Considering restart on death march?

+
Considering restart on death march?

So originally started game on the normal difficulty, having been awhile since I played the second witcher. After I got a bit of gear and hang of controls about level 2/3 bumped it up to broken bones difficulty since normal I didn't have to use potions or signs at all it seemed.

FInally at level 11 or 12 now, can't remember, and find myself hacking away at most stuff in velen. When I first got to velen it was a challenge, found most stuff was at level 9/10 while my character was a level 5. Now I find myself over leveling stuff or theirs a few points of interests with level 20 or so monsters guarding I can't even touch.

Thinking of either bumping up to death march or maybe possible restart. Not sure yet, I don't care about achievements so I'm thinking just bump up difficulty now.

Good luck to you fellow witcher. Let us know what you end up doing! You have my curiosity haha! Best of luck to you on your future endeavors and may you slay many!

-Z

You will get 50% through the game and think to yourself, "why didn't I restart"... just do it while you won't have to redo too much ;)

Playing on normal difficulty still and it confuses me. I can 1 hit regular wolf yet I can still die to water hag that are lower level than me. I will eventually increase difficulty as I feel like OP i can slash bandits without even needing to dodge.

Im on normal and I enjoy the meditation health increase.. saves me so many times,
On another note, I never eat haha

i always play DM on first run because i think thats how it should be, geralt taking 20000 hits and not dying breaks my immersion, + quen is already a really nice sign which saves you alot of times, if u use the alternative way of quen in normal you're basically immune for an hour
also, quen does not expire after 1 casual hit, it expires after a total damage taken, and if the damage is too much it absorbs it and knocks you back, i think that wouldnt happen in normal difficulty because the damage is incredibly low

So is there perma death on Death March? I play on Blood and Bones now and feels easy for me since i got lvl 15. But is there a achievement lose if i change to a harder difficulty during a game?

I've done my first playthrough with switching difficulities between death and broken and sword and story... it was fine, but not really challengeing.

yesturday i've restarted the game on death march and i can tell it's totally different experience. i need to check all decoctions, oils and other useful stuff to survive. i love it

Tuco

Forum veteran
I just finished the game on Death march and after a while even that felt a bit too easy most of the times.
I wouldn't advise anyone to play on normal, unless we are talking about old people with reflexes and hand-eye coordination issues.

I've finished the game on normal and recently restarted on death march. I'm in Velen around level 6, and frankly, so far it feels even easier than those early levels on normal. I'm sure it's because I have a good handle of game controls and mechanics now, plus I know exactly what to expect from different enemies. I'm just really worried about boxing, for some reason I always got my ass kicked or just barely made it in these segments of the game :(

no point, game gets just as easy on death march as any other difficulty eventually! Wait for witcher 3 version of the witcher 2 CEO mod.

So restarted toda, having a blast. few deaths under my belt at level 2 but haven't really found any gear and trying to get some potions together for my arsenal.

Having a blast though, recommend it to everyone, not as bad as you would think. Using a lot of signs and scrounging every bit of anything I can find and using it. Find igni is really helping with drowners a lot which sometimes are my worst to fight when their in packs. Got in the habit of rolling all the time from witcher 2 and find myself using dodge more to save that stamina for signs. All in all having a blast and the game feels solid with death march.

I've finished the game on normal and recently restarted on death march. I'm in Velen around level 6, and frankly, so far it feels even easier than those early levels on normal. I'm sure it's because I have a good handle of game controls and mechanics now, plus I know exactly what to expect from different enemies. I'm just really worried about boxing, for some reason I always got my ass kicked or just barely made it in these segments of the game :(

Exactly what I planned when I was first allowed to play the game that had been installed for a month prior lol. Just got to actually finish the darn thing on normal first! :D

Last edited:
I started playing on normal, then switched to BBB and now to death march. It's still too easy.

Death march is not enough. We need a hardcore mode.

I started playing on normal, then switched to BBB and now to death march. It's still too easy.

Death march is not enough. We need a hardcore mode.

Just an idea but if you look at @Metamega post above, he says he is enjoying getting up the first few levels as (I'm guessing) you have to find the darn gear to start with. Whereas some others say it is kind of similar (including yourself) once you already have the gear.

Maybe the most fun is getting it ;)

Yeah I'd recommend death march, I played from the beginning on and I only die in boss fights or against a big number of monsters, and that not always (a little bit hard if you fight in high vegetation for example).

Nothing speaking against Death March, but prepare to feel a little bit under-powered for the first 4 - 6 levels.

Top Bottom