The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
It might be a good idea for another kind of game, in my opinion, but not for The Witcher 3. In a story-driven RPG I expect loot to be a part of the story itself and tell one of its own; ideally, every armor or sword should be found where it's found for a reason, its holder or guardian monster should have it for a reason and its effects should be coherent with its background as well (as a straightforward example, a foot soldier's breastplate should not give you a huge boost to witcher signs), even if it's not something very elaborate. Just a little bit of background, but it should be there.

For more common items, it sounds too much of an effort just to give you stuff you could easily make yourself or buy at a shop. So, as I said: it's a nice idea, it could work in another kind of game, but it doesn't fit The Witcher for me.

That beard growing thing is pretty interesting to me, I like it very much, but I am wondering how long will beard grow if you dont go to the barber at all, it would be pretty cool if beard could be big :D

Idle animations, reactions while in the sailing.

It occurred to me while looking at one of the more recent screenshots that sailing in the game was going to be an amazing feature, and while imagining it saw an awesome detail.

The boats already have some really amazing details like the cloth sails that move in the wind or the water itself, but while all this dynamic stuff is happening I noticed that Geralt himself will likely otherwise be motionless. Its the case for allot of games when you are driving a vehicle your character doesn't normally react particularly well to what is happening around him, and in the witcher 3 if you look at the SOD trailer or the nvidia tech video you can see this.

It would be nice to see Geralt moving, for instance in ruff seas he might bounce a little as the waves lift and drop his boat, consequentially leaning forward and back to keep his bearings and maybe he might begin holding tightly to the side of the boat, shielding his eyes from the wind or sun or wiping his face after being hit by the spray of the waves. maybe when it is sunny and quiet and you are moving in a straight line, with no enemies in sight, Geralt might look to relax a little, put his hand in the water and let it drag there for a second, you know idle pose like animations. these little things really make the world and characters that much more believable.

I remember hearing a journalist saying how amazed he was when Geralt's horse ate and apple, these kinds of things make the world come to life. its not enough to have nice character models, having people act or react to their surroundings goes a long way in making more believable characters and a more believable world.

Last edited:
It might have been asked before but i can't find anything right now. Is the boat sailing still in? I thought you only needed a boat to sail to Skellige and back but wasn't it changed and now there is a loading screen to do the transition?

It might have been asked before but i can't find anything right now. Is the boat sailing still in? I thought you only needed a boat to sail to Skellige and back but wasn't it changed and now there is a loading screen to do the transition?

Yes, it's still in. You also need to move from island to island. And as far as I remember someone mentioned that you could sail on the Pontar.

It might be a good idea for another kind of game, in my opinion, but not for The Witcher 3. In a story-driven RPG I expect loot to be a part of the story itself and tell one of its own; ideally, every armor or sword should be found where it's found for a reason, its holder or guardian monster should have it for a reason and its effects should be coherent with its background as well (as a straightforward example, a foot soldier's breastplate should not give you a huge boost to witcher signs), even if it's not something very elaborate. Just a little bit of background, but it should be there.

For more common items, it sounds too much of an effort just to give you stuff you could easily make yourself or buy at a shop. So, as I said: it's a nice idea, it could work in another kind of game, but it doesn't fit The Witcher for me.

Exactly my opinion.
Let each piece of loot be different and have it's own story to tell and make sense in terms of on which enemy or in which place you find it.
Makes for a more immersive and fun experience.

Why not? I don't get why most games have no toilets, especially RPGs. They belong to a realistic, immersive world imho.

As a small, atmospheric detail, they're fine. They're really a bit mundane, though. I imagine we'll be slogging through enough sewers,when we come to the game, so you'll probably have your wish.

As a small, atmospheric detail, they're fine. They're really a bit mundane, though. I imagine we'll be slogging through enough sewers,when we come to the game, so you'll probably have your wish.

That's not the same. It's just completely unimmersive to walk through a quite realistic world that acts like people had no basic needs. I don't think it's a small, atmospheric detail, on the opposite: I think it's an integral part of a realistic, immersive game world.

Last edited:
That's not the same. It's just completely unimmersive to walk through a quite realistic world that acts like people had no basic needs. I don't think it's a small, atmospheric detail, on the opposite: I think it's an integral world of a realistic, immersive game world.

You'll excuse me, I hope, if I bow out of this discussion: I'm not going to debate the importance of latrines in a game world. This round goes to you, mate -- I concede.

I want to see squirrels incorporated into the game via free dlc or patch ;)

---------- Updated at 11:08 PM ----------

I want to see squirrels incorporated into the game via free dlc or patch ;)

I would like to see manuals and a map included with every copy of the game, not just collector's edition. If this is like this already, great! But I don't know, and I am appalled to see all these games on PS4/Xbox1 where there is no manual, no nothing, it's such bullshit I am sick of it. Maybe someone more savy know more of this though.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I want a PC exclusive hotkey that causes Geralt to fart or burp.

---------- Updated at 12:11 AM ----------

I would like to see manuals and a map included with every copy of the game, not just collector's edition. If this is like this already, great! But I don't know, maybe someone more savy know more of this.

Cheers.
Already the case. :)

That's the standard edition shown there at the top: http://buy.thewitcher.com/

Top Bottom