Is Nvidia Gameworks going to ruin this game like the others?

+
Is Nvidia Gameworks going to ruin this game like the others?

Assassin's Creed Unity
Dying Light
Far Cry 4
Project Cars

Usually, when developers take bribes from Nvidia, it doesn't end well. In fact, it's really taking the 'choice' out of PC gaming.

GTA V
Mortal Kombat X

Those games didn't have Nvidia's logos and they ran extremely well. I'm interested in purchasing the game, but not if I'm going to get a less-than experience, just because I didn't get the overpriced cards w/limited RAM.

Assassin's Creed Unity
Dying Light
Far Cry 4
Project Cars

Usually, when developers take bribes from Nvidia, it doesn't end well. In fact, it's really taking the 'choice' out of PC gaming.

GTA V
Mortal Kombat X

Those games didn't have Nvidia's logos and they ran extremely well. I'm interested in purchasing the game, but not if I'm going to get a less-than experience, just because I didn't get the overpriced cards w/limited RAM.

To be honest, I have all these games and they all run awesome with all Nvidia's feature on!!

I7 5930K & GTX Strix 970 ( by the way, yes the 970 helps alot but the cpu truely gives the games a fairly decent extra fps to play with! :) )

dying light, ac unity, far cry 4 runs like butter smooth and looks excessively stunning with gameworks turned on , on my gtx 980.

We already have report from PCGH stating that the game runs butter smooth even on a 2GHz downclocked Haswell with HyperThreading off and a GTX770/R9 280X on Ultra. So no.

We already have report from PCGH stating that the game runs butter smooth even on a 2GHz downclocked Haswell with HyperThreading off and a GTX770/R9 280X on Ultra. So no.
If the game is smooth on a 770 on Ultra, why the hell would Nvidia recommend a 970/980 ?

The good thing is that even if it is gimped for AMD bros, you'll still have the option to disable the Gameworks effects in the menu or .xml/.ini files. I'll try my luck with a 980 and will probably just leave stuff like Hairworks off.

If the game is smooth on a 770 on Ultra, why the hell would Nvidia recommend a 970/980 ?

Even if you ignore the argument that nVidia wants to upsell you on newer cards, the evidence that a 770 runs the game well on Ultra is new and almost certainly was not known to the editor responsible for that page.

The guy who tested it said they only had time to do the 900 series, will most likely do more for the full guide. Besides, you can see the performance of the other cards(roughly) in this chart anyway:

The 970 is still the best bang for the buck on the market right now even with its 3.5GB VRAM issue. You'll almost never hit that last .5GB in 1080p anyway.
i would have to argue that via price point, the 960 is the best card to get right now, and should still perform amazingly well for this game
(if the day one patch does a bunch of optimizing, may even get to turn some stuff on to ultra)

Could anyone kindly explain to me why Nvidia Gameworks ruins computer games. I have absolutely no clue. No ironic here, Im just not that well informed.

it doesn't ruin anything.. only some amd "fanboys" say so because they are most likely desperate and angry because amd don't really "waste" it's time supporting game devs, while nvidia does so. so instead of beeing angry for amd not supporting devs, they are angry that nvidia does so. yeah not much logic but thats it for most part.

Not at all. So far it seems like Hairworks is the only thing that differentiates PC and Console version. So, that's a good thing. I never had a problem running nVIDIA Gameworks but in some cases I keep them off.

i would have to argue that via price point, the 960 is the best card to get right now, and should still perform amazingly well for this game
(if the day one patch does a bunch of optimizing, may even get to turn some stuff on to ultra)
The 280X regularly craps on the 960 and the 960 only has 2GB of VRAM. It's not really worth it.

Top Bottom