Witcher 3 First 15 minutes gameplay!

+
Where is the E3 2013: Witcher 3 Nvidia Effects ?? Where ? This is the worst downgrade ever. Did you really think ultra settings will blow out the field and look the same as the old build ? I dont know why im a pc gamer no more . Its better sell your cards and buy a ps4 instead . People work hard to buy high end rig for a game that will look the same as consoles

Hey, I understand

I've stopped arguing over the downgrade because people kept showing me Marcin's statement, in which he says that the VGX graphics would be reproducible in the final release.

If we do NOT get volumetric clouds, the draw distance, the vegetation density, the foliage quality and the LoD seen in the VGX trailer, then I'll have to add CDPR to my grey/blacklist. CDPR has always done their best to satisfy their PC playerbase, especially by releasing a free enhanced edition that encompassed many features that would be otherwise DLC worthy.

All I can say, for now, is wait until we get our hands on some Ultra footage

2) Can the scenes in the VGX/SoD trailers be replicated in their graphical fidelity integrity on high end PCs when the game finally launches? -> Yes

No. That’s the answer. We are not downgrading it. We are optimizing the game but in a way that doesn’t affect the visuals. So there is a lot of work for us, and this is also one of the reasons why we delayed the game. Because we still have to optimize it to get the best performance for you guys as possible.

^^ If these bold statements are found out to be lies, then I'll have no respect for CDPR anymore ever

Last edited:
If anyone is interested this is a partial map of the White Orchard zone. (Best possible from the panning segment of the map during the video while stood near the notice board).

View attachment 12139

Note the Nilfgaardian encampment to the NNW, where the peasant general was interviewing the Temerian villager.
Not a huuge map, but there was plenty to do and see in the little area near the burnt out village, and lots of interesting things 'on the horizon' to wander off and visit.

Attachments

• WhiteOrchard.jpg
    WhiteOrchard.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 198
The hype(rbole) is real! :)

Anyway, today REDs really made me happy with this video, and their kind answers here. Hopefully we will get our hands on some other stuff as well. Need to add things to my Witcher 3 loop (I kinda watch the videos over and over, as a sedative). May 19th couldn't approach any slower... Also, hopefully you guys will reconsider publishing the Ultra footage; I just want to drool a little bit more you know... ;)

Combat is looking real slick. So glad they implemented a proper counter mechanic this time. Only two things bother me: Geralt's jump seems floaty and the intermediate UI screen which is just a waste of time. At any rate, it looks gorgeous and they seems to have got the pace of random events right, so you're neither bored nor swarmed too often with enemies as you roam.

Combat is looking real slick. So glad they implemented a proper counter mechanic this time. Only two things bother me: Geralt's jump seems floaty and the intermediate UI screen which is just a waste of time. At any rate, it looks gorgeous and they seems to have got the pace of random events right, so you're neither bored nor swarmed too often with enemies as you roam.

Still no fleders, though.

At least they've confirmed the succubus.

Ghouls are the night monsters. Why do they hunt in the day-time?
Why do they run on all fours rather than on two paws, like in the The Witcher?

Is there uncompressed footage anywhere? Didn't like how the video looked at all.
But my God, even with all that compression...dem fucking GOD RAYS.

Hey, I understand

I've stopped arguing over the downgrade because people kept showing me Marcin's statement, in which he says that the VGX graphics would be reproducible in the final release.

If we do NOT get volumetric clouds, the draw distance, the vegetation density, the foliage quality and the LoD seen in the VGX trailer, then I'll have to add CDPR to my grey/blacklist. CDPR has always done their best to satisfy their PC playerbase, especially by releasing a free enhanced edition that encompassed many features that would be otherwise DLC worthy.

All I can say, for now, is wait until we get our hands on some Ultra footage

^^ If these bold statements are found out to be lies, then I'll have no respect for CDPR anymore ever

If that's how you ACTUALLY feel then I suggest to just avoid the game and stop setting yourself up to be a victim. Because no matter how good it looks in the end, whether it misses the mark or meets those expectations heck even if it exceeds them, you have already set it up to fail.

On topic trailer looked nice, I'm wondering how frequent the random encounters will be though. One problem I have with some open world games that do this trick, like RDR or Skyrim is that they are too frequent and too similar that it kind of pulls you out of the game seeing the same bandit pattern set up in another ambush on some path.

If that's how you ACTUALLY feel then I suggest to just avoid the game and stop setting yourself up to be a victim. Because no matter how good it looks in the end, whether it misses the mark or meets those expectations heck even if it exceeds them, you have already set it up to fail.

On topic trailer looked nice, I'm wondering how frequent the random encounters will be though. One problem I have with some open world games that do this trick, like RDR or Skyrim is that they are too frequent and too similar that it kind of pulls you out of the game seeing the same bandit pattern set up in another ambush on some path.

It has nothing to do with whether or not I'll buy/enjoy the game. (I've already pre-ordered it)
It's a matter of lying to your customers. We're not stupid and I take their word very seriously

On a more positive note:

From IGN's 20mbps 1080p video (not from the link of assets.ign.com, but straight out of their video player)

This proves that IGN's footage was recorded at 1440p on PC, probably high+ settings

The way the sunlight is blending with the water is just beautiful. I've never seen that in a video game before

Why the hell should I want to spoiler the game in such a blatant, boring way for myself ???

The opening of a game is among the most "magical" moments in playing a new game imho, especially if done well. Why ruining that magic with releasing the first 15 minutes as a video just two months before release? Sounds pretty weird and pointless to me, sorry...

I certainly won't watch the video but I'll probably can't avoid hearing people talking about it here on the forums or elswhere on the web in the upcoming days and weeks until release.

So thanks for nothing, CDPR. Seems I have to avoid the whole forum now. :(

Last edited:
Yeah it made it more obvious that there is no music at all in the video. I wonder how they will balance the moments with and without music.

Last edited:
Top Bottom