Movement controls feel sluggish - any fix?

+
Movement controls feel sluggish - any fix?

Geralt steers like a tank, slow and cumbersome, similar to playing Dark Souls. I fired up Witcher 2 for comparison and movement is kinda more responsive, changing direction more snappy and immediate.

This is with M&K, haven't plugged in a gamepad yet. Is there any way to tweak this to bring it closer to TW2?

I'm supprised this isn't a huge thread on here, this is my biggest problem with the game so far

Gerald feels so sluggish to move around.

Im not sure it this is similar or not but on my Xbox he feels a bit sluggish and slow. Kind of reminds me of GTAV although it doesn't phase me that much, I would have thought being a witcher and none other then the White Wolf his reactions might have been a bit quicker.(?)

movements are bad even with controller. Geralt keep sliding everytime he stops running. He run into walls and object with crazy acceleration (even with joypad!) and movement are not precise at all. Feels like some heavy weight boxer on ice. It's kinda ridiculous to say the least. Remind me a lot of DAI movements. Seriously, who slides after runing? xD

Go to settings and turn on hardware acceleration, might require restarting the game. Fixed it for me.

Go to settings and turn on hardware acceleration, might require restarting the game. Fixed it for me.

What he said, and ditto. It fixed it for me.
Incidentally, it's in the VIDEO options, which is why I think people aren't seeing it.
(No, don't ask me why)

After playing about 3 hours, I think I came to the conclusion it's the animations. Combat feels fluid, but turning Geralt around to loot something takes a bit longer than necessary in my opinion. Or when you stand and start to run, it feels like it takes him a bit too long to get going.

I might be wrong though, sort of got used to it, but it would be nice if movement was a bit more responsive

What he said, and ditto. It fixed it for me.
Incidentally, it's in the VIDEO options, which is why I think people aren't seeing it.
(No, don't ask me why)

what is the hardware acceleration is supposed to fix? imprecision in movements or the input delay? It's not clear from the post above sorry :)

Could anyone answer my question thanks.

Could the hardware acceleration fix be done on consoles too or??

It seems to correct general sluggishness on the mouse. I have absolutely no idea what it actually does, some tech person may know. As far as I'm concerned, it was just a magic button that solved everything.

@AILD97 - It's specific to mice....?

I too have noticed a little bit slow response from Keyboard, and sometimes mouse moevment feels weird too. Thats my only complaint, other than that I am having a BLAST :D

No worries, thanks for the replies everyone.

I guess ill just have to check it out for myself when I get my next chance to play.

Curses WORK!!!

No worries, thanks for the replies everyone.

I guess ill just have to check it out for myself when I get my next chance to play.

Curses WORK!!!

I feel your pain, especially since I only slept two hours before strating playing, and went straight to work after almost 7 hours playing xD

That's the first thing I did when I started the game to fix the sluggish menu cursor. It doesn't do anything for Geralt's sluggish animations though. Try to move quickly from left to right, he doesn't switch direction immediately but slowly turns instead.

Ahh yes the joys of growing up. Work. Work and work! Haha

Well at least you have gotten that many hours in. I have only played max 3-4. Only just passed the Griphon fight and I have had it for two days now!!

Won't even be able to sleep as it will be all i can think of ahaha

Top Bottom