Looking Back on the TW Trilogy, what would you change about it ?

+
Some other things for me.

* If you spared Saskia then she's got a quest like Letho where she's on the run from Nilfgaard Dragon Hunters out to destroy her. You can protect her from them as you find out the sad fate of the Pontar Valley Kingdom and how it's all under the control of Nilfgaard now.

* Iorveth, as he always lives, is running a resistance campaign against the Redanians and Nilfgaard in Velen. Geralt can convince him to either side with one or the other depending on his mood and this results in territory being given to the elves by one side or the other.

Geralt fully restores his memory by the end of the first game

No Trissefer in TW1

Alvin's backstory is explained

Triss has chestnut hair,blue eyes and scarred breasts.She is not a romance option.She and Eskel are a couple,and her romantic feelings for Geralt are long gone,but she still cares about him and helps him restore his memories and find Yen

Bigger role for Ciri,Yennefer,Dandelion,Yarpen Zygrin,Sabrina Glevissig,Assire var Anahid,Ida Emean,Fringilla Vigo and Margarita Laux-Antlle

Borch Three Jackdaws,Nenneke and Francesca make an appearance

More detailed endings

Iorveth,Saskia and Cynthia appear in TW3

Geralt fully restores his memory by the end of the first game

No Trissefer in TW1

Alvin's backstory is explained

Triss has chestnut hair,blue eyes and scarred breasts.She is not a romance option.She and Eskel are a couple,and her romantic feelings for Geralt are long gone,but she still cares about him and helps him restore his memories and find Yen

Bigger role for Ciri,Yennefer,Dandelion,Yarpen Zygrin,Sabrina Glevissig,Assire var Anahid,Ida Emean,Fringilla Vigo and Margarita Laux-Antlle

Borch Three Jackdaws,Nenneke and Francesca make an appearance

More detailed endings

Iorveth,Saskia and Cynthia appear in TW3

Yeah, wouldn't much care for a lot of these.

I approve of Cynthia in TW3. I really enjoyed her in the EE content on Iorveth path.

It would've been nice to have an impact from the import of that choice in her EE quest too...

I always thought Geralt having an amnesia was a silly and a pretty poorly written subplot.It made no sense,that Dandelion and other characters never asked him about Yen and Ciri,until TW2

Well there could possibly be a few reasons for this.
1. They didn't know if she was even alive
2. They didn't like her very much
3. They like Triss/Shani better.

Well there could possibly be a few reasons for this.
1. They didn't know if she was even alive
2. They didn't like her very much
3. They like Triss/Shani better.

1.It's not a reason not to tell him about her.
2.Dandelion liked Yen

How about The Wild Hunt(it"s the ******* title of the game)? Geralt even rode as The Rider of the Hunt and that doesn't lead to anything interesting or even gets mentioned.
Nah, all that The Wild Hunt things are dead born I think, just a typical evil evil guys as they were in the books. So I don't care about them

Nah, all that The Wild Hunt things are dead born I think, just a typical evil evil guys as they were in the books. So I don't care about them
They WEREN'T just evil bad guys. They were Red Riders who crossed worlds. They were warriors who had exterminated an entire human race on their own world, and waged a passive-aggressive war with the unicorns. There is SO much lost potential. They are the titular character and the main threat of the entire game. So to give the the equivalent characterization of : "I am a big bad evil guy in big bad black armor doing big bad things! Fear me!" is a disservice to ANY story. Also I think I just gave the Wild Hunt more lines than it has in the entire 200 hours of game.

People keep complaining about Yen forcing, so how about we get rid of the Triss forcing in TW2 too? Or have Zoltan you know, not act like he has amnesia if you helped the Order in TW and not writing out Adda in such a crappy way?

---------- Updated at 05:12 PM ----------

How about The Wild Hunt(it"s the ******* title of the game)? Geralt even rode as The Rider of the Hunt and that doesn't lead to anything interesting or even gets mentioned.
It does get mentioned in fact. Ciri was the one who rescued Geralt from being a Rider and this started the Hunt back on her trail. Geralt is then confused why CIri never mentioned it and elfy says she does not want to burden Geralt with it.

It does get mentioned in fact. Ciri was the one who rescued Geralt from being a Rider and this started the Hunt back on her trail. Geralt is then confused why CIri never mentioned it and elfy says she does not want to burden Geralt with it.
Literally mentioning it ONCE in passing conversation does not qualify as an exploration of the topic.

Reading some of the posts here makes me sad...
There are sooo many things that could have been designed better to make the Witcher series the best medieval-fantasy themed video games ever, but the way it stands now if I step back and look at the big picture I can't help but see 3 disjointed games, each painted with a different color.

Perhaps it would have been better if TW3 isn't too focused on Ciri. CDPR could introduce her as an important character together with Yen but keep the game focused on Geralt. Also, if TW2 could manage to merge the issues of regicide, war between kingdoms-organizations and Geralt's amnesia into a single great story, why did TW3 dump nearly all the political and war-related issues to focus only on the Wild Hunt? Geralt could take part in both, giving a more satisfying story that serves as a good continuation of the previous games. Ciri is already related to both Emhyr and the Wild Hunt so if explored correctly I believe it can be done. Instead of wasting too much time looking for Ciri, just bring her out right away and let her journey together with Geralt solving all these problems.

I wish Triss was never made Geralt's default romance at the beginning of TW2. People complain about Yen being forced on us in TW3, but Triss was forced on us in TW2, especially for those who never romanced her in TW1.

Perhaps it would have been better if TW3 isn't too focused on Ciri. CDPR could introduce her as an important character together with Yen but keep the game focused on Geralt
^^THIS!!^^ So much THIS!^^ ...although no matter what we rant about in these forums it won't change a thing. The deed is done & there goes Geralt's final chapter of the saga..just a freakin' stepping stone for Ciri's..thrilled.

Last edited:
^^THIS!!^^ So much THIS!^^ ...although no matter what we rant about in these forums it won't change a thing. The deed is done & there goes Geralt's final chapter of the saga..just a freakin' stepping stone for Ciri's..thrilled.

I agree with you both I liked Ciri as a character but hated how TW3 was more her prologue than Geralt's final chapter
The game was way too focused on her, basically everyone else got shafted (except maybe Yen)

Even the freaking endings were about her, really no idea what CDPR was thinking pandering to book fans like that (since they are apparently also more about her than poor Geralt)

I agree with you both I liked Ciri as a character but hated how TW3 was more her prologue than Geralt's final chapter
The game was way too focused on her, basically everyone else got shafted (except maybe Yen)

Even the freaking endings were about her, really no idea what CDPR was thinking pandering to book fans like that (since they are apparently also more about her than poor Geralt)

That epilogue was probably the most incomplete epilogue I've ever seen in an RPG where decisions suppose to matter. My Geralt went to be together with Triss but Yen who's supposed to be Ciri's mother figure just up and disappeared, not even a slide to explain where she ended up. Triss didn't even have anything to say. What!

I know us ranting here won't change anything, except maybe load off some of this disappointment we're feeling to help calm ourselves. Some people have invested a lot of time, money (and feelings!) in these games.

Top Bottom