Game Freezing when browsing through inventory

+
In about forty minutes of playing, the game has frozen three times in game, twice in the inventory screen, and twice, when launching into the game, has sut off my monitor. I've rolled back the nvidia drivers to 9.18.13.5012 from the new "optimized" version with no luck. Seriously frustrating. System should be able to handle it with no issues. Specs: AMD FX 8320 Eight Core CPU Gigabyte 970A-D3P 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 1600MHz DDR3 PC3-12800 Asus GTX 980 Strix 4GB

Been having the same issue. Crash on the scene with Geralt and Vesemir talking under a tree. GTX 980 16GB ram INTEL I54590.

Meh, turning off vsync didnt help. Fix asap, so disappointing to expect polished game and have this buggy mess

I'm having the same problem. It has now locked up three times, twice in the inventory and once while talking to the man about his brother who is dying on the battle field. I've had to ALT+TAB out of it and then open Task Manager, and Witcher 3 is showing as Not Responding. AMD 6300 3.50GHz 16GB DDR3 RAM GeForce GTX 760 Windows 8.1.1 I have just noticed that there is a new nVidia patch out today, will install it now.

Same here, seems like I can't open the inventory at all now - atleast, it seems to be more likely to crash the more items in your inventory you got :/

As soon as I open the invetory and 3 seconds has passed with me hovering over some of those items it pretty much just locks up - Guess I won't be playing until this is fixed then :(

I have the same problem multiple crash while in inventory/menu's and also cutscene crashes ie looking for brother on battlefield quest.

I got this issue as well, wanted to do a long stream of this, but no point when it freezes almost everytime I go into the inventory D:

I tried using borderless window earlier, but my frames just went down so much. Freaking weird. I'm using two 980s(which seems to overheat the back of my case) have 32GB of ram and the 8 core Vishera 4.0 GHZ cpu, so I'm way above recommended specs.

It seems like CD Projekt just has shaky releases at launch. We had major issues when Witcher 2 first came out and couldn't play for a few days because of similar problems.

Been a few hours so far, no freezes yet and I've been heavy into my inventory to try and get it to freeze again. Only things I've changed were 1. Turning off the controller vibration options (I am using mouse and keyboard, not controller so I figured it should be off anyways.) and 2.) I turned hardware cursor off.

Hopefully one of them was the problem, so far so good, but might just be a good spell.

It's not only inventory, happens when horseback riding too, just did for me. Freezes up solid, task manager to quit.

So I had a bunch of freezes while in inventory, but then I went and I changed the power setting:

go into the Nvidia Driver and to 3D Settings. Then choose Witcher 3 on program settings tab and set power management to prefer max performance

That also fixed the horse crashes

So I had a bunch of freezes while in inventory, but then I went and I changed the power setting:

go into the Nvidia Driver and to 3D Settings. Then choose Witcher 3 on program settings tab and set power management to prefer max performance

That also fixed the horse crashes
I tried it and other suggestions too, but so far nothing helped

Getting the same freeze where im going in the inventory and then it all stops. Will try Windowed borderless hope that will fix it, will report back if there is any solution i'll come up with.

Hope this gets fixed soon, this seems like a problem that needs a patch. It happens when in the inventory, something not intensive at all, don't think it's going to be fixed with some performance tweaks. The bug needs to be fixed.

I found a temporary solution for those inventory crashes. Don't browse inventory using your gamepad, use your mouse instead.

Top Bottom