Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
I wouldn't worry about people that come in here today to post all this hogwash. I already saw accounts that were created today and made posts to bash on the expansions before we even learned about them. It's typical game forums stuff. Some people have a crusade against certain games.

Where did you get that screenshot of my library? :p

Yep, the selling of Day 1 DLC - however enticing - is just not cool and is certainly not something I would have expected of CDPR prior to this announcement. Poor show!

This is not DLC and it's not day one either. It's an expansion pack, sold in a very reasonable price and it's due out at the end of the year. Day 1 DLC?

Edit: My apologies

Last edited by a moderator:
And now their plan is for us to buy expansion passes when the main game has not even been released. Ya. we don't need this shit now.
Let's take that scenario, and rephrase CDPR wording. Now they said something roughly like this:

We are going to release the new game soon. And we are going to release several expansion packs later this year. Want to pre-order them too to help the studio?

What they could say though, is like this:

We are going to release the new game soon. Want to help us develop more expansion packs? You can fund them now! Etc. etc.

The second sounds better to me, though in essence they are close. That's what Infamous Quests did with the Order of the Thorne exactly:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...e-and-roehm-to-ruin-by-infamous/posts/1191755

And I'd gladly back them, even if the first game isn't released yet.

Last edited:
You got no clue what you are talking about. This is not DLC and it's not day one either. It's an expansion pack, sold in a very reasonable price and it's due out at the end of the year. Day 1 DLC? You should practice reading a bit more

DownLoadableContent a.k.a DLC. Sorry but he is half right. Everything is DLC these days, even the games themselves.

Yep, the selling of Day 1 DLC - however enticing - is just not cool and is certainly not something I would have expected of CDPR prior to this announcement. Poor show!
This is not day 1, and not DLC in the sense that it's a new hat or one short quest. It's an expansion pack of 30 hours, released in two parts, the first is 5 months after TW3's release, the second 7+ months.

If we decide to strip down DLC to its very literal definition then me buying TW3 on GOG is also DLC. But that's not how the gaming community understands it, so attributing "DLC" to an "expansion pack" is not right.

Last edited:
expansion with more gameplay hours then most of the games realesed recently... its a no brainer to me TAKE MY GOT DAM ORENS

DownLoadableContent a.k.a DLC. Sorry but he is half right. Everything is DLC these days, even the games themselves.

Allow me to disagree. DLC is a trend of the last few years, an expansion pack that provides a new area and 20 hours or more is not considered a DLC just because you can download it as well. Would it make a difference if you could get a physical copy ?

Cute. And while I think Giovanni was rude, you still aren't answering what he's actually pointing out - that this isn't day 1, as you wrote, but in fact 5 months and then 7+ months after the game's release.

Then I misunderstood. Apologies.

I'd really like one expansion focusing on the monsterhunting aspect, because that's what I like the most about the witcher.

Allow me to disagree. DLC is a trend of the last few years, an expansion pack that provides a new area and 20 hours or more is not considered a DLC just because you can download it as well. Would it make a difference if you could get a physical copy ?

What stands for DLC is highly confusing and ambiguous. As well as for "pass" apparently. So no point to provide a correct definition. There is none. Just drop it altogether and read the context if you encounter it.

Guys there are people there who paid 60$ for The Order and played it for 10 hours, come on.

If there is one company that deserved our trust, it is CDPR, and I believe that they know what are they doing.
When I read this news on facebook I thought that this forum will explode of happines, then I come here and 50% of the comments are negative, cant believe this.

What stands for DLC is highly confusing. As well as for "pass" apparently. So no point to provide a correct definition. There is none. Just drop it altogether and read the context if you encounter it.

I am not the one confusing the meaning i think. Everything is called DLC cause it has lost it's meaning. Of course it's DLC if i can download it but these days it sounds like a bad word cause people think that when you talk about it, you mean that you're selling a part of the game that was cut out. We arent talking about something that will be release on day one here. It's an announcement of addons months away.

Guys there are people there who paid 60$ for The Order and played it for 10 hours, come on.

If there is one company that deserved our trust, it is CDPR, and I believe that they know what are they doing.
When I read this news on facebook I thought that this forum will explode of happines, then I come here and 50% of the comments are negative, cant believe this.

My personal take on this, that if CDPR want more positive PR, they should use crowdfunding for expansion packs, not pre-orders. It's a more direct connection with the fans as well as a better approach (investment rather than a loan).

Top Bottom