PS4 or PC-version

+
PS4 or PC-version

I have such a hard time choosing which version i should go for. I have a killer PC with I7-4770K @ 4.2Ghz and GTX980 with 16GB of memory and top of the line SSD's in Raid 0. Should be a obvious choice but seeing the game is visually the same on consoles and PC im only left with the bonus of extra FPS. Mods im not interested in.

With PS4 i can enjoy my big tv and surround system, so there is bonuses there as well, but if the framerate drops it will ruin it for me. But the devs say it should be patched on day one.
What do you guys think?

You can just connect your PC to the TV...

I see no reason why anyone would want this game on a console rather than PC if they have a rig that will run it on high+ settings at good framerates.

Why don't you hook up your PC to your big screen TV with an HDMI cable ?
You can play your games on a big screen TV with a PC and an HDMI cable, and it is as simple as just just hooking up your PC to the TV.

I think the PC version is still better. The game is cheaper, the graphics, even downgraded, are still better than PS4... And while I understand you don't want mods, I think some simple stuff that will be widely available, like SweetFX or the like, will make the game look much better on PC. Maybe not in the first weeks, but afterwards...

PC definitely. With your specs you should be able to run at a consistent fps with hairworks. I agree with HDMI cable, which is what I'm doing.

Honestly the PC is only slightly better so if you have the hardware get it there but getting the ps4 you ownt notice a difference much at all...Console Parity and all.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Honestly the PC is only slightly better so if you have the hardware get it there but getting the ps4 you ownt notice a difference much at all...Console Parity and all.
Even assuming this wasn't complete bullshit (and I'm guessing it actually is) I wouldn't really dismiss 60 fps or more as a trivial advantage of the PC version.

Buy it for the PC, hook PC up with your TV & sound system as well as DS4, and enjoy better visuals (no matter how little you may think) and more importantly buttery smooth 60+fps.

Could hook up the hdmi cable to the TV, only problem is that its a bit far. So i need an extension cable for the usb for my DS4 gamepad in that case, but yeah always an possibility. PC it is.

Could hook up the hdmi cable to the TV, only problem is that its a bit far. So i need an extension cable for the usb for my DS4 gamepad in that case, but yeah always an possibility. PC it is.

You can buy a bluetooth adapter USB for about 5$ I believe.
Wouldn't need the USB cable for the DS4 then, just to charge it once in a while.

Last edited:
PC all the way...how can you even ask this? You get the best version and all the Nvidia goodies ontop of that (HBAO+ .>THIS IS A HUGE IMPROVEMENT TO THE SHADOW DETAIL , 60fps, better foliage/draw distance, Nvidia Gameworks, Hairworks etc).

It shouldn't even be considered what version you should choose..the answer will always be PC version over console.

Even assuming this wasn't complete bullshit (and I'm guessing it actually is) I wouldn't really dismiss 60 fps or more as a trivial advantage of the PC version.
Tough luck Tuco, its real. There is no difference between versions other than FPS and pop-ins.

We're not talking about the same company that developed Witcher 2 here. This is a larger, richer company.

I have such a hard time choosing which version i should go for. I have a killer PC with I7-4770K @ 4.2Ghz and GTX980 with 16GB of memory and top of the line SSD's in Raid 0. Should be a obvious choice but seeing the game is visually the same on consoles and PC im only left with the bonus of extra FPS. Mods im not interested in.

With PS4 i can enjoy my big tv and surround system, so there is bonuses there as well, but if the framerate drops it will ruin it for me. But the devs say it should be patched on day one.
What do you guys think?

I think you have convinced yourself of a falsehood and even when CDPR said that there was no downgrade and that the only thing graphically different from the 2013 and the current build is a sharpness setting that gave people head aches when there was lots of movement so they just toned it down, you wont believe it. (They also said with the mod tool kit you can turn the sharpness setting back up on the pc.) So much of the so called evidence of the downgrade has been shown to be either outright fabrication or misleading. Yet people would rather believe the lie because it makes them feel like they are opposing the oppressors.

People will readily believe a simple lie over a complicated truth.

Horse Dead Beaten.

User Learns Slow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuco

Forum veteran
Tough luck Tuco, its real. There is no difference between versions other than FPS and pop-ins..
Yeah... Look, just spare me the doom and gloom.
I could understand being critical of how CDPR handled the PR for this, but using that kind of "end of days" tone to whine for trivial garbage is just insulting for everyone with half a brain.

Beside, I just stopped watching a couple of hours of PC streaming (yeah, with the rumored magical day 1 patch) after following for several days few console streamings, so I know for a fact this has to be bullshit, as one looked remarkable better than the others.

Knowing what you kwon, i would choose neither. You know what i mean... came on, you dont own a 980 just for the show, so naturally you should back up studios that respect this.

So, any worthwile tips for OP on what version he should choose?

Or this thread will go the "you know which" way and soon have to be purged?

Top Bottom