Witcher 3 First 15 minutes gameplay!

+
Map is improved, it uses vegetation color now, not drawing like in January videos!

That's awesome. Exactly what I was hoping for.

---------- Updated at 10:38 PM ----------

wait...that footage was on ultra right?

I hope it was on ultra because it knocked my socks off. If ultra looks better than that I don't know if I could handle it. My visual system might overload and I would end up passing out from pure ecstasy.

Some loading (LOD) problems :

Attachments

• dfgdfgh.jpg
    dfgdfgh.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 49
  • dsghjdfgdf.jpg
    dsghjdfgdf.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 51
My main take on this is that everyone is a shitty player but I'll rock this game. More impressions:

Really digging enemies also having stamina bars.

Anyone notice that Geralt actually "heh"s in the beginning with Vesemir? That's the closest he came to laughing in the games.

The merchant had like four huge silver rings. Probably rich. Spare something for the witchers, damn you.

White Orchard looks huge. Trees just kept on sprawling into the distance. The environment in general is stunning. Everything is so beautifully dense. I'm going to make love to these woods.

There was an awesome small battlefield with scorched earth, burnt trees, and lots of corpses. I can't off the top of my head recall when I've seen the aftermath of a battle in a convincing way in a game, and if this is just the prologue I bet we'll see some really disturbing and morbid sites in No Man's Land, with many more corpses. I really liked that battlefield.

Right now my feeling about combat is that it's somewhere in the middle between Arkham and BloodSouls. Catchy headlines aside, it does look fun, but something isn't quite clicking just yet. Though I believe it has to do with the player's style as well as his very low level. Later on I imagine a lot of cool abilities will be unlocked (or I hope so anyway) and alchemy plays a significant role. Geralt going apeshit on the Royal Wyvern after activating his Thunderbolt is one of my most memorable moments from the marketing material. And with a more confident player, such as yours truly, fights might turn out to be more impressive and varied.

Really enjoyed the witchers' conversation at the beginning. Writing is ticking all the right boxes for me.

Sun is glorious. Praise the sun. Nilfgaard victory confirmed.

My Geralt will snatch a goose and cuddle it on the road.

Cool seeing Geralt checking out the weapon you equip him with in the inventory screen.

Animations are sleek.

Finishers are terrific.

Would have liked to hear the bandit screaming on the ground after he got his arm severed. More sounds of pain in general, because I'm edgy and adult like that.

Geralt has blood on his face.

This was simply a joy to watch.

Right in the nostalgia.

Last edited:
Yep, watched the footage twice. It hurts. I can't wait for the release. Was really happy to hear Radovid is still kicking asses. In 15 min I saw enough content to please me for at least 4 hours (chasing geese, frightening the hiccup girl, looking by windows, and so on...). Good job guys.

This video is bad quality, but still this foliage!!?? It looks like mipmaps are not done properly? Strange?

And fighting feels too fast?

no cloud shadow :( guess they din´t squeeze it in, great video overall , now give as an environment and weather video and i will be a tormented man until the game comes out.

Some loading (LOD) problems :

Stop with the silly nitpicks. No other game is doing what this game is doing overall.

Every game can be nitpicked if that is your intention. EVERY game. I've seen small issues in every game I've played, but that doesn't stop some of them from looking amazing.

After watching the Video for the 3rd time I noticed just 2 small things:

1. Would be great if there is an option for some blood on the ground after slaying monsters n stuff.

2. While riding on the horse the tail moves a bit awkward. I rly donno if its realistic thats why I just mention it without knowing if it is normal for a horse.

And then a question that may some1 know: Do u have to chose the right sword at the beginning of a fight like in W2 or does Geralt automatically take the right sword like the silver one for wolves n stuff?

Anyone else care to speculate on what we see around 14:32, where Geralt strikes the bandit's axe-blade, and the image vibrates? It seems like some sort of disorientation, or disruption, caused by striking the metal, and Geralt is thrown off a bit . . . .

Last edited:
Top Bottom