Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
The video player on IGN is horrible....

other than that, i predict lots of deaths in this game if you're careless, which is really great. The water hag almost got him.

Looks like the fights are going to be pretty challenging - good.
Still hurts my soul every time I see the potion system in action though.

Have to say that the dodges and pirouettes look just fantastic. When a monster attacks and Geralt gracefully slides away it seems so natural and well made.

Otherwise...mob pathfinding and attack patterns seems quite repetitive...Rotfiends and Drowners have the same attack.

Exactly, small spoilers like Prologue and such are a given but that without even a warning like "BIG SPOILERS AHEAD: _____ END OF BIG SPOILERS" is really excessive.

Spoiling a part of a main storyline in an article about monster hunting is unnecessary and IGN deserves to be criticized for it.

Who said it is part of the main storyline? It is a quest, yes and sure, they are a little spoilery in their description, but it is not that bad. Neither the griffon fight (which we've repeatedly shown/discussed back in January) or the "bloody baron" bit are "main storyline". I think people are seeing some minor spoilers and making the assumption they are MAJOR spoilers and getting bent out of shape about them.

Also, you can criticize IGN all you want, but no one forced you to read an article that clearly announced they were going to talk about material in the game. Either they rehash the same information and people say "nothing new here" or they reveal something new and spoil something. Yes, EVERYTHING they reveal is exactly that, a revelation. Maybe it spoils information about a system, or an area or a quest, but if they want people to read their articles and you want new information about the game and you read an article they write discussing new information, I think you have to take some responsibility for potentially being spoiled.

After watching the monster hunting video from ign, two question occured, maybe anybody can enlighten me ;)

1.) Is it possible to riposte/counter/block monster too ? Would be awesome !! Just when the monsters in the video attacked they got this red stripe unter their life-stripe, which I think is an indicator for the intervall to counter etc. ...

2.) Any information if there is a difference between blocking and riposte/counter attack in W3 ? Would be great if there is a perk that Geralt does not only Block, but also counters with some unique sword-move.

Would be cool if some of CDPR ( @TheEvilChris ,he is just in the mood to post a lot I hope ;) ;) )could bring some light into this ;)

Last edited:
Warning: The lastest IGN article spoil a part of the main quest after the prologue, I recommend you to only watch the video wich is spoiler free:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04...hunt-makes-monsters-feel-real-ign-first?watch

I understand spoiling a side quest. But spoiling a main quest without even bothering to put a spoiler warning on your article? Unacceptable.

There's following witcher materials, then there's flat out spoiling the game for yourself. Caution should be exercised on both sides as far as I'm concerned.

What main quest? I thought they were already stated as side quests by Evil Chris just a few posts above.

What spoiler?

As I can remember, in the first video years ago, we could see a little red creature riding with Geralt. There were a lot of speculations tha who/what this creature was. No need to be so afraid about the pseudo-spoilers we can find out from now on, sure they won't be real news but info already forgoten :p

I certainly agree one should own up the fact that watching third-party TW3 videos out of one's volition a mere 30 days ahead of release is bound to be spoilery. In retrospect, maybe it wasn't such a great idea to go through that IGN first-15-minutes feature after all. No one to blame but Agent Bleu.

But I also think CD Projekt should be especially careful when deciding what to show in, say, introductory trailers, trailers meant to showcase the world, gameplay mechanics, etc. The way I see it, there's simply no reason to include main quest spoilers, irrespective of their magnitude, and the mention that Ciri might die if indeed Geralt goes after her and manages to find her falls into this category.

Anyway, that IGN monsters clip boasts some shitty 1080p video quality, doesn't it?

The consensus around here is that the best flavour of ice cream is not Crema Catalana, I mean Crème brûlée. No. It's been decided the best flavour, and to be universally acknowledged as such, is salted cod with sweated onions.

Youtube version is up

Last edited:
What main quest? I thought they were already stated as side quests by Evil Chris just a few posts above.

It may look like a side quest because it doen't involve the Wild Hunt or the child of prophecy but some stand-alone character. Nevertheless from waht I understant you have to achieve this quest in order to progress into the story, much like the griffon quest at the end of the prologue section, those quest are tied into the main stroyline because you can't finish the game without finishing them. So for me it fit the description of a main quest.

Also gamestar talked about this quest in their big preview without any spoiler and for the gamestar journalist it was one of the best quests he had ever encounter in a RPG so I would have prefer to discover the mistery by myself.:)

I thought the article was going to talk about the footage and the tactics he used about some common monsters not describing the ins and outs of such an important quest without any spoiler alert.

Top Bottom