map

+
I really like that near every city or bigger town there is an image of a person who rules it, king or local lord, really cool, especially on Skellige archipelago, where are couple of lords and we dont know much about them (on this map we see four Skellige lords :) )

Last edited:
Checking with the REDs if the screens are good to go. So they're not allowed on the boards until further notice.

I'm quite curious how big Kaer Trolde, Crach an Craite's fortress (and probably surrounding city) on Skellige Islands, will turn out. It's hardly visible on the world map published in the Gamestar magazine (the map is cut on the left site so not all of Skellige Islands is visible) but it has the same "big city style legend" than Novigrad and Oxenfurt at least. So here I hope that it will be even the third big or bigger city/city-style-location in the game. :)

I've made some discoveries on the map, especially about the locations of political powers and rulers:

• Emhyr (Nilfgaard) -> Vizima
  • Radovid (Redania) -> Oxenfurt
  • Crache an Craite (Skellige) -> Kaer Trolde (very likely)

I'm still trying to figure out who's the current power in Novigrad. There is a coat of arms attached to it that is divided in the Redanian eagle on the left and red/yellowjags on the right. It's a coat I don't know tbh. It's definitely not the coat of the free city of Novigrad so maybe somebody took over power there? Any good guess?

This is the one I mean (I hope posting such a tiny, tiny snippet of the map isn't a big deal for anyone, if yes, just delete it):
View attachment 11648

Attachments

• 2015-03-23_170949.jpg
    2015-03-23_170949.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
So here I hope that it will be even the third big or bigger city/city-style-location in the game.

I think it will be something comparable to Oxenfurt (maybe a little smaller). It will likely be a "large settlement" at least.

About Skellige, will it have any fairly large settlements or will all of them be small villages? Also besides the main island will we see settlements on the other smaller islands?
P.S. Can they fully and unequivocally confirm that oxenfurt will be in the game? (Yes i know that I’ve asked before and many have users have answered yes but i wont be happy until I hear it directly from the devs.

You win three 'Yes'es.

- Miles interview

I'm quite curious how big Kaer Trolde, Crach an Craite's fortress (and probably surrounding city) on Skellige Islands, will turn out. It's hardly visible on the world map published in the Gamestar magazine (the map is cut on the left site so not all of Skellige Islands is visible) but it has the same "big city style legend" than Novigrad and Oxenfurt at least. So here I hope that it will be even the third big or bigger city/city-style-location in the game. :)

I've made some discoveries on the map, especially about the locations of political powers and rulers:

I'm still trying to figure out who's the current power in Novigrad. There is a coat of arms attached to it that is divided in the Redanian eagle on the left and red/yellowjags on the right. It's a coat I don't know tbh. It's definitely not the coat of the free city of Novigrad so maybe somebody took over power there? Any good guess?

This is the one I mean (I hope posting such a tiny, tiny snippet of the map isn't a big deal for anyone, if yes, just delete it):
View attachment 11648

I believe that Novigrad is a free city, it is located in Redania but it is free, so it will be very interesting to see who rules there :)

I believe that Novigrad is a free city, it is located in Redania but it is free, so it will be very interesting to see who rules there :)

Yes, both Novigrad and Oxenfurt are actually free cities IIRC.

Traditionally Novigrad is ruled by the church (at least they have the most power). But the coat on the map together with the character at least indicates that somebody else of power and importance is currently in the city during TW3...

Last edited:
Maybe that's "Chappelle", or rather... Ah well, might be a spoiler. Would be cool if it was him though!

Chappelle is member/head of the church in Novigrad. So he doesn't have a crest of the nobility like indicated on the map. Djikstra could be possible. But he isn't part of the nobility neither but apparently the head of a criminal syndicate now. So both options don't explain the crest/coat.

I wonder if there will be enterable public buildings like churches, schools or maybe a hospital. Would be pretty interesting I think.

Chappelle is member/head of the church in Novigrad. So he doesn't have a crest of the nobility like indicated on the map. Djikstra could be possible. But he isn't part of the nobility neither but apparently the head of a criminal syndicate now. So both options don't explain the crest/coat.

True, I didn't think of that. But I still hope it's... Well, since we are in spoiler boxes now (Sword of Destiny spoiler incoming), I still hope it's our favorite Doppler Dudu, who told Geralt that he'd do whatever has to be done to survive. If he took the role of Chappelle to that end, maybe he did the same with whatever ruler the city has by the time of Witcher 3. I can't wait for the book-references! :D

View attachment 11648

you can see the map of the city on the gameplay video from a couple of months ago. counted that as a small city/ town . with roughly 20 buildings and a castle. its comparable to the largest settlement in NML crows perch.

---------- Updated at 03:38 AM ----------

I think it will be something comparable to Oxenfurt (maybe a little smaller). It will likely be a "large settlement" at least.

- Miles interview

About Skellige, will it have any fairly large settlements or will all of them be small villages? Also besides the main island will we see settlements on the other smaller islands?
P.S. Can they fully and unequivocally confirm that oxenfurt will be in the game? (Yes i know that I’ve asked before and many have users have answered yes but i wont be happy until I hear it directly from the devs.

You win three 'Yes'es.

Geez whoever could have been that strapping good looking poster who made such a brilliant and hard hitting question :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom