map

+
The map up close (the one seen in the post above mine) is stunning. I can't stop looking at it and examining it. It is really really well done. Out of all the new screens from Gamestar, this map elevates my hype as no other.

So does anybody want to speculate about the secret smaller regions?
There will be 5-6 of these "smaller, more linear" areas. We know Kaer Morhen and the prologue area (orchard village+ surroundings) will be two of them. I don't know if Vizima castle is counted as one region. Maybe it's the difference between the "5-6" (if you count vizima palace then 6, otherwise 5)
Nevertheless there will be 3 or 4 regions, we don't know yet.
My thoughts:

- Brookilon:There is a artwork of a forest, which looked like it could be the Brookilon. But I don't really see a reason why we should visit it and we haven't heard anything about dryads being in the game so far. I rather doubt we will visit the Brookilon.

- Stygga: Crazy idea I know. But we can see a big maelstrom in the east of the Skellige isles on the world map . There were hints from Cd Project Red that Regis could be in the game. Maybe we will visit the ruins of Stygga and "rescue" Regis? I don't think it that's unlikely. It definitely would be great to visit it. (maybe even with a playable flashback of the attack on stygga- how awesome would this be)

- Witcher 2 areas (Flotsam, La Valette Castle, Vergen, Loc Muinne) I don't really see any reason to visit this places. Depending on our choices. CD Project Red would have to heavily change some of them (Vergen being part of Kaedwen, Aedirn or a independent state for example) A lot of work for little gain.

The gamestar journalist wrote that he visited two of this regions and they were very different visually. That's why I think that at least 2 or 3 of this regions will be connected to Ciri and her space travel abilities. This also makes more sense, considering we won't play her in the open world. So they either have to limit the open world while playing her (we can't just walk with her through whole Velen and talk to everybody for obvious story- and gameplay reasons) or create special areas.

My guess would be
- A frozen area in the future.I don't think the screen posted above just shows a snowy place in Skellige. It looks more like it could be a consequence of Ithlinne's prophecy.

- Tir Na Lia: The home world(city) of the Wild Hunt. That's something I would love to see. Storywise it would probably make also a lot of sense, considering the game is about the Wild Hunt chasing Ciri. Visually it would also be very different.

- a small Cyberpunk 2077 area: Yeah I know, this won't happen. But how awesome would this be? The first glimpse on the game being a small playable area in Witcher 3? Ciri could just accidently end up there and we get the chance to walk a bit around.

- a small area in the Arthur world: Who knows. Both the Witcher books and Witcher 1 have a lot of references to the King Arthur world. Wouldnt be surprised if we end up there and talk to maybe Galahad.

I think with Ciri's special abilities basically everything is possible. I hope they will show some creativity with this extra areas.

Just a reminder that posting images taken from the recent issue of the Gamestar magazine is not allowed due to copyright reasons.

- a small Cyberpunk 2077 area: Yeah I know, this won't happen. But how could would this be? The first glimpse on the game being a small playable area in Witcher 3? Ciri could just accidently end up there and we get the chance to walk a bit around.

That would be so good lol

The map up close (the one seen in the post above mine) is stunning. I can't stop looking at it and examining it. It is really really well done. Out of all the new screens from Gamestar, this map elevates my hype as no other.
Yeah, I can't imagine the amount of effort that went into that. It should totally be the art of the cloth map from the Xbox One Collector's Edition - it looks like it won't be, though. Or maybe include a paper map in the standard edition like you did with the TW2, khm, CDPR...? :fish:

Last edited:
Yeah, I can't imagine the amount of effort that went into it. It should totally be the art of the cloth map from the Xbox One Collector's Edition - it looks like it won't be, though. Or maybe include a paper map in the standard edition like you did with the TW2, khm, CDPR. :p

But they are including the paper map with the standard edition.. Or is there something I've missed here?

Also the map from the Gamestar article (And the one Dbag was referring to) is the same one being used for both the cloth map & paper maps - https://youtu.be/H59wkusd5WU?t=1m21s

But they are including the paper map with the standard edition.. Or is there something I've missed here?

Also the map from the Gamestar article (And the one Dbag was referring to) is the same one being used for both the cloth map & paper maps - https://youtu.be/H59wkusd5WU?t=1m21s

Is that so? I don't know why I thought there won't be a map in the standard edition, and if even the art is the same as that, then I couldn't be more happy, thanks for clarifying.

First up, is the standard edition which you can view above. Now do keep in mind, this is the Standard Edition of the game, and CDPR are already giving you a lot, compared to the other companies. It contains:

• A Blu-ray Disc with the game (DVDs on PC)
  • An exclusive CD with the official soundtrack
  • The official, developer-created “Witcher Universe – The Compendium”
  • A beautiful, detailed map of the in-game world
  • A set of unique stickers
  • A stylish, protective sleeve.

http://www.push-start.co.uk/all/pla...railer-released-collectors-edition-announced/

http://buy.thewitcher.com/

Just to make things simple. If you've come across a new map within the last one or two days, and are thinking of posting it, don't. It's almost certainly the one from the Gamestar magazine, which means posting it is NOT permitted, and if we keep on seeing it here we may move beyond just deleting the image.

I understand the copyright reasons and all, but I still find it kinda ridiculous that ingame map from a game this entire forum is about cannot be posted while it gets posted everywhere else willy nilly. Copyrights are so silly sometimes (oftentimes).

I understand the copyright reasons and all, but I still find it kinda ridiculous that ingame map from a game this entire forum is about cannot be posted while it gets posted everywhere else willy nilly. Copyrights are so silly sometimes (oftentimes).
Copyrights are not silly. The people who post these stuff on the internet are silly because they refuse to pay for the stuff other people own. Simple.

That clean map that was posted wasn't even in Gamestar, methinks. That one has some notes over it. Don't know where this one came from though.

That clean map that was posted wasn't even in Gamestar, methinks. That one has some notes over it. Don't know where this one came from though.

It is from gamestar. You can remove the notes with adobe acrobat for example

let us not discuss copyright law here please :)

^What he said.

And, basically, if you don't know where it came from, then at the moment, please don't post it. Based on past experience with these issues with print magazines, it will be released by CDPR after a while, and then it can be posted and discussed and dissected as much as you want.

Last edited:
Ok. So we now know that there will be a fairly large town in the NML. called Krahenfells (Atleast in german, dont know how it would be called in english) i bet thats the walled place we see in the NML area

So Novigrad/No Man's Land seems to have the following cities/towns/areas:

1. City of Novigrad
2. Area of Grassy Knoll (South of Novigrad)
3. Area of Gustfields (East of Novigrad)
4. City of Oxenfort (Southeast of Novigrad past Gustfields)
5. Town of Carsten (immediately North of Oxenfort)
6. Vegelblio Estate (immediately North of Carsten)
7. Area of Grey Rocks (Southwest of Oxenfort, South-Southeast of Novigrad) - Includes Hanged Man's Tree
8. Town of Crows Perch (Southwest of Grey Rocks)
9. Town of Heatherton (Northwest of Crows Perch)
10. Town of Midcopse (East of Crows Perch, South of Grey Rocks)
11. Crookback Bog (Southeast of Midcopse)
12. Area of the Descent (East of Crookback Bog, Southeast of Grey Rocks)
13. Nilfgaardian Camp (Southeast of Crookback Bog)
14. Bald Mountain (South of Crookback Bog)
15. Fyke Island (West of Bald Mountain, South of Crow's Perch)
16. Area of The Mire (South of Fyke Island)

Last edited:
Top Bottom