The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
Do you think? Because I have a 720p plasma and when let's say I played Skyrim with high res texture pack installed vs non texture pack, the game still looks a LOT better with the texture update.

The only good thing I see with the PS4 being 1080p all the time is that it would add somehow of a type of "supersample" effect on my resulting image?

Seriously, how many people have a 720p TV and how many people have a 1080p TV? I think you know that specifically catering to the 720p people is wasted work.

I don't think it's within the purpose of this forum to get into a dispute over whether some members have equipment that relegates them to a market nobody is obliged to serve. It is dangerously close to a platform war. And then the moderators would have to put it out.

A request for 720p/60Hz on consoles is not pointless. It is extraordinarily unlikely that CDPR would make the effort at this time, however. Feature creep close to the end of development is especially unwelcome.

The reduction in resolution alone may or may not be sufficient to reach the desired result. 720p is only 44% of the resolution of 1080p. If the game is limited by per-pixel calculation the way TW2 is, 720p at twice the speed with no other compromises might actually be possible.

Last edited:
Seriously, how many people have a 720p TV and how many people have a 1080p TV? I think you know that specifically catering to the 720p people is wasted work.

Sad because my 720p Plasma look just as good as my 1080p TV. It all comes down to playing the game in your TV original resolution I think. I have made thorough experimentation and there is no difference in quality and the leaps in framerate are staggering (when playing in 720p on a 720p TV). Although I must say playing a 720p game on a 1080p TV does look worse. I think it all depends on your TV/monitor native res.

---------- Updated at 06:46 AM ----------

The reduction in resolution alone may or may not be sufficient to reach the desired result. 720p is only 44% of the resolution of 1080p. If the game is limited by per-pixel calculation the way TW2 is, 720p at twice the speed with no other compromises might actually be possible.

I know! The Witcher 2 downscaling technology is amazing. I managed to get it running smoothly on my (not so great) laptop when reducing the resolution to something like 1024x640, I don't remember exactly the resolution. But the point is, it did work! I was amazed :)

Cheers! And who knows maybe down the line if some of the devs is willing, CDPR could add this option later :)

Last edited:
well if you want options why not buy the PC version instead of PS4? if you buy from GOG you are directly supporting CDPR. they get more profit AND you get to change your resolution to 720p and achieve 60fps. Not only that. You also have the options to tweak other settings like shadows, shaders, visual effects to your heart desires. Just saying.

HMmmm
Then count me in. I like the idea.

Sure! :) And knowing how cool the devs at CDPR are, we might get something like this or similar down the line. Well it is my most wished feature. Now if some dev would say something like: "Guys honestly is not worth it cause the framerate wouldn't get much better". Then I would say OK no problem then, mostly because I trust these guys like any other devs in these world really.

Cheers.

---------- Updated at 07:08 AM ----------

well if you want options why not buy the PC version instead of PS4? if you buy from GOG you are directly supporting CDPR. they get more profit AND you get to change your resolution to 720p and achieve 60fps. Not only that. You also have the options to tweak other settings like shadows, shaders, visual effects to your heart desires. Just saying.

True, but then again I would have to build another PC for it. Besides, I have never bought a CDPR game in physical form ever (in my country there is 0 PC gaming retail sellers), and I really want to have that lovely box, and hopefully with a lovely colored manual. And let's not forget, maybe a Triss poster? ;)

Sure! :) And knowing how cool the devs at CDPR are, we might get something like this or similar down the line. Well it is my most wished feature. Now if some dev would say something like: "Guys honestly is not worth it cause the framerate wouldn't get much better". Then I would say OK no problem then, mostly because I trust these guys like any other devs in these world really.

Cheers.

---------- Updated at 07:08 AM ----------

True, but then again I would have to build another PC for it. Besides, I have never bought a CDPR in physical form ever, and I really want to have that lovely box, and hopefully with a lovely colored manual. And let's not forget, maybe a Triss poster? ;)

For games like Witcher 3 i would love to have physical as well. Sadly local retailers in my country don't carry retail for Witcher 3. I seriously have no idea why. I do have my Witcher 2 physical box (PC). I knew many PC gamers resort in buying PS4 version just for the physical. That's sort of like forcing you to buy a specific version on a specific platform if you want physical.

For games like Witcher 3 i would love to have physical as well. Sadly local retailers in my country don't carry retail for Witcher 3. I seriously have no idea why. I do have my Witcher 2 physical box (PC). I knew many PC gamers resort in buying PS4 version just for the physical. That's sort of like forcing you to buy a specific version on a specific platform if you want physical.

I haven't bought a "physical" PC game in so long that I cannot remember. Can you still play the games off of the disk, or is it installation only? I sure love to hear that Disk spinning, "it's thinking" ;)

Also I should add that CDPR are one of the developers that most deserve our money if there ever was one. Besides they will be adding free DLC :O

Last edited:
Please, after Geralt has killed an enemy (and especially with the cool new dismemberment system) can we have the bodies/body parts to stay? I really didn't like it when TW2 when they turned into coin purses. Completely ruined immersion; I had to search for a mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to highlight that if you're concerned on a particular issue and there is already a thread on it, there's no need to re-post here, and such posts will be considered as spamming and action taken accordingly.

If there's already a topic on it, the devs can read it there.

Two posts (and the reply to one of them) deleted.

Oh, and please don't shout.

I'd like to highlight that if you're concerned on a particular issue and there is already a thread on it, there's no need to re-post here, and such posts will be considered as spamming and action taken accordingly.

sorry sir, didn't mean to get out of line.

Even though there is no thread directly regarding the icon style? :cry:

@ReptilePZ

Uhh yeah thx for the link man... but inventory UI might not be directly linked with icon style / icons art style
I post it there anyway... the wish i have even doesn' t is a wish to change the UI layout... i just wish for
a change of the icons that are used (and we have seen so far) at the skill tree, alchemy screen.
And yes even the HUD

So it appeared the WISHLIST thread would be the most suited one to SHOUT out that wish ;)

PS:
really sucks we can' t post the skill tree with it ugly DA icons... but i might post a direct comparison
between meditations timers (with and without TW1 icon style)

yes i will make my own thread! with blackjack and hookers!

@ReptilePZ

Uhh yeah thx for the link man... but inventory UI might not be directly linked with icon style / icons art style
I post it there anyway... the wish i have even doesn' t is a wish to change the UI layout... i just wish for
a change of the icons that are used (and we have seen so far) at the skill tree, alchemy screen.
And yes even the HUD

So it appeared the WISHLIST thread would be the most suited one to SHOUT out that wish ;)

PS:
really sucks we can' t post the skill tree with it ugly DA icons... but i might post a direct comparison
between meditations timers (with and without TW1 icon style)

yes i will make my own thread! with blackjack and hookers!

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/30248-TW3-UI-Aesthetics

Let's return to the topic at hand now.

Reward system.

Here is an idea of a reward system. What if developers add a statistic in game which collect data of all (required) your deeds, like "how many human or creatures you kills" or how many bolts you shot. That way system can track what weapon you use most and can decide what reward give to you, so if you kill mostly "creatures" it will give you a silver sword as a reward. Also, system can track what runes is more favorable of yours (fire, bloodlust, poison) so it can give you proper reward. Why give you poison rune if you always use fire rune? Where is a feel for a reward? You don't need poison rune, its not your tactic to use it. Same goes for most favorable potion, bolt or armor. So when an enemy is defeated system scan thru statistic list all your preferred favorites and give reward accordingly. Of course that's happens if system decides to reward you at all.. :hmmm:

Top Bottom