negative attitude. An attitude which is based on an assertion --the graphics have been downgraded-- which you cannot prove.

Attachments

• the-witcher-3-gdc-2015-gameplay_azre.640.jpg
    the-witcher-3-gdc-2015-gameplay_azre.640.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 66
  • dragon_age_inquisition_02.jpg
    dragon_age_inquisition_02.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 35
  • the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_32.jpg
    the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_32.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 39
I already decided not to purchase the game after they locked down the downgrade thread. I won't condone censorship.

After 3k+ posts? And after they started recycling old things from the thread itself? No, it was not censorship, it was getting rid of spam.

I'd recommend people be at 'least wary of this game but, quite frankly, no one would listen.

Everyone is tired of being weary of this game by now, especially when grass is the thing that is making people not buy the goddamn game, it gets on your nerves after a while.

they locked down that thread after what? 200 pages?
Because it was just a circle-jerk of Downgrade yay and nay sayers(my english is off the charts lol) and it did not produce anything productive anymore, as it was the case with the first couple of pages of that thread

Top Bottom