Anyone else not liking the graphic executions? [GIF warning]

+
I love how people are forgetting that:

A) Geralt is a mutant, who is much faster than any human can be, and is likely physically just as strong as the biggest human hunk of meat.
B) Geralt is a master swordsman (Best Swordsman in the north) and has almost 100 years of swordsmanship experience

Factoring that in with the fact that in reality a skilled swordsman with a good blade would have no trouble at all cutting off bare limbs, I'd say that a superhuman mutant with two life times of experience would have no trouble cutting a human in half with a good sword. Unless the said human wears plate armour, that complicates things. But I dare say that Gerlat's insane striking power might be enough to go through chainmail.

If you add the force of the momentum on horseback to the attack it is even greater. So I don't find the gory combat unrealistic at all. I always imagined the Witcher style of combat to be fast and brutal, striking fear into those who witness their dance of death.

In the first GIF, the angle of the sword swing does not correspond with the angle of the cut.
Also, cutting a guy in half through the ribcage with one arm is a bit too much, even for a witcher.

As for the second and third finisher, they are OK as long as they are not to frequent.

Another thing I dislike are the instant blood textures turning up when you land the finishing blow.
But I suppose that is due to technical limitations. Actually simulating spraying and dripping of blood is probably still too difficult to pull of.

Last edited:

Attachments

• head 1.jpg
    head 1.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 68
  • head 2.jpg
    head 2.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 65
  • head 3.jpg
    head 3.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 66
  • head 4.jpg
    head 4.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 69
Realism eh? Like shooting fire from your hands, undead spirits and giant lionbird monsters that fly? I know that is kind of a pissy argument because there is some "willing suspension of disbelief" that goes into a fantasy game and some elements of reality help keep things grounded. However, there is also artistic license and we like taking a few liberties for the sake of good visuals.

Heads will roll. :)

Realism eh? Like shooting fire from your hands, undead spirits and giant lionbird monsters that fly? I know that is kind of a pissy argument because there is some "willing suspension of disbelief" that goes into a fantasy game and some elements of reality help keep things grounded. However, there is also artistic license and we like taking a few liberties for the sake of good visuals.

Heads will roll. :)

Evilchris , one questions , You dont scape(it is a joke jejeje) The consoles guys could hope something close or seems from the last gameplay trailer in settings or grafics???

Thank you very much

Sure, I get that. It is not 100% physics accurate. It is a visual done for the sake of looking cool rather than accurate. Not everyone will enjoy it, but that is how it is.

My last attempt: Excuxe me do you could answer me my last post please , Yes I know it is oftopic but I am wishing know. Thank you. This my last post;

Evilchris , one questions , You dont scape(it is a joke jejeje) The consoles guys could hope something close or seems from the last gameplay trailer in settings or grafics

Thank you very much

Last edited:
Wait people are seriously upset about flying heads in a game set in a world with magic,signs and Monsters of all sorts?

Ok..

Realism eh? Like shooting fire from your hands, undead spirits and giant lionbird monsters that fly? I know that is kind of a pissy argument because there is some "willing suspension of disbelief" that goes into a fantasy game and some elements of reality help keep things grounded.
Ahem, actually the argument is very solid because although a fantasy world HAS fantastic elements the rest of it is usually realistic and all the same rules of physics apply to the inhabitants. They walk, eat and shit like real people. There is just something on top of that in Sapkowski's world. Don't mistake realism with reality. Realism here is meant as realism in the limitations and rules that apply to this very fantasy world.

You have certainly a right to act against physics if you want to do so on purpose for whatever reasons you might have though. That's a whole different story.

But the criticism sticks and is still valid that you indeed act against the lore and the physics and rules that apply to the Witcher world (and therefore against "realism"). You're even actually aware of that some people will hate that (like me) so it seems that you know the difference between realism in fantasy worlds and creative freedom very well.

@jantherocker
Yeah, let's just fuck all rules and phyics and whatever. Why sticking to everything that makes this world lifelike and immersive if there is just something that isn't there in our own world...

You guys argue like one deviation from reality means complete anarchy. It really doesn't. You argue against the very foundation of fantastic elemements in every medium here and there is no ground for such an argument.

Last edited:
Wait people are seriously upset about flying heads in a game set in a world with magic,signs and Monsters of all sorts?

Ok..

A better question would be: "Wait people are seriously upset about flying heads in a game that sets out to be gritty and brutal?" The way the heads fly is comical and in direct contradiction of the seriousness of decapitation.

And no I'm not seriously upset.

So long as monsters and human enemies behave reasonably while alive I cannot give a flying fuck what happens to their head in the instant of their death.

It is incorrect, but sometimes a little exaggeration is fine. They are *done* at that point anyway.

Top Bottom