Tips for a gamer for Witcher 3 before the launch! SPOILER FREE!

+
There was an answer earlier from the devs regarding monsters attacking villages. Unless it's a scripted act (i.e. quest-related), they won't. If they do, the villages guards will kill them. My understanding was that the consequences (quest-givers getting killed by accident, stuff like that) were too high to allow random attacks by monsters on villages.

Thanks for taking the time to write about more spoiler free information for the community. I think your comments about difficulty were the things I wanted to know the most. I think I know what difficulty I'm going to play on now. You're the best! :)
Thank you brother! Happy to help!

ArRam - Just wanted to say thanks for your posts. Both this topic and the review one have been interesting and helpful. Nice to have something from a player point of view. Again, thanks for taking the time.

QUESTION: Is there any mechanical trap in the game like in Witcher 2?
That stuff gave a lot of tactical possibilities in the last game.

ArRam - Just wanted to say thanks for your posts. Both this topic and the review one have been interesting and helpful. Nice to have something from a player point of view. Again, thanks for taking the time.
Thanks a lot brother! Happy to help!
QUESTION: Is there any mechanical trap in the game like in Witcher 2?
That stuff gave a lot of tactical possibilities in the last game.
There are a lot of tactical possibilities available in witcher 3... Much more than in witcher 2.

Fantastic post (as well as your spoiler-free review) - reads like a professional, thought out review!
Re the difficulty - could you let us know what difficulties there are aside from easy, normal, hard: is there a difficult similar to the Witcher 2 Dark Mode (and any unique gear in this mode), although one which let's you save when you want! (and excludes permadeath...)
Thanks!
(PS sorry if this question has been asked somewhere else - didn't have time reading everything with finals exams starting tomorrow through to Wednesday!)

Fantastic post (as well as your spoiler-free review) - reads like a professional, thought out review!
Re the difficulty - could you let us know what difficulties there are aside from easy, normal, hard: is there a difficult similar to the Witcher 2 Dark Mode (and any unique gear in this mode), although one which let's you save when you want! (and excludes permadeath...)
Thanks!
(PS sorry if this question has been asked somewhere else - didn't have time reading everything with finals exams starting tomorrow through to Wednesday!)

There are 4 difficulties in total. I have not played beyond HARD(3rd level).... So I am sorry I dont have the proper answer to your question.

There are 4 difficulties in total. I have not played beyond HARD(3rd level).... So I am sorry I dont have the proper answer to your question.

so 2 questions if I may

1. I don't know if you know this I know there's 4 difficulties but is the hardest one permadeath or just more difficult?

2. also which difficulty do you like the most I heard from reviews that normal is way to easy but how is hard is the game like witcher 2 where the game can be cheap sometimes and other times you just steam roll through stuff?

@ArRam

So I was debating playing it on Death March because the Gamespot review said to play it on one difficulty higher than you normally would and I originally was going to start it on Blood and Broken Bones. I am very meticulous when I play my games. I search everything and do every side quest. How difficult is it playing on Blood and Broken Bones? Is it feasible to just start on Death March? Did it ever get easy for you on Blood and Broken Bones? I definitely want a challenge, but I don't want Death March to be so hard that it just sucks the life out of the game. Any insight on this would be much appreciated! :)

Hey ArRam,

Thank you so much for this thread and your other spoiler free review. Enjoyed both immensely. I have one question that I cant seem to get answered. I recently made a thread about this so sorry in advance to everyone for asking this all over but I'm desperate to get answers before the game comes out. In regards to skill resets (potion of clearance I think they are called) Do they remove the skill points acquired from places of power? I really only ask this here because you've been very quick and informative with your responses. Thanks in advance. :)

Nice thread, I've been playing the Witcher 3 for some time on PS4, I think I have 20 hours already, and I agree with most of those hints.

But, about playing on Hard, I started the game on the Hard difficulty, I played on it in the first 15 hours, then I switched to Normal because there was some interesting quests that I wanted to do that was getting way too much hard to handle, like some enemies with too much life bar for example, but that's because I didn't have the correct level recommended for the quest.

But anyway, here is my advice about choosing the right Difficulty for you (Normal or Hard):

- Hard Difficulty: In my opinion, this difficulty is more focused on the "RPG elements" of the game. You will be restricted by your level, for example you can be stuck on a quest that you want to do and you will have to give up because you don't have the level necessary to overcome that challenge, otherwise you will keep failing. On the other hand, the game shows you the level recommended for the quest, so you can avoid the high level ones, but some of those is hard to know if will be hard or not until you try the quest for yourself, and give up after starting a quest is a bit frustrating.

So, I recommend Hard Difficulty for people who loves more the deep RPG aspect of games, level up, stats, equipment manangement for example is more focused in this difficulty than on Normal.

- Normal Difficulty: In this difficulty I feel that you can explore the Open World and enjoy the Story and Gameplay more without having to worry all the time about your level, there are still some difficult quests that you will have to avoid but its not a big deal like on Hard. You still have to explore the weakness of your oponent on the Normal Difficulty, so is not too easy, it really feels "Just Right".

I recommend the Normal Difficulty for the majority of people, because you can adapt your playstyle and there's a better sense of freedom in this difficulty.

So that's it, I hope this helps the people that are in doubt about the difficulty level you want to start.
And sorry about my english :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom