Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope dies last...

It finally died now. What a pity that such a great game is dragged down by such an incredibly stupid decision. :(

Some combination of "imprecise" and "indirect" probably.

I'm guessing it is due to the lack of time that there will be only one kind of UI.
As for M&K, I will be surprised if it won't be at least as precise as gamepads. M&K is (IMO) by far the most precise controlling device for such games. I would be relaxed if I were you;)

I'm guessing it is due to the lack of time that there will be only one kind of UI.
As for M&K, I will be surprised if it won't be at least as precise as gamepads. M&K is (IMO) by far the most precise controlling device for such games. I would be relaxed if I were you;)
Lack of time??? After a delay of several months? Yeah, probably...

And no, I'm not relaxed. The UI looks tedious and uninspired for M/K use (AND for controller use as well) and mouse/keyboard controls were far from perfect in TW2, especially at release. Don't get me wrong but good controls and input comfort are extremely important for me in video games. It's the ONE thing a game HAS to do right. It's probably the most important thing in video games after all if you ask me.

So I have seen some new screens in the polish forums, and there are still semi-volumetric clouds by the mountains.. I really want to believe that's definitely the proof that they are going to be in the final game :).. and BTW- nice looking screens :)

Yea I just saw that screenshot on NeoGAF. Semi-Volumetric Clouds still obviously in the game.

So who do I get to say, "I told you so" to?

So I have seen some new screens in the polish forums, and there are still semi-volumetric clouds by the mountains.. I really want to believe that's definitely the proof that they are going to be in the final game :).. and BTW- nice looking screens :)

Link please.

I know people are just trying to be helpful, but please don't request or post the images from the magazine, or links to them. It's OK to summarise articles found in magazines, but extracted screenshots (or images or the magazine pages) aren't permitted in these forums.

I know people are just trying to be helpful, but please don't request or post the images from the magazine, or links to them. It's OK to summarise articles found in magazines, but extracted screenshots (or images or the magazine pages) aren't permitted in these forums.

Aha, ok.. sorry :)

Last edited:
This sounds awasome. I am abit diasspointed with the Mouse+Keyboard issue though. I mean CDPR were a PC developer primarily, and their biggest fan base(and financial supporters) have been PC players, so priorizing gamepads is a bit dissapointing to me. TW2 was great with mouse+kbd. You wanted to pick something, interat with someone, open a door, attack etc. Just turn the mouse in the right direction and click. That's how it's done on PC. Not like Skyrim or Dark Souls were you had to press weird keyboard buttons all over the place.

Conclusion:
[....]"My two days with Geralt were one of the most beautiful, most exciting and overwhelming experiences I have experienced in my 33 years gaming life"

And about that inventory, yes please, regardless of the style, It just gave me that old school feel because of the grid and I appreciate it much more than the list-like inventory.

Last edited:
- Bargaining with people about monster- hunting rewards will be done in a minigame. There will be a seperate window, in which you type the gold you want. At the same time you can see how angry the npc is. if you overdo it he/she will cancel the negotiation and you have to accept the minimum reward.

Uhm. I don't know if I like this or not.

- heavy usage of the surroundigs. For example the gamestar guy met a enemy with a skull symbol (too difficult to fight) There was a hive nearby. He shot it with the crossbow-> the bees attacked the enemy and he run off

Just as Inquisition?
Uff. I hope is not grinding based as DAI and you can defeat it even if it is too strong, if you are good enough in combat.

- we will spent between 5-10 hours playing Ciri (no character development while playing her, whole focus on the story)
Ciri can blink, There will be even more powerful abilities later

Sad.

Often confirmed that you can successfully attempt 'over level' monsters if you are a skilled player. Rewards are earlier access to certain areas and loot. Costs are potentially having a dead Geralt and a reload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom