• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
I kinda liked the new default Geralt's hairstyle. It surely wasn't the case with his default hairdo in the 2nd installment. I actually hated the fact that CDPR introduced so much stuff from other RPGs like:

1) Different harstyles. What is it the Sims???

2) Implementation of gloves, boots, pants. It's not Neverwinter Nights/Baldur's Gate/ Dragon Age/The Elder Scrolls, people! All you had was a leather jacket which was in line with the books.

3) A bunch of different armors and swords. In the 1st Witcher you've gone through 3 armors, 3 silver and 3 steel swords. And that was the whole charm - you didn't have to go out of your way to get new crap, character advancement was more important and had more of an impact than new clothes or toys.

The original Witcher was so minimalistic in that regard and it made more of a focus on the story and the environment.

Case in point.

Attachments

• witcher.jpg
    witcher.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Hello CD Projekt Red, congratulations on your best game ever. This masterpiece will go down in history as 'the' RPG that redefined the genre. A next generation experience, finally realized for the RPG genre.

Besides the best visual experience I have ever had in a video game, you guys developed a living and breathing world that sucked me in as soon as I first started controlling Geralt.

Greatly polished animations (untypical for an RPG, look at the awkward animations of Skryrim for example), a stunning flora and fauna, detailed and authentic NPC's with daily behaviour, children (yes, many open world games have no children!), an astonishing soundtrack with great sounding exotic instruments like the turkish 'saz', dynamic ambient music, high quality sound effects and a superb voice over.

The Witcher 3 is the first game that delivers lip synchronization in other languages besides English. How the hell did you guys achieve this? I played in English and German, both are perfectly lip synched?! GREAT!!! What an attention to detail!

The story pacing is brilliant, the characters are well designed and written. The cities and villages are so believably designed that one might think they'd really exist. The world is indescribably detailed and filled with interesting things - without being annoying like in most recent open world games. The day/night cycle is not too short, making the exploring much more relaxing.

Thanks for not implementing torturing fetch quests (cough, Dragon Age Inquisition, cough) and instead giving us superb main and - more importantly - impeccable sidequests! Influential decisions are unmatched, the dialogue is mature and humorous at the same time, written in an extremely (!) eloquent way, at least in German (I studied German philology btw.)

The improvements of the combat system are just terrific (Witcher 2's combat is a joke compared to this), the gore and violence is stunningly realistic and fits the dark and mature atmosphere perfectly. Leasure activities like horse races and fist fights fit well, too. They don't feel misplaced (Far Cry anyone?). The card game Gwent deserves an award for itself. So elaborate and strategic, backed up by beautiful slavic music. I almost spend as much time as normal gameplay with Gwent. You guys are geniuses!

The alchemy system is funny and innovative as well, documents aren't too long (like in Skyrim), hell this is a game and not a novel after all! That's how books and documents in games should be like - one or two pages at best. Very commendable!

But what I'm most grateful of is the customazition of the HUD. I disabled everything except the minimap and what shall I say - THANK YOU CD PROJEKT! This little detaile tripled the immersion for me. Most other recent games don't allow to turn off their eyesore!

I could write 10 pages about why this game is the best piece of art I have played in 20 years of my gaming career. Thank you CD Projekt, honestly. You guys have hearts and are dedicated to gamers. I wish there were more intelligent and talented developers like you out there. You guys are unique in the gaming industry and deserve millions of sold copies as well as the game of the year award.

Unfortunately, your ambitious project is not free of some mistakes and problems. I can imagine how hard it must be to not overlook one or another issue, but nevertheless, I want to ask you kindly for at least reading my points of complaint. Some of them sadly made me stop playing the game (like headache from the small font size) and others just frustrated me indescribably (like the penetrant auto center function of the camera).

Here follows a list of what discomforts me the most at the moment. I hope this will be acknowledged and adressed with upcoming patches. If I see any of these kind 'requests' implemented in future patches, then rest assured CD Projekt that I will buy your season pass instantaneously. Because then you deserve it!

(To be continued)

---------- Updated at 04:34 AM ----------

So here it is:

Please give us an option to increase the font size of the inventory/glossary/bestiary etc.

Please (!) implement a menu option to disable the auto center function of the foot and horse camera (both vertically and horizontally), allowing a permanent adjustment by the player without being reset after 2 seconds. As of now, the standard camera angle is focused too much on the ground (both, Geralt and horse camera)

Please fix the 'horse walking animation-stuttering' (widely known issue) and give us an option to set the horse camera in a zoomed out position while walking slow (like in the 35 min. gameplay presentation video)

Please give us:

An option to disable the auto draw and auto holster function for Geralt's swords

An option to automatically fade out Geralt's health bar when not in combat mode (even when the health bar is not completely full!)

An option to disable the short info messages regarding the dealt and received damage, effects and picked up items at the bottom left corner of the screen

Please:

Decrease Geralt's hair movement in buildings

Increase the volume of the 'swimming sound' while Geralt swims on the surface (it's way too silent at the moment!)

Increase the timer of corpses/limbs/body parts being visible on the ground (or make them only disappear after the player reaches a great distance to them)

Increase the time of visible blood puddles beneath corpses (equal duration time to corpses)

Increase the duration time of blood splatter and flesh particles equal to the current duration time of blood puddles

Do the same for blood pools in the water

Add blood stains to Geralt's swords and red tinted boot stomp on the ground when he walks through a blood puddle

Add blood stains to Geralt's clothes after a fight (like in Bloodborne) only to disappear after changing clothes, swimming or when raining.

Add flesh wounds on enemies' bodies (after a stab finishing move for instance)

Add missing ragdoll physics, blood stains/wounds, possible dismemberments and blood puddles (after death) to ANIMAL ENEMIES like wolves, bears, dogs, wearwolves etc.

Add blood effects to ghouls and alghouls, golems, gargoyles, silvanes etc. (they are not bleeding out currently)

Overthink the system of the item management. Currently, we have to scroll down 10 seconds to drink a potion as many of us have tons of documents in our way

An entire segment for potions like in this early Witcher 3 build would be perfect:

http://postimg.org/image/thyo6l735/

Add an animation where Geralt meditates, behind him the rising sun and moon (like in the earlier build and gameplay material)

Add an animation when drinking potions like in The Witcher 2 as well as animations for sharpening his sword and hardening his armor

Add a subtle animation when Geralt loots objects

Add a chest to store less useful items (like books and notes)

Again, I and many others in this forum would appreciate the effort if these 'requests' were adressed by you guys sooner or later. The sells of your season pass would go up instantaneously, believe me. I would consider buying the season pass even if you only fixed the auto center of the player camera and the font size. Come on CDPR, show us once again that you are a trustworthy developer. I ask you guys from gamer to gamer, please don't let us hanging!

Last edited:
Hekkton, now that you mention the animation, animation of Geralt dying is funny and not in a good way.

---------- Updated at 01:43 PM ----------

Please (!) implement a menu option to disable the auto center function of the foot and horse camera (both vertically and horizontally), allowing a permanent adjustment by the player without being reset after 2 seconds. As of now, the standard camera angle is focused too much on the ground (both, Geralt and horse camera)

An option to disable the auto draw and auto holster function for Geralt's swords

An option to automatically fade out Geralt's health bar when not in combat mode (even when the health bar is not completely full!)

Do the same for blood pools in the water

Add blood stains to Geralt's swords

Add blood stains to Geralt's clothes after a fight (like in Bloodborne) only to disappear after changing clothes, swimming or when raining.

Add flesh wounds on enemies' bodies (after a stab finishing move for instance)

Overthink the system of the item management. Currently, we have to scroll down 10 seconds to drink a potion as many of us have tons of documents in our way

An entire segment for potions like in this early Witcher 3 build would be perfect:

http://postimg.org/image/thyo6l735/

Add an animation where Geralt meditates, behind him the rising sun and moon (like in the earlier build and gameplay material)

Add an animation when drinking potions like in The Witcher 2 as well as animations for sharpening his sword and hardening his armor

A chest to store less useful items (like books and notes)

Again, I and many others in this forum would appreciate the effort if these 'requests' were adressed by you guys sooner or later. The sells of your season pass would go up instantaneously, believe me. I would consider buying the season pass even if you only fixed the auto center of the player camera and the font size. Come on CDPR, show us once again that you are a trustworthy developer. I ask you guys from gamer to gamer, please don't let us hanging!

Bravo! I agree 100% with those point in bold. Man I haven't even seen the meditation animation, just heard game journalists go on and on about how awesome it is.

Intentional Delayed Reaction

More realistic character momentum definitely adds to the immersion, but I think it should be optimized a bit for more responsive combat. It should stand out most in non life threatening situations where input lag is irrelevant and we have time to appreciate the added aesthetic, not when trying to carefully time our griffin dodges. The animations can still flow together smoothly, but I would appreciate a quick combat reaction right after pressing a button much much more than perfectly realistic momentum. Shadow of Mordor would be a good reference for what I'm talking about.

By the way, this is my favorite game EVER!

Please add a better antialiasing, or do something with it... I can't stand the aliasing during the day time, it felt like the antialiasing are off.BTW, I'm using 1080p monitor.

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but an inventory management issue is occurring for me where, even if I close or minimize a certain area tab (let's say alchemy substances) under the Alchemy tab, when I go back out of the menu and into it again, everything is re-maximized. I want it to REMEMBER how I left it the last time. It's easier to navigate without having all of those tabs open. Thanks.

Also, usable items to regenerate health should reappear within the hotkey window on the HUD if, after you run out, you pick one up again. This saves the time of having to go back into the inventory menu to pick another one out, when it's already going to go through your list anyway once you equip the first item.

Last edited:
For the love of god... revamp the dang economy/ money... I am so tired of having to pick up loot to the point where I have a million items and they are all only work 1 or 2 gold!!! I mean seriously a gold ring.... 1 gold.... a silver ingot or steel ingot....one gold!!!! This is making me put the game down for a while.. if junk like this keeps up I will not be purchasing any more from this series period!!

Did you ever think that perhaps I exhausted all of my food supplies while trying to defeat multiple boss level enemies? The quest I had just completed when I made this post was "Wandering in the Dark." What is your suggestion? If I don't defeat an enemy with barely any damage then I should load a save and fight it again?

No I think you should stop blaming everyone BUT YOURSELF for entering a dungeon without ample food. I carry over 50 food all the time. I buy, loot and hunt (aka kill dog/wolves for raw meat) for food if I ever drop below this mark. Why? Because I know full well how vital food is.

{quote]I think what you are failing to understand is that this does NOT increase the difficulty one bit. All it does is waste time. If I am out of supplies then that is my only option. With the +10 vitality per second perk, restoring is sped up greatly, even in most parts of that quest, but it still requires a boring wait as there is nowhere else to go except forward in that quest. Tougher monsters that deal more damage = harder difficulty. Weapons that degrade quicker = more difficulty (I am not necessarily a fan of this, but I can deal with it) Having to eat to avoid starvation if that were the case in this game = harder difficulty Less items or less valuable items found in loot = harder difficulty More monsters = harder difficulty More intelligent AI (willing to block/dodge more strikes) = harder difficulty Having to wait forever for your health bar to fill so you can continue on an otherwise impossible quest = nothing to do with difficulty and a waste of time. Unless, again, you expect I should reload my save after every battle where I take significant damage. As a note, there would be no complaint if there was absolutely no vitality regeneration. Then we could go back to the old days of looking for health kits (consumables). But this game DOES have health regeneration and therefore, waiting for it to regeneration during large quests is lame and boring.

/snip[/quote]

LMAO. Not being able to regen by meditating DOES increase difficulty because it requires you use food to do so, this means you WILL have less money because you have to carry food to regain vitality which means you have to buy food or you can't sell food you find. Not being able to sell food is equal to less loot which you clearly states increases difficulty. So by your OWN standards of what makes things difficult this does increase the difficulty.

If you fail to bring the right tools for the job that is on you. And you blaming CDPR for you not bringing food is equivalent of pissing into the wind and screaming at the universe because you are getting wet. You failed to plan correctly and instead of GOING BACK and getting food you refuse to. Instead you sat there seething at CDPR for not designing their highest difficulty setting for being unforgiving towards poor planning.

It is so clear to me that you have to either lower the difficulty or accept that food is vital.

@Shewaslvl18

As i have said in my prvious post....

"at no point did i say enemies needed to give exp because the player didnt have enough exp. I said killing enemies is pointless and unfulfulling and it would be a better more rewarding/enjoyable game if they gave it because then there would be a reason to fight and actually play the game.This would likely include decreasing the amount given by quests to compensate/balance so it would not be easier; in future games. Also why i said it should be optional for fanboys..."

@GlitzyTomb

Logical fallacies invalidate any argument in any context because if any fallacious argument is given merit, an infinite number of other possible arguments (many mutually exclusive) can also be given merit by the same reasoning. because of inflation that means any and all of these ideas have 0 evidential support and are all equally worthless. Thats what it means to be a fallacy.

And again my perspective is coming form fact not opinion, if you run past the enemies instead of fighting them = more money, less time, same exp... every fight you run past skips 3+ min of potential gameplay. thus the game objectively promotes running past enemies... simply by adding decent exp for enemies add hours of gameplay

" conscious design choice" = plea to authority, the fact someone choose to make it that way doesnt make it right. with the same justification you can justify all decision by EA, Ubisoft, Konami,Activision, and the awful steam greenlight games... that argument doesnt work

Ref: Jimqusition

If you play a game and dislike something about it, you can criticize it... criticizing things is important for society so that things can be improved, this is the origin of the first amendment... If your criticism is shared and lots of people agree with it its an indication it should probably be changed. Without the ability to criticize ideas society as a while stagnates.

Ref: the middle east, pre reformation Christianity, pre reformatio judaism, etc... If game companies were not allowed to be criticized they would not improve.

Last edited:
No, not really at all. I dont see where this would.fit into this game at all. In Whitcher3, some slopes you can scale, others ya cant, all depends on pitch. Hunters dont free climb walls and structures, they setup and go in for the kill.

Anyway, I want that CD PROJEKT RED will make it possible to suceed all my stuff and skill points after I watched the end.
I think that a gamer shouldn't get stress to take all that stuff again when he try to explore all story in this game.

For the love of god... revamp the dang economy/ money... I am so tired of having to pick up loot to the point where I have a million items and they are all only work 1 or 2 gold!!! I mean seriously a gold ring.... 1 gold.... a silver ingot or steel ingot....one gold!!!! This is making me put the game down for a while.. if junk like this keeps up I will not be purchasing any more from this series period!!

I actually like the fact that Geralt is constantly hard up for cash. It is in line with the books. I'm seriously thinking of not buying some super duper new armor but instead upgrading witcher armor - first off it looks like it belongs to the witcher and not any other soldier from any other country, and second - you'd save some cash that way.

Wow. That is so much better than the current version. Someone needs to mod that in the second REDkit comes out.

Indeed (or the devs need to implement it in an official patch or something along with the meditation thingie).

Psst, does anybody think that maybe CDPR might have deliberately cut those things (meditation, UI) so as to have something to tempt gamers with when Enhanced Edition comes out? I'd really hate to think so.

Last edited:
Between that one and the actual, I see no big difference. We need a pc one. A list with different things you can order by. And a search option. Like SKYUI mod for skyrim.

Many players still think PC complains about console made games because of the graphics. I complain because of the shitty UI games get because of consoles. Don't care about a bit better graphics.

For me, functionality is more critical. Thankfully I play on PC; but seriously, I think they spent too much time in front of a PC & it really takes like 10 sec to see how rediculous small the fonts & thumbnails can be if you play on console using a TV.

They have a whole screen, but for some reason, decided to make the thumbnails & fonts unnecesserily small. You could double the size of fonts & thumbnails & they still fit into the screen & not cluttered.

Last edited:
The problem with the current version UI is the fact that your equipped items take up a third of the inventory screen at all times. 2/3 if you count Geralt's paper doll. This results in the actual inventory part of the inventory screen being horribly cluttered.

Just let me read anything that alone would be a huge improvement.

Even with using a software screen zoom at times i need binoculars to read stuff.

Top Bottom