Far too much slidey rubbish

+
Far too much slidey rubbish

It's beyond a joke. Sliding because you failed or are not supposed to go up a slope, fine. But when the slide ends up with you three miles from where you started... that's just taking the pish a wee bit too much :/

It always reminds me of Iceman from the original X-Men... or that stupid bit in the LoTR movies where Legolas surfs on his shield down a staircase.

This is actually quite funny. Would the animations of the main character be simple, precise, and without any momentum, a whole different crowd would swarm the forums asking for more realistic movement. You can never please everyone I guess...

The animation is quite complex, you can feel the momentum of the movement and have to count with it.

styku

Forum regular
It made me save/load once or twice to skip the long way around, but in general I like the idea. A step in the right direction towards more realistic exploration if you ask me. And obviously, when you start sliding, you just can't stop in the middle of a steep slope. Momentum and stuff.
What bothers me more is that Geralt doesn't want to grab and pull up on some edges, walls or rocks, which look like they would provide a good climbing path. But making realistic and responsive open world climbing system is really a challenge, so I am not expecting miracles.

Top Bottom