The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So..this is no more?

I remember devs saying that they've totally redesigned water. I think it wasn't for any good. It's much more "sticky" now - as if somehow it's surface tensions got increased 10fold. Check out Angry Joe video when he's sailing and how water just piles up around the boat instead of rushing inside it. It's much more like a "jelly/kissel" than water. On the earlier vdeo there was no V- wave when we were walking through it - just overlaping circular ones, but it behaved in much more natural way.

what a shame.. that effect was so awesome.. me and my friends were all "wow, yeah, that some great shit" :D .. and now it's gone.. why take some effects out which were already in the game and people loved them?

I was at least hoping it would be possible to replicate the visuals from the 35min demo on PC but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. There have clearly been some significant changes to the game since then. Hopefully modders will be able to improve things.

I'm so sick of the consoles holding the PC back. CDPR I never thought you'd sell out on the PC version. You severely downgraded the PC version. It clear to all of us now.

Edit: I just have to express how disappointed I am in CDPR. As a PC user I have supported you since the Witcher 1, I own all three titles. I have supported you through GOG.com, I own many titles on there and believed you to be a champion among PC developers. But the fact that you decided to downgrade the PC version to match the consoles is quite frankly an INSULT and what is worse is that you constantly lie to us about it. It's CLEAR as day that you downgraded the game, do not insult our intelligence further by lying to us.

I expect a huge backlash on release for the PC version when we get to compare for ourselves how much it's been downgraded.

I was optimistic and didn't want to believe the downgrade rumours but seeing the ps4 footage today it quite OBVIOUS you downgraded the PC version to be on par with the consoles.

Last edited:
It is... since we can' t understand WHY they took it out. In the build the YT ers played.
Yes (for my personal opinion) this is a step back from the 35 min demo.

But at this point, i ll wait till i see it ON MY PC how those "issues" are turn out.
I think that is the best way to go, IF the release build shows the same things
and they are not that good as in the demo... well THEN and only THEN we may
ask WHY they turned down those graphical features.

Keep also in mind, most midrange system will not even reach the maxed out settings.
(to be playable ofc)

And it's funny, because that video (35 minutes demo) was I believe the first when people were screaming about downgrade .. yeah, I most surely correct, because from that video people were using some footage from the swamps and that is doesn't look as good as the swamp scenes from VGX (SoD) trailers

And it's funny, because that video (35 minutes demo) was I believe the first when people were screaming about downgrade .. yeah, I most surely correct, because from that video people were using some footage from the swamps and that is doesn't look as good as the swamp scenes from VGX (SoD) trailers

I remember that. And now it is even worse. With some technical stuff cut out from the game and too coloured.

There were multiple levels of downgrade

trailers > 35 minute demo > retail game

Because there is no such footage. We have seen all the settings pushed to the max in one of those German vids.

Apart from gimmicks like Hairworks and mandatory framerate/resolution, the game looks identical on consoles. You think you gonna have a nice texture on that wall of Novigrad on PC? Think again. The parity is now undenialably real.
There is more to ultra than effects, like tesselation wich is what makes things not flat.

I haven't seen any evidence of tessellation in the footage. Nvidia would probably also have mentioned if tessellation was being used.

Some posts have been deleted, either for being pure flamebait or for responding to it. Challenges issued to those who disagree with you are definitely NOT welcome in these forums, and if anyone else thinks the purpose of this thread is simply to fight other forum members, please expect the appropriate consequences.

@harkinsteven

Thats the wrong way to go... nuff said.... we re all gamers. Or at last we should be

@misho8723

I personally never did that... 35 min DEMO was (for me personally) the reference i "compared" the following
footage to. I didn' t participate in that downgrade crap... only reason why i post here and now is,
because it is clearly visible that effects are "missing" and that worrys me for the guys from the dev team.
Since i am sure they are already put an enormus amount of effort into TW3 and it hurts when your
work doesn' t get appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom