Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah. This seem to me inconsistent. If they want to do their best on every platform, and then PC version has the same quality of console, this means they are not doing their best on PC.

I wouldnt worry about the PR statement. By all accounts the Xbox version is far from "the same" and the PS4 is somewhere in between.

It's not quite an exact translation, that would be: "Aside from Nvidia Hairworks, we've tried to polish everything on all platforms in a way that every platform delivers the same quality."

Anyway, I'm sure it's just the regular no-gamers-are-left-out PR talk.

I wouldnt worry about the PR statement. By all accounts the Xbox version is far from "the same" and the PS4 is somewhere in between.

I really hope so.

It's not quite an exact translation, that would be: "Aside from Nvidia Hairworks, we've tried to polish everything on all platforms in a way that every platform delivers the same quality."

Anyway, I'm sure it's just the regular no-gamers-are-left-out PR talk.

It is PR talk for console parity.

However, it is true that they only made one version of the game for all three platforms, and while the PC does look nice compared to Xbox/PS4, it is nowhere close to what has been demo'ed 3 years ago. Vegetation diversity, draw distance, semi-volumetric clouds, etc. have been stripped from the game / downgraded, and it is likely that we won't see those features in the PC version even if better computers could run it.

Last edited:
it is nowhere close to what has been demo'ed 3 years ago. Vegetation diversity, draw distance, semi-volumetric clouds, etc. have been stripped from the game / downgraded, and it is likely that they won't add those features back into the PC version even if better computers could run it.

No need to spread FUD, when you all you have as "proof" are speculations.

Like gregski said, let's get back on topic :)

Does anyone know if CDPR will showcase their game again? like a live stream demo, a new gameplay video or something like that?
What should we expect in the upcoming weeks?

I didn't mean to start next "downgrade discussion". I'm just asking if you could give some link, quotation, translation from the Russion article proving that they were playing on high settings. I'm not saying the game was downgraded. As I mentioned in my post, I am very excited with what I have heard from guy from Gamestar magazine ( I know he said that graphics were stunning). I'm just a little bit concerned about news from Russian magazine. Some people claim that they played on ultra, some claim that it was high. I was just asking for any information that could tell me who's right.

They've confirmed for similar previous preview events, that the game on PC is running on high. I see no reason to change this for the Russian preview.
They've set the content for the world tour and that's it, they are just rolling with it.

---------- Updated at 08:46 PM ----------

It is PR talk for console parity.

However, it is true that they only made one version of the game for all three platforms, and while the PC does look nice compared to Xbox/PS4, it is nowhere close to what has been demo'ed 3 years ago. Vegetation diversity, draw distance, semi-volumetric clouds, etc. have been stripped from the game / downgraded, and it is likely that we won't see those features in the PC version even if better computers could run it.

This was discussed previously to death and the new screenshots/info proved it wrong, the game looks stunning on Ultra, no need to start the same FUD again.

Does anyone know if CDPR will showcase their game again? like a live stream demo, a new gameplay video or something like that?
What should we expect in the upcoming weeks?

There will be Dev diaries starting soonish and will probably have a few of those before release. Don't worry new videos are coming

guys please, everything we've heard and read points to the PC version being very superior and noticeably better, its obviously PR talk, clear as water.

If journalists many times have already said the PC version on High was already better than the console versions, imagine in Ultra, enough said. Some people even said it like night and day.

I didn't mean to start next "downgrade discussion". I'm just asking if you could give some link, quotation, translation from the Russion article proving that they were playing on high settings. I'm not saying the game was downgraded. As I mentioned in my post, I am very excited with what I have heard from guy from Gamestar magazine ( I know he said that graphics were stunning). I'm just a little bit concerned about news from Russian magazine. Some people claim that they played on ultra, some claim that it was high. I was just asking for any information that could tell me who's right.

This is link. http://alogvinov.com/2015/03/witsher-3-vedmak-2-v-otkryitom-mire/

AAND this is sentence.

Впрочем, для игры на ПК понадобится очень мощная машина. Даже те, на которых мы играли не тянули игру на самых высоких настройках — с этим, подозреваю, не справится даже 980’ый, картинки со скриншотов не будет.

AAND GOOGLE TRANSLATE

However, for the game on the PC you will need a very powerful machine. Even those that we did not play the game dragged on the highest settings - with this, I suspect, not even cope 980'y, pictures with screenshots will not.

AAAND lastly human translation. Even the PC's that we played on could't run game on MAX SETTING. I think even 980 will not run it at max setting

)))))))))))

You will need very powerfull PC.

This is link. http://alogvinov.com/2015/03/witsher-3-vedmak-2-v-otkryitom-mire/

AAND this is sentence.

Впрочем, для игры на ПК понадобится очень мощная машина. Даже те, на которых мы играли не тянули игру на самых высоких настройках — с этим, подозреваю, не справится даже 980’ый, картинки со скриншотов не будет.

AAND GOOGLE TRANSLATE

However, for the game on the PC you will need a very powerful machine. Even those that we did not play the game dragged on the highest settings - with this, I suspect, not even cope 980'y, pictures with screenshots will not.

AAAND lastly human translation. Even the PC's that we played on could't run game on MAX SETTING. I think even 980 will not run it at max setting

)))))))))))

You will need very powerfull PC.

That's what I was waiting for. Thank you, very, very much :)

Last edited:

IS THAT SO? ... weird since gamestar claimed they played TW3 on ULTRA with 1 single 980 *smirk*
We will see on 19. 05. then :D

IS THAT SO? ... weird since gamestar claimed they played TW3 on ULTRA with 1 single 980 *smirk*
We will see on 19. 05. then :D

They weren't playing the same version of the game.

Gamestar was surprised how the optimization advanced from the version the russians played, to the new version of the latest gamestar article.

He flew out to Poland to visit CDPR. I wonder if that means Gamespot is getting the same treatment as Gamestar? I doubt they'd do that for a short little demo.

I'm sure they are, along with GT, IGN and whoever else they fly out. We can expect lots of impressions coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom