Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of derp in this thread is astounding.

If you are perfectly happy with TW3 visual quality, just ignore thoses kind of topic. I dont see why you would need to waste your time if you think everything is "derp" in this thread. Be "smarter". And let ppl in their own "derp"... Just saying ;)

Because he's right seems like all u guys care about is the graphics and that's it what about story and game play...some witcher fans u guys are lol

No one only care about graphic only because graphic dont make great game.. See the order : this game only have graphic, its a trash game.
But you need to understand that CDPR SOLD their game with bullshit graphic like " look how our game look awesome, look the graphic.. bla bla bla"
nearly 80% of their communication about the game was about the graphic and how the game look awesome.. So its not hard to figure out why now ppl are bashing the actual game visual.

If CDPR didnt spended SO much time speaking about their bullshit graphic, no one would bash them for that. easy to understand no ? :]

Why would you not cancel once you knew the graphics were not the same, Its not like it was a secret. I don't get people. Better to complain than to play something that meets your expectations? What a waste of life/time on the planet. Wait until you get older and realize how fast it all goes by. Speaking of not wasting time... time for more Witcher 3. I feel sorry fpr the people waiting until the smoke matches the video from 2013, hope your not one of the 151,600 people who die each day.

Maybe because ppl still want to play the game for the game itself. And point out to CDPR they are not idiot.
But now CDPR clearly show themself as liar and as a dishonest studio. And its a bit hit for them who was well knowed as "honest" and "taking care of their players"
But sure, with their lie they had tons of preorder and money.. But now, have fun for the futur at see how they desapointed tons of their players.

Last edited:
I'm over being mad now. CDPR have absolutely killed all their goodwill and the second they start boasting about caring and putting players first i will tear them to the ground as its just a lie..

But even though we got a console game, and somehow xbox people, probably the people the least likely to use physical gwent cards got instead of everyone else in the collectors..

Went from guaranteed preorder to guaranteed steam sale. Hopefully i don't get tempted to start pirating games again out of spite. Guess what CDPR.. no drm only works when you have the respect of the community.. know whats going to happen now? Oh yeah consoles, i forgot.

Well, we have what we have, but there is no more love. And CDPR was the one who broke it off.. given they send their children to school from this relationship why they did this is insane.

Guest 3573786

Well, we have what we have, but there is no more love. And CDPR was the one who broke it off.. given they send their children to school from this relationship why they did this is insane.

Maybe they feel the players they gain by keeping the console fans happy are worth the loss of some pc players over all this.
I'm just sad I no longer have a developer team I can call "my favorite"

Maybe they feel the players they gain by keeping the console fans happy are worth the loss of some pc players over all this.
I'm just sad I no longer have a developer team I can call "my favorite"

If it wasn't possible to do both you might have had a point. I've fixed the graphical downgrade enough that i'm happy with the graphics.. but the console hud and gameplay that was so obviously only designed for analog game controllers i can't fix. I guess i still find it rude that "supporting" the pc turned out to be allowing LOWER detail settings than the console to adjust for hardware spec.. the maximum is the same on all platforms. Even the large american publishers of evil know and DO better than this.

I could even live with that if they didn't come out and claim to support the pc as its own platform.. they did this a number of times thoughout development.. It must be stupidity, because in most human cultures lieing and misrepresentation are strongly looked down upon.

Your version of the game looks fantastic the way it is. Your version is still superior to the console versions for crying out loud, but your still complaining. This boggles my mind and when they announced the console versions, Microsoft scooped in to buy the advertising rights and is also why the Xbox version of the collectors edition had the gwent cards for those who on pc were expecting the gwent cards to be in their version of the collectors edition. Also it very well seems CDPR is going to start patching stuff in to improve your graphics which in turn they have said they are going to try to do as well to the console versions to try to make it up to you guys.

In all honestly though you guys probably would have still complained about your version anyways even if it was to your liking, because then possibly you would be complaining even more about a broken game since that could have very well happened if the game looked like it was when announced, but since I have been gaming for years I knew this game wouldn't have looked as good as when it was announced.

So in all reality for future reference games most of the time never look as good when they are announced. It would be awesome if they looked better than when they were announced, but history has shown people will always complain about things even if it is minor.

I'm over being mad now. CDPR have absolutely killed all their goodwill and the second they start boasting about caring and putting players first i will tear them to the ground as its just a lie..

But even though we got a console game, and somehow xbox people, probably the people the least likely to use physical gwent cards got instead of everyone else in the collectors..

Went from guaranteed preorder to guaranteed steam sale. Hopefully i don't get tempted to start pirating games again out of spite. Guess what CDPR.. no drm only works when you have the respect of the community.. know whats going to happen now? Oh yeah consoles, i forgot.

LOL sorry buddy i dont want to burst your bubble but CDPR will be fine with or without your 60 bucks , the majority of their fans dont care about what you seem to think is a first world problem. people WILL keep buying their games because ....well they make them great , your wish would only come through if all of the sudden they stopped making good games ........so yea i believe their children's tuition will be fine. lol if companies like EA still sell shit ton of games despite deceiving people year in and year out do you honestly believe that a company who has been honest with us 99% of the time will go bankrupt because of 1 tiny mistake ? if so you then you are delusional .

If it wasn't possible to do both you might have had a point. I've fixed the graphical downgrade enough that i'm happy with the graphics.. but the console hud and gameplay that was so obviously only designed for analog game controllers i can't fix. I guess i still find it rude that "supporting" the pc turned out to be allowing LOWER detail settings than the console to adjust for hardware spec.. the maximum is the same on all platforms. Even the large american publishers of evil know and DO better than this.

I could even live with that if they didn't come out and claim to support the pc as its own platform.. they did this a number of times thoughout development.. It must be stupidity, because in most human cultures lieing and misrepresentation are strongly looked down upon.

Are you saying that the PC version looks the same as or worse than the console version? If you are than you obviously haven't played it on max settings, because it looks way better on PC than on the Xone or PS4.

Love the game, but it's understandable that people are angry when you show them this and then you take it away.

Yeah I don't think they should have shown anything that early. They should've known that whatever they showed would have been a lot better than the final product.

Yeah I don't think they should have shown anything that early. They should've known that whatever they showed would have been a lot better than the final product.

They had a vision of a totally different game and had to change it all to adapt it to console capacities. It's a very sad thing that these consoles came out with such outdated hardware from the start ( I own a ps4 btw, and would have loved to see footage of the glorious full capacity pc version, if just for the sake of technological advancement)

. lol if companies like EA still sell shit ton of games despite deceiving people year in and year out do you honestly believe that a company who has been honest with us 99% of the time will go bankrupt because of 1 tiny mistake ? if so you then you are delusional .

Course not, what's new is that CDPR wasn't ranked with EA until now. That change is what's shocking everyone, who knows maybe CDPR will be the next naughty dog.. actually take that back naughty dog haven't done the smoke and mirrors act with players.

---------- Updated at 04:18 AM ----------

Your version of the game looks fantastic the way it is. Your version is still superior to the console versions for crying out loud, but your still complaining.

No really its not.. yes there is an element of in every other game in history pc's do look better.. so the fact that w3 has the quality capped at console level is a strong shock. Especially coming from CDPR's history as a PC developer.. Console people rejoyce.. only CDPR loves your platform.. EA/activision they all have minor bumps for the pc version.. makes them look like angels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fUGFmmikn4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tdG7xC4SLc

Its another expectation thing.. CDPR have a face they hard built over many years and many great games.. but during W3 they CHANGED.. and DIDN'T TELL ANYONE.. and worst of all MADE PUBLIC STATEMENTS SUPPORTING THEY WERE STILL LIKE THEY WERE. CDEA no problems but they still say with words they're not. If the game is corrected then perhaps but as it stands now they did literally deliver a console game into PC players hands..

Look who cares, but you can't deny what they've done. That's fanboy delusion.

With the sentiments more or less tranquilized, I now only wonder when will the PC patches come to improve the graphics. As Marcin Iwinski said in the Eurogamer interview on downgrade: "And for those who are still not 100 per cent decided, I definitely encourage them to wait and see what we will be releasing in patches, updates and whatnot."

The question I have (and for the community) is: first, do you trust the statement above? Second, how much graphical improvements from patches would make your hard feelings vanish?

They did lie. And yes it is our own fault for trusting them. I assure you I won't do that again with Cdprojekts.
again, noone forced you to buy the game. Its your own fault, not our fault. I never felt decieved nor lied to. I got what I paid for, I could have cancelled my preorder any time, but I didnt since gameplay is far more important to me than graphics. and those graphics still looks really good in the downgraded version

Last edited:
Personally I find the agrument that gameplay is great so we should not complain about the visuals or downgrade, or anything negative about the game is poor. Its like saying the car performance great, so you shouldn't complain about the navigation system. We should be able to applause the performance of the car, & at the same time, we should be able to complain about the Navigation system. You buy a car due to its overall package, & as the car owner, you have every right to complain & demand improvement (if possible) if the navigation system keep losing signal, no matter how good the sum of the car is.

Complaining about something of a game doesn't mean you hate it, or the game is horrible.

Anyway,
This is Arcania, panned for its visuals, but supposely the game is 6 years old, but you will need to convince me the foliage of Witcher is much better than this. Flat, 2D cardboard-ish

This is dragon age, a cross gen game. I put over 100 hours & I do not remeber once where the grass looks like cardboard sprites

(On a side note, notice how light react to the character giving the character volume in the DA:I image).

If CDPR can at least fixed the foliage, I think I will be happy enough on the visual front.

Last edited:
guys , please do remeber thst not everyone has a titan x or 980. so optimizations are welcomed more than graphics(although , i agree that the game looks good , but not near the SOD/35 min trailer
lets wait and see

The honest truth though, I'm so into doing stuff while playing that I don't even really care about the graphics that much. Game really sucks me into its world and time just flies.

guys , please do remeber thst not everyone has a titan x or 980. so optimizations are welcomed more than graphics(although , i agree that the game looks good , but not near the SOD/35 min trailer
lets wait and see

They can just have a UHD Texture/meshes for faces , foilage and buildings + Lighting Tweak Patch . Just call it UberUltraMode Setting and have a message that says this is meant for HIGH END Rigs , like what Ubersampling did for the Witcher 2.

---------- Updated at 08:07 AM ----------

Personally I find the agrument that gameplay is great so we should not complain about the visuals or downgrade, or anything negative about the game is poor. Its like saying the car performance great, so you shouldn't complain about the navigation system. We should be able to applause the performance of the car, & at the same time, we should be able to complain about the Navigation system. You buy a car due to its overall package, & as the car owner, you have every right to complain & demand improvement (if possible) if the navigation system keep losing signal, no matter how good the sum of the car is.

Complaining about something of a game doesn't mean you hate it, or the game is horrible.

Anyway,
This is Arcania, panned for its visuals, but supposely the game is 6 years old, but you will need to convince me the foliage of Witcher is much better than this. Flat, 2D cardboard-ish

This is dragon age, a cross gen game. I put over 100 hours & I do not remeber once where the grass looks like cardboard sprites

(On a side note, notice how light react to the character giving the character volume in the DA:I image).

If CDPR can at least fixed the foliage, I think I will be happy enough on the visual front.

I really don't know why everyone has a hardon for the foilage , seriously they nerfed the meshes/textures for the Main Characters , did lowered lighting effect and removed the soft particles . Those should be added in TOO. Watch the Sword of Destiny trailer .

And No , I think the game looks Ok , Its a very good game mechanically and storywise I love it. I just want it to look better and we all know it can.

They can just have a UHD Texture/meshes for faces , foilage and buildings + Lighting Tweak Patch . Just call it UberUltraMode Setting and have a message that says this is meant for HIGH END Rigs , like what Ubersampling did for the Witcher 2.

actually , uber didnt make a difference unless you zoomed right into the scene.

I agree about changing the lighting though .. it needs to be improved more than others

I mean people who complain about not having high end hardware , Witcher 2 Had Ubersampling which was meant for future hardware , this game would benefit from such settings where future PC would be able to run them smoothly , it lets you experience the game in a new light.

actually , uber didnt make a difference unless you zoomed right into the scene.

I agree about changing the lighting though .. it needs to be improved more than others

lighting & foliage, & I am good as far as visual. Gameplay wise, I have little to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom