day 0/1 patch

+
Or if I watch Game of Thrones season 1 today, 2 tomorrow, 3 the day after tomorrow and season 4 on the day after the day that's after tomorrow and then.. what day is it then? Nevermind.. I'm sad.

Level designer said about, there is an minimal patch that fix something but you dont have to patch it if you want. I just wonder is this the patch or we get an another one at 19 may.

---------- Updated at 10:18 AM ----------

Why couldn't it? No patch should come close to even this size unless they are fixing game assets but the patch sizes are usually bloated because they replace an entire archive instead of individual files inside them.

Well its a open world, isnt that file size not weak for fix? If CDPR dont lower or change textures ect for better frame rate than its fine.

The dude has his brightness turned up all the way but other than that it looks fine. So either the Gamersyde videos were lying or.... IDK.

I just hope the framerate is acceptable and not AC:Unity levels of badness. So is it confirmed it does help the frame-rate? You can't really tell with youtube.

i have been watching allot of console plays today and i don't see an issue there. the current framrate drops i have seen so far where very few, only in cut scenes when a location change was made ad it was very little. and the same are with the videos you linked. that said also people need to consider that Witcher 3 i pushing the consoles very hard performance wise. so that little there is not bad or an issue

On neogaf there are some who claim that the PS4 (patch included) has micro stutters when you turn the camera, which is really awful and distracting. The gamersyde videos seem to verify this... Dear God, please tell me that it's not true.

i have been watching allot of console plays today and i don't see an issue there. the current framrate drops i have seen so far where very few, only in cut scenes when a location change was made ad it was very little. and the same are with the videos you linked. that said also people need to consider that Witcher 3 i pushing the consoles very hard performance wise. so that little there is not bad or an issue

I am sorry, But you can cleary see the framerate dropping a lot. Especially in the third video, It hovers around 20fps sometimes! That is borderline unplayable, Hell 30fps isn't amazing, But i can live with it.... But 20? It's almost a slideshow at that point.

On neogaf there are some who claim that the PS4 (patch included) has micro stutters when you turn the camera, which is really awful and distracting. The gamersyde videos seem to verify this... Dear God, please tell me that it's not true.

Than it seems it's as i'd feared, It seems this http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-day-one-update-will-improve-frame-rate/1100-6427310/ Is just BS.

*Sigh* Looks like i will have to live with the 20fps drops and stuttering.

This whole thing is just a cluster****, CDPR's PR (Ba dum tss) Is awful.

I really wish they could be more transparent, Instead of just ignoring all of the problems that have been brought up the last few days.

Well said NoBlackThunder. The Witcher 3 pushes the consoles to their limit, so it can be somewhat forgiven.

It doesn't push the consoles to their limit. Also, micro stutter has nothing to do with hardware power but refresh rate anomalies in the code. There is no excuse for micro stutter.

Again, the gamersyde videos I posted above are uncompressed. To see how the game will look exactly as you play it on PS4 you have to stream or download the 1080p 60fps. That will show how the actual 30fps are being played on the console. The patch has done a great job of stabilizing the frame rate and vanishing some of the close pop in. It actually looks astonishing.

Except the fucking micro stutter which, if true, makes the version not good enough to buy.

Last edited:
Oh wow.. I was watching the video with the 30fps preset so the framerate looked much worse than it actually was, Selecting the native "60fps" Option does show noticeable improvements in the framerate, Sometimes it still drops, But not nearly as much.

I didn't notice any micro stutter in that video though, I think it depends on the situation and how much crap is on screen.

deleted post

Excuse me? We're having a discussion of the technical aspects. If being Objective offends you, You can Just not talk about it and Look at some other threads that suit your tastes.

"Stop bitching" I can talk about these aspects all i want, I am not hurting anybody and i am certainly not breaking the rules of this site. "Up to my standards" Well from i what i have seen, It might not be. I prefer a stable framerate not a mudered one with tons of stuttering :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom