Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Guild Buddys think the same like you.
They dont bother to write anything here because they dont think CDPR give a single damn about it.
Im the only one here and i agree with you too, but i still have hope on the Game. Its simply too good to give up hope.
Just know you are not alone with your point of view.

Thanks.
There are many more that think like us, but many of them will think it's not really worth it to come and voice their dissapointment on the forums.
I hardly do it to. But in cases like this, I believe it has to be done.

I still have hope the game will be good too, I'm not saying I won't play it.
But I refuse to be a fanboy and close my eyes to certain behaviors.

---------- Updated at 12:41 PM ----------

It's the same thing as Watch Dogs. downgraded/removed some effects because it would cause perf issues on PC. forced us to tweak ini files to try and re-enable those features. Consoles are where the money is these days so cant relaly blame CDPR

I really can't see how developing for consoles is an excuse to deceive a loyal, friendly and supportive fanbase.

I also voiced the same concern as you m8..

Forget the graphics, it is about being misled... Yes gameplay matters, but it is 2015 now...should't the graphics matter as well?

Why do you blame the consumer when you promised something and you deliver a watered down version of it?Is it our fault that you raised our expectations so?

Anyhow, i really do hope that CDPR will release a patch that will restore the GFX to their 2013 level...

Otherwise we just have to wait for the modding community to take over.

P.S: Skyrim with 200+ mods, some of them even 4k resolution textures runs great on my 5 year old pc... So don;t say that they did this to "optimize" performance.. they did it to cater for the console crowds.

Even if they did say dead lines, PC Gamers would whine anyway. In a day & age of ingratitude a developer is damned if they do damned if they don't.

Lurker myself & from one thing I noticed PC Gamers only care about graphics, that's it. No Gameplay that's secondary.......

Absurd world we live in where we buy games just to stare at them.......

Gameplay > Graphics

PC Gamers =/= Logic.

You haven´t understand what´s this all about.

And i care alot about Gameplay AND Grafics, thats why i play on PC. That´s Logic.
But dont let us start some kind of Console vs PC, i want stay calm.

After reading this rant, I see that I'm not the only one ranting about the downgrade. I'll wait for the ultra+ patch or the modders to put some glasses on the devs. I'll wait for the NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, which will give me the real feeling of the true colors of Geralt's world I want to enjoy and be amazed. This is why I hate the downgrade. PC gamer talking here!

Back in 1990, the devs used to configure the graphic details for each GPU. Now, they're doing the total opposite. They ought to follow the way of creating the games close to the reality, and its story. If you combine them, you'll think that you see not only a RPG, but also a CGI movie. Take as example, Wolfenstein: TNO. It wasn't only a FPS. It was like I watched a war movie in a cinema.

The downgrade, for me, is like the most hated restriction called region-lock. Just like region-lock doesn't allow me to play the game I want, and as the double-edged sword it is it doesn't invest the devs with what they need, the money. The same is applied with the downgrade. The downgrade prevents me of enjoying Geralt's world.

Ummm. I'm afraid I won't be releasing anything as I'm not CDPR's employee.

I can only release myself now from voluntarily moderating this forum to playing the game a little bit.

You guys play nice. And stay on topic, of course. Witcher 3. Graphics.

how the hell do you even become a volenteer moderator, did they just send you a message one day asking you ? or did you ask them?

no that i ever want to be one by the way, no offense, was just curious.

oh and the graphics are great.

amfibiya89

Sure, there are guys at CDPR that really don't deserve to read complains like this. Wich reminded that this kind of behavior is also unfair to them.
It wasn't my idea to criticize the company as a whole, but it's impossible for us to know who made each decision.

It's the same thing as Watch Dogs. downgraded/removed some effects because it would cause perf issues on PC. forced us to tweak ini files to try and re-enable those features. Consoles are where the money is these days so cant relaly blame CDPR

while the PR disaster is comparable to WD, but WD is NO WHERE near as good as the witcher in term of story context and gameplay, i moded WD for months and i cant even start to tell you how much stuff they removed .. also alot of the things in the W3 final build are BETTER than the old demos like geralt model, the final Aiden model for WD looks 10 billion times worse than the E3 demos

Last edited:
I asked in wind thread and no answer. I am asking here too.

Do the wind effect to Igni sparkles similar to GDC video? I did not see anything similar from all videos.

And i want to note that Igni sparkles are worse than all demos. I mean they move very strange. With little pauses. Do not understand what is wrong with them.

i just found a video comparing the PS4 graphics with the PC on Ultra, with Day one patch. and they're practically the same 0.0

so basically you need a high end PC configuration to get the equivalent of a console which has mid-range tech at best ?

i mean marcin did confirm that the game will look better on PC and have exclusive features, but honestly i can barely notice a difference. very strange.

Last edited:
I can hardly focus on graphics with all the jittering about/horrible frame pacing. It's like reading a book while rolling over cobbles in a cart with square wheels.

So all of us who saved to spend on a decent machine, in order to enjoy the game to the max, got the short end of the stick?

And they dare say that the downgrade is not because they wanna cater to the Console crowds??

I can hardly focus on graphics with all the jittering about/horrible frame pacing. It's like reading a book while rolling over cobbles in a cart with square wheels.

So, not only we're not getting what they said they'd deliver but that its badly optimized as well?
If that's the case then it's worse than I thought...

@web-head91
I don't want offend you any way but did you not read the title of teh video before posting? It clearly says pre day1-patch.
And those are weird screenshots. Playing the game HBAO+ brings so much depth into foliage that is missing from ps4 version. Also character (especially their armor) textures and drawing distance are lot better.

In my opinion biggest change from 2013 is in art style that got very different. (and in my opinion better)

And for the record: yes, CDPR have been lying to us about some stuff and I really expected better from them, but the game itself is beyond my expectations

EDIT: @danwarb : are you running in fullscreen and unlimited fps (douple check those). I hd bad stuttering issues even though fps was over 50 but changing settings to unlimited fps and fullsreen (not borderless window which is default)
removed all stuttering

It's butter smooth now

Last edited:
@web-head91
I don't want offend you any way but did you not read the title of teh video before posting? It clearly says pre day1-patch.
And those are weird screenshots. Playing the game HBAO+ brings so much depth into foliage that is missing from ps4 version. Also character (especially their armor) textures and drawing distance are lot better.

In my opinion biggest change from 2013 is in art style that got very different. (and in my opinion better)

And for the record: yes, CDPR have been lying to us about some stuff and I really expected better from them, but the game itself is beyond my expectations

EDIT: @danwarb : are you running in fullscreen and unlimited fps (douple check those). I hd bad stuttering issues even though fps was over 50 but changing settings to unlimited fps and fullsreen (not borderless window which is default)
removed all stuttering

It's butter smooth now
it's alright friend ^^
no worries, and i'm kinda tired and probably misread that. i guess the video's not good at showing the differences between the PC and PS4 graphics.

i like how people compare a 4 years full of mods game with a vanilla game that has released not even a week ago xD ...

skyrim vanilla was pure aids on the eyes as well, far more than this game (even on consoles).

also, expecting photorealistic graphics or almost pre-rendered cgi-trailer graphics at this point is ridiculous as not even Titan X Sli systems would be able to run that shit, not even speaking about all those guys with theyr non-maxwell gpus out there whining about this stuff.

could some textures have been better? sure
could they have given us more options (like more particels etc)? sure
would people be happy if thay had done all that? no

why? cause ppl find something to bitch about on every freakin pixel these days ... never has an rpg been so good as a whole package and people are complaining about graphics that most of them couldnt even run?

just lol ... had to get this off my chest :)

i like how people compare a 4 years full of mods game with a vanilla game that has released not even a
week ago xD ...

skyrim vanilla was pure aids on the eyes as well, far more than this game (even on consoles).

also, expecting photorealistic graphics or almost pre-rendered cgi-trailer graphics at this point is ridiculous as not even Titan X Sli systems would be able to run that shit, not even speaking about all those guys with theyr non-maxwell gpus out there whining about this stuff.

could some textures have been better? sure
could they have given us more options (like more particels etc)? sure
would people be happy if thay had done all that? no

why? cause ppl find something to bitch about on every freakin pixel these days ... never has an rpg been so good as a whole package and people are complaining about graphics that most of them couldnt even run?

just lol ... had to get this off my chest :)

Sorry but we were told (and shown) that the game would look a certain way. It doesn't. We didn't imagine it.

Not to be provocative,
but aside of the academic interest of the points made,
what is the purpose of the anger?

The game is what it is.
It looks great (even on an 'Xbox LOL!')
I would question how realistic it would have been to achieve the '2013 demo'.

Why get bent out of shape about this?
It's comparable with other released games,
why not chill and enjoy the game, I'm sure CDPR get the feedback loud and clear,
and whether there has been a downgrade or not,
only their high ambition may have been at fault.

Else this thread will still be venting anger after 200 pages.

Bigger this thread get, the bigger chance we got cdpr doing anything about it. If everyone just settles for anything no progress will be made. And people are dissapointed with cdpr because we thought they cared about pc gamers. As it is atm they gave console 90% attention and pc 10%

Attachments

• ladies of wood 1.jpg
    ladies of wood 1.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 56
  • ladies of wood 2.jpg
    ladies of wood 2.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 35min demo.jpg
    35min demo.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 35min demo 2.jpg
    35min demo 2.jpg