[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 Screenshots and Artwork

+
CDPR has a behind the scenes (illustrated with an image of Emhyr). Gamespot has an entirely unrelated video in it's on going series.

I'm rarely the one to complain about seemingly minor issues but that blood-gushing-out-of-the-sword effect is really bugging me. I have a feeling I'm not the only one who finds it completely unnecessary and over the top. A small medium velocity blood spatter or even nothing would have been much better. Here's a nice flashy video to somewhat illustrate my point.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for blood and gore but flying torsos and blood dispensing swords really pull me right out of the game. It just seems like it's there solely for the "coolness factor" when I was expecting something more, shall we say, realistic from The Witcher 3. Something that would maybe even invoke the feeling of remorse.

Anyway, I'm aware that wasn't the final build of the game and I'm not bashing José (he's an amazing guy) or anyone who worked on blood effects. I'm just hoping that gush of blood from a sword is a bit toned down by the time the game releases.

I'm rarely the one to complain about seemingly minor issues but that blood-gushing-out-of-the-sword effect is really bugging me. I have a feeling I'm not the only one who finds it completely unnecessary and over the top. A small medium velocity blood spatter or even nothing would have been much better. Here's a nice flashy video to somewhat illustrate my point.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for blood and gore but flying torsos and blood dispensing swords really pull me right out of the game. It just seems like it's there solely for the "coolness factor" when I was expecting something more, shall we say, realistic from The Witcher 3. Something that would maybe even invoke the feeling of remorse.

Anyway, I'm aware that wasn't the final build of the game and I'm not bashing José (he's an amazing guy) or anyone who worked on blood effects. I'm just hoping that gush of blood from a sword is a bit toned down by the time the game releases.

Reminds me of spartacus blood and sand seasons xD

This is going to be fun :)

Attachments

• dfgdfg.jpg
    dfgdfg.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 161

The first boxed copies of the game just arrived in CDPR office.

So close. So freakin' close.

edit: By the way, what you can see on this picture is: retail box with 'additional content' written on it [I guess it's the free DLC], one case with installation discs 1-3, then another one with disc 4 and soundtrack. I guess it means the game comes with only 4 discs on PC?

Last edited:
HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!KJGJHFYHCJHVUYFCGJCHJCJGFCXGFC!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't imagine. It's happening.
First time i feel like this when my comp arrived and i began to play AC1.

edit: By the way, what you can see on this picture is: retail box with 'additional content' written on it [I guess it's the free DLC], one case with installation discs 1-3, then another one with disc 4 and soundtrack. I guess it means the game comes with only 4 discs on PC?

I am planning a heist, who's with me :p

Top Bottom