Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he's right seems like all u guys care about is the graphics and that's it what about story and game play...some witcher fans u guys are lol

im still sad how CDPR lied to us PC gamers especially :( yeah nothing against the game itself but the way CDPR did it and didnt show ultra settings so they can collect pre-orders like maniacs ;).

im still sad how CDPR lied to us PC gamers especially :( yeah nothing against the game itself but the way CDPR did it and didnt show ultra settings so they can collect pre-orders like maniacs ;).

nonsense, they never lied to us, since they never promised anything. They showed us plenty of gameplay footage before release, enough time to cancel one's preorder. No wonder why a lot of companies abandon pc gaming, since a lot of pcgamer are simply to cocky. Just so you know I own a pc too. I dont play on console, but atleast i am spoiled.

I found this on another forum and from what it seems a lot of essential features were cut
https://i.4cdn.org/vg/1432482685229.webm
CDPR downgraded some things for consoles that they didn't have to downgrade for PC. The game looks great but don't let them get away with it completely by feigning ignorance.

Here are some things they downgraded justifiably for performance purposes:
Tessellated ground(might get patched in)
Screen space reflections
Forward lit soft particles
Volume based translucency
Flexible water simulation(tesselation)
Semi volumetric clouds

Here is a list of things they did NOT have to downgrade:
Advanced and constant depth of field shader
Sign particle effects
Subsurface scattering and generally more reflective metallics
Combat camera shake
Ambient occlusion on plants
Convincing and gratuitous pools of blood that 'realistically' floated on water
Subtle and high quality lens flares
Geralt's face
Several in-game scenes like the Wild Hunt attacking the town and the introduction to the emperor of Niilfgard
Aerial perspective fog
Many textures in Novigrad
Many environment models in Novigrad
Interior lighting
The bloom shader
The way drowners look, they actually look like terrible now
The lighting in general

What else?

Sources, everything is in the videos:
https://youtu.be/3SpPqXdzl7g
https://youtu.be/Fm7S18Tqyec
https://youtu.be/dtllw4sRXp8
https://youtu.be/Q-9t8ppBDLU
https://youtu.be/kpP8BRE63PY
http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=0

Last edited:
nonsense, they never lied to us, since they never promised anything. They showed us plenty of gameplay footage before release, enough time to cancel one's preorder. No wonder why a lot of companies abandon pc gaming, since a lot of pcgamer are simply to cocky. Just so you know I own a pc too. I dont play on console, but atleast i am spoiled.

False. People were asking if that was PC on ultra and they said they were "Saving it for a big surprise" and it would "Look even better than VGX/SoD trailers".
The big surprise part was true though...

False. People were asking if that was PC on ultra and they said they were "Saving it for a big surprise" and it would "Look even better than VGX/SoD trailers".

That´s what they said.
Teslation, particel effects dynamic smoke. The Game is beautifull, no doubt, but i miss those features.
I for myself give CDPR some more Weeks to bring more patches and simply dont believe future Trailers and Informations.
One Day, the Gaming Industry will have to answer for their Lies in general until than i just enjoy what they gave us. At least the Story ect. was all true.

Last edited:
source?
however, this doesnt change the fact that they have NOT decieved us. They have shown us plenty of gameplay footage before release, enough time for anybody to demand refund. If you feel betrayed than its your own fault. So dont blame CDPR

False, they did lie. They didnt show us PC on Ultra because they wanted our chin drop when we see it the first time ourself. So everyone like me thought we saw Console Version or PC on lower settings in the later Trailers..but, well this Horse is beaten already.

---------- Updated at 09:55 PM ----------

source?
however, this doesnt change the fact that they have NOT decieved us. They have shown us plenty of gameplay footage before release, enough time for anybody to demand refund. If you feel betrayed than its your own fault. So dont blame CDPR

Hmmm ok. You are not the kind of Person who listen to Facts. Oke than.

I bought the game because of the 2013 graphics that made the hype, the best they can do is to rework the pc version for better results.. Witcher became popular on PCs and deserves better graphics.. If they didn't have the budget why they didn't work the PC version only then the consols?.. like rockstar did with GTAV but vice versa, it took two years more but they released one of the best looking open world games for PCs.. such a same.. the game and the story is more than fine but they were waiting until the release to admit the obvious..

Why would you not cancel once you knew the graphics were not the same, Its not like it was a secret. I don't get people. Better to complain than to play something that meets your expectations? What a waste of life/time on the planet. Wait until you get older and realize how fast it all goes by. Speaking of not wasting time... time for more Witcher 3. I feel sorry fpr the people waiting until the smoke matches the video from 2013, hope your not one of the 151,600 people who die each day.

Witcher 2 had a much smaller world space that dynamically loaded, vs Witcher 3 which is more akin to Oblivion/Skyrim..In the Witcher 2 -especially in the wooded areas where all these screens are from-, had no background objects that loaded in the same scene, couple that fact that all the objects used varying LODs that loaded dynamically in relation to a world space much smaller than W3, so of course you'd be able to have more detailed scenes, as for Witcher 3, the LOD are much farther in relation to the world space so it would be too much of a burden on most people's PCs to support such concentrated detail as the W2, unlike those fortunate few whose rigs already run on diesel fuel! :cool: .

...But we'll get a better idea once the SDK is out.

---------- Updated at 10:25 PM ----------

"...Wait until you get older and realize how fast it all goes by...."

Could not agree with you more, youth IS wasted on the young indeed!

can we have an official sweetfx like color changing option?

I love the witcher 3, great game so far but I and many others playing on pc dislike the overly colorful default look The witcher 3 launched with. luckily this is easily fixed with various sweetfx mods to change the colors to make the game darker and grittier, more suited to the games mood. but in years time these mods might be hard to come by and it's kinda annoying going through all the different sweetfx mods to try and find the one that you think looks the best, so how about a way of doing this officially in the games menu!? Also since these sweetfx mods seem to be fairly light on resources there may be a way of doing it for ps4 and xbone gamers too!?I personally couldnt give a monkeys about quality of fire, textures etc being better, the main issue for me is the default color pallet.

Last edited:
I say wait for the people who does the modding to improve the graphics since then you will have people solely focusing on one platform. Remember CDPR also had to work on the console versions so I would have already have guessed that they're not gonna achieve what you pc gamers want, and you people should have already known by now that games have really never looked as good as when they were announced because in the end they may had to tone things down to achieve their goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom