• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
If you cant implement it right, dont implement it at all. in my opinion equipment degradation is a relic from past times of games and it was mainly used in some RPGs to artificially create a gold sink (no problem in TW3 at all, 20k gold and I did not yet set foot to skellige) and increase playtime. It's a mystery to me why this has made it into the game.

Sometimes realism should be dropped for game-design IMO, equipment degradation really adds nothing to the game, I never had problems maintaining my equipment, playing on hard difficulty.

I dont see anything complicated in crafting but I feel like gathering ingredients is waste of time. Reciepes require only 1-4 reagents and after done those reagents become useless. I would like to see crafting require much more stuff to build. Maybe as an optional feature for hardcore players?

I'll agree that it's a gameplay mechanic that probably shouldn't have made it into the game, but because it has no impact rather than too much impact: I found it was very rare that I ever had anything dip below 75% or so before I'd found something better (or at least as good) to replace it with; throughout the entire game I maybe used a couple of dozen repair kits and made one or two trips to the blacksmith. No idea what you're doing if things are degrading so fast that it's making the game unplayable...

(And yes, PS4.)

agree, the movement control / combat control is very weird.
Its not bad ! but... i'am not very confortable with.

Oh and the jump... it look so wrong ! Even you pass somes obstacle the animation like "fence jump" etc... it look very strange.
Even more after games like Watch dogs / GTA 5 where thoses kind of control / animation are flawless.

I upgrade equipment faster then it degrades to 50%

Are you staying out of combat or something? I'm playing on Hard and entering combat a lot, my weapons do degrade pretty fast but it's not been to much of an issue for me because I believe it just adds a little difficulty.

didnt played enought the game to experience the craft.

But the invertory.. is SO broken. just the material part ( plant / material ) all mixed together, its SO messy. never saw a so awfull inventory management in my life.
Mean like cant we have categories in the inventory ? like plants / metal / mobs drop .. etc. ( and same thing for other inventory tab )

Also, even when you use the "sort" button.. that thing doesnt even group identical items like if i have 250 item of the same plant, i will have 100 - 100 - 50 but they are not going to be next to each other...

That's so wrong... xD

This feature was very well implemented in the Witcher 1.

The game NEEDS a gold sink. Witchers are supposed to be on the verge of being broke at all times... since the game throws tons of gear at you and you don't need to purchase new gear much, there needs to be something that creates the need for you to take on more contracts to earn money. Degradation is perfectly fine the way it is.

With the amount of loot in this game, there has to be a money sink. Or you can go play Skyrim and have thousands of gold with nothing to spend on.

For me, the only problem with the controls is the key mapping. I wish they would allow a key to do two things. For example, E in combat should be mappable to something other than what it already does out of combat.

If the controls feel clunky to you and you're playing on PC, try limiting the frame rate to 30 or 60 fps. The RED engine seems to be overly optimistic in estimating its rendering times, resulting in stuttering behaviour. If you limit its frame rate you force it to assume a certain rendering time, usually resulting in a smoother experience and better controls.

Sorry Only Once, I know you've been hyped for The Witcher 3 since a very long time. Honestly I don't have high hopes for CP2077 and don't understand the hype for it.

I'm a PS4 (I will make the jump to PC soon though, will build my first PC soon WOOT! I7+970 or 980, can't decide, maybe 980 then over time work for 980 sli, just can't stand subpar graphics and NOT 60fps anymore ;;) player, and even I am not so ignorant to understand that if CP2077 isn't released on PC only, DAMN its gonna be very lacking in all departments. I don't know, it just seems like CP2077 is starting to be way too ambitious for its own good.
Yeah.. I hope to build my first pc by next year, I hope TW3 kinks are worked out by then and the mods are up :) I guess we'll see :)

Strange. I don't think equipment degrades too fast. Are you using signs when you attack? Are your enemies blocking you a whole lot? Are you using your repair kits?

Also, I don't agree that it adds nothing as a game play mechanic. It forces you to keep trying different weapons, and save the best weapons for the toughest encounters. You can find a lot of weapons as loot, so there's a lot you can trash on weaker opponents.

Top Bottom