The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
The Witcher 3 is a gift and a curse, I have too much expectations when looking for a new game now and keep comparing it to TW3.

One of the best games I ever played, and I started gaming, mostly RPGs, with Ultima III and the Sierra games in the 1980’s, so I’ve been around a while - loved the Baba Yaga reference, btw! :)

I literally had to stop playing almost every hour to just sit back, take it in and let out a “wow”. Everything had me gripped, the story, the main and secondary characters (yay for your portrayal of leading female characters in the game, coming from a female gamer), the lore, the atmosphere, the combat, the music, the humor, the environments, the variety of foes, the art, gwent! and the list goes on and on. You succeeded in creating a deeply personal story with an epic scope, and many secondary quests had a better setting and plot than main quests in other games. I’m currently very close to the end in my playthrough, and am running around the maps to every question mark and POI because I just don’t want it to end.

So thank you, CDPR, for your passion, your vision, your independence and your hard work that allowed us to experience this unforgettable game.

I am doing the same, running around finding out what all the question marks are, I don't think I am too far into the MQ or I hope not, only level 15 and trying to do every side-quest that I can so I can enjoy this wonderful game :)

Opinions, especially unreasoned ones, aren't automatically judgment-proof by default because they are "just opinions".

When I stumbled onto Letho, I could literally jump with joy.
When I found Keira Metz, I could not believe that I was actually meeting the famous sorceress
When I read about Regis, I was happy that he finally made it into the game lore.
When I saw bro-man Roche again, I was ecstatic
When I heard Yen and Geralt talk about Geralt's last wish from the book, I immediately thought back to the time when I was reading the books.
When I saw what CDPR did to Dijkstra's character and how fleshed out and well-written he was, I was reminded once again that I was deep into the witcher universe.
And last, but not least, picking between Yen and Triss was and still is an insanely hard decision - a newcomer is likely to pick one depending on whether they prefer redheads or brunettes..

I could go on and on.

None of these things could be applied to a newcomer who knows next to nothing about these characters. They are the ones missing out. They are the ones who spoiled the most arguably one of the best gaming experiences. They are the ones who cannot go back and learn about the lore because it won't feel as magical anymore.

Your reasoning that non-fans are enjoying the game more than the old-time fans is backwards to say the least; people spent years on these boards talking about the lore while sustaining their anticipation for the game by reminiscing, wishing, conversing with the devs, the newcomers didn't have to do any of that.

That's why I had to point that your opinion is just wrong.

Well said man .... well said

I'm one of those Witcher fans who liked Witcher 1 better than Witcher 2. Witcher 2 had better graphics and combat, but Witcher 1 was better in virtually every other regard IMO. Witcher 3 is a game that manages to improve on both.

Like food, drinks, movies, games and so on I can never figure out or explain in detail what I love about things that makes me come back and wanting for more. I just cant remember in all my years of gaming, a game that got me hooked as much as this game. Skyrim was a good game but I lost interest quickly and only returned to it from time to time (did finish it tho).
This game I just want to SWALLOW IT HOLE!!! :D

Best game I've ever played. I'm completely obsessed. I spend my time at work perusing this forum and counting the hours until I can go home and play.

I think the first time I was really surprised in the best way in a game was Morrowind - all it did was start raining. I was so amazed! Then Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, which spoiled me ever going back to the original GW. Now we have Witcher 3, and I will be comparing this game with all others after, and will probably find them wanting. Exploration is my thing. Give me landmass and let me go! I don't want to have to follow a circuit. I don't want to have to go on the well worn path when I could just jump down this ledge. I want water experiences, sky experiences, weather experiences, different moods at different times of the day, interactive people and not knowing what's just on that side of the hill until I get there.

I came from a hard day of gaming yesterday. Tough bandits. Hefty quests. Really stormy weather. It was dark as all get out. I came up over a hill just as the sun came out. My eyes beheld the simplest scene: a meadow and a lot of free roaming horses playing beneath a snow-capped mountain under a bright afternoon sky.

That's Witcher 3 in a nutshell.

bugs isnt the problem. The game dont deserve a 92 in metacritic.
Dont have multiplayer in a era of multiplayer, costumization is very very poor, graphics are so so to bad, 200 time of gameplay is same time that ES: Oblivion( the only RPG that can defeat Oblivion is baldur gate 2) that was launched in start of last generation, the alchemy is useless you can finish the game with good signs and good weapon then i quest why have alchemy?. The game is good ,only good, but strange receive so well per reviewer.Maybe because have alot of sex scene.

I cant remember the last time a game kept surprising me with little ( and big ) things as I played. I have had several wide grins on my face, shakes of head, laughs as I just thought wow as things happened.

I know people are experiencing some annoying bugs, but my playing days go back to the Spectrum 48k, what do people expect with such complex games?

I am so glad I have come from the days of Knightlore, Wheelie, Skooldaze etc as I feel I can appreciate games like this so much more thinking back to how it used to be. Dont get me wrong, at the time those games of old were amazing, but games like the Witcher are just a joy.

Some of the complaints the Witcher 3 receives I get, but the importance placed on them at times is way over the top. It just seems like people are letting the little things get in the way of what is just a truly stunning game. This is my first Witcher game, so no fan boy here, I took it on face value.

So many little things add up to a massive wow factor. I am 50 hours in and only just saw a large running stream, clearly it was there because it was supposed to be there and not just because streams look cool and have been copy pasted everywhere. How you can see the rain and the weather through open windows and glass windows ( no new cells here ala Skyrim, which is a great game by the way ). The lighting from torches, the smoke, the rain and how wet everything gets just creates an incredible atmosphere. Doors that in other games would just not open and be a dead end are blown off the hinges and away you go.

I am in awe of this game and I hope everyones issues can be resolved so they can enjoy it too. I am sure they will and I hope this post strikes a chord with others who are feeling the same jaw drop that I am :)

The last game i've played that was this intense was mass effect 3 lol. This is now by far my favorite game.

I love this game. Thank you CDPR!

There is simply too much negativity on these forums. This is easily my favorite game ever. This is my heartfelt thank you to CDPR for creating an absolute masterpiece, and my attempt to create one more positive thread amongst the critical ones.

This game is not without its flaws and many criticisms are valid, but some people loose sight of the bigger picture. It has been years since I haven't been able to put a game down. The story telling is miles beyond any other open world RPG, the attention to detail is astounding, the voice acting is almost flawless. I am gaming on a 4k IPS panel with dual titan x's. The graphics are stunning with plenty of options for pushing my cards to the max in the .ini settings. Granted the graphics are not what were originally presented. With this setup I would say they are almost better.

Anyway thank you CDPR for putting your hearts into what is an excellent game. I hope others here agree.

-Lumpypat

---------- Post merged on 02-06-2015 at 12:04 AM ----------

Some 4k screens for anyone interested.

Attachments

• 2015-06-01_00001.jpg
    2015-06-01_00001.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 36
  • 2015-06-01_00003.jpg
    2015-06-01_00003.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 2015-06-01_00004.jpg
    2015-06-01_00004.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 2015-06-01_00005.jpg
    2015-06-01_00005.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 2015-06-01_00006.jpg
    2015-06-01_00006.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Thank you for this amazing game

To the developers,

This thread might quickly get buried in the forum but I hope it reaches some of your eyes so I can share how thankful I am you've made one of the greatest games in recent years!

I love this game. Right off the bat I already know this game will sit in my memory and in time as I look back it will be remembered with greats like Doom and Starcraft. There are too many things that have impressed me in this game that if I start to list them in this thread it would easily turn into a novel. But maybe I can put a few of my favourites out as this is what this thread is about!

The mature story and setting.. Just wow! I love how you have pushed that mature setting in this game. Time and time again the game really pulls at my heart and emotions. Where I got emotionally attached to Geralt's character was at the beginning in white ochards when Geralt and Vesemir get into the bar brawl. The power you feel when Vesemir is pushed by the thug and then Geralt stands up and the rest thugs stand up and follow Geralt, you know it is past a civil point and a brawl is about to happen. There are many more moments that have the same impact. It is pretty much some of the best story telling in a game I've ever seen. It brings on that nice balance that you see like in my favourite movie Star Wars - Empire Strikes Back. Elements like the characters, music and the atmospheric world as a whole all comes together to create this special magic that makes you feel involved with everything your character is doing. Well done! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBfTyJ8Bk2Y&feature=youtu.be&t=11m03s

The music in the game is beautiful. While you explore through the forests while riding you horse and you have this playing in the background (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGrmJJqmmtk) How can you not get invested? Marcin Przybyłowicz, great job dude! You pretty much nailed it.

There is so much more to say and compliment from controls, game mechanics and that amazing tech you use on the trees that has them sway to the wind. The world as a whole.. My mind can't comprehend just the level of detail you've sprinkled into the world and the sheer size. And to add those side quests that actually mean something! There are times where they are so well crafted they feel like main quests it can be hard to tell sometimes.

Got to rap it up as this is post probably getting to large. CD Projekt Red. Thank you! There is no doubt you can see the passion, blood, sweat and tears that went into making this game. My mind is still blown on how you crammed everything into case (world map and ost) and the DLC you are pushing out for free.

Thank you, thank you and.. Thank you!

There is simply too much negativity on these forums. This is easily my favorite game ever. This is my heartfelt thank you to CDPR for creating an absolute masterpiece, and my attempt to create one more positive thread amongst the critical ones.

This game is not without its flaws and many criticisms are valid, but some people loose sight of the bigger picture. It has been years since I haven't been able to put a game down. The story telling is miles beyond any other open world RPG, the attention to detail is astounding, the voice acting is almost flawless. I am gaming on a 4k IPS panel with dual titan x's. The graphics are stunning with plenty of options for pushing my cards to the max in the .ini settings. Granted the graphics are not what were originally presented. With this setup I would say they are almost better.

Anyway thank you CDPR for putting your hearts into what is an excellent game. I hope others here agree.

-Lumpypat

---------- Post merged on 02-06-2015 at 12:04 AM ----------

Some 4k screens for anyone interested.

The thing is, people are much more likely to show up and criticize the game than show up and congratulate CDPR and Witcher 3 or write anything positive. It's the way people are, they EXPECT the game to be up to THEIR personal standards, and if it isn't then they will show up and make thread after thread of mostly repeated complaints or things that THEY think needs adjusting. Most of the people who are enjoying the game as much as we are are too busy playing the damn game, but its nice to see so many people take the time out of W3 to come here and contribute to this positive thread because CDPR really do deserve all the credit and awards coming their way! They have worked so hard to create this masterpiece for us, and they are proud of their years of work and dedication it shows, because this game is brilliant in so many ways!

Thanks for the patch for the PS4 version too it has smoothed out some areas which were a little jumpy :) I really do hope that CDPR developers and staff take the time to read this thread, all the nitpicking on W3 on release is consistant with every major release I can remember in recent history, Bethesda's forums were full of the same complaints after Skyrim was released its back to what people expect on such a hyped up game. I think a small percentage of people on each forum just like to troll too, because the game has recieved such high praise and such good reviews, makes them feel important if they can pick faults with it.]

CDPR take a bow, enjoy your success :)

Can't play more than 2 - 3 quests a day!!!

Seriously!
I just can not play more than 3 quests a day! The story of each quest, main or side, is so intriguing and interesting, I just cant stop thinking about them after I am done with the quest! I just cant do an other quest! Its like watching awesome movies back to back, all for the first time! You wanna savour every movie ryt? You wanna think about it, discuss it and ponder over the story for a good time after u finish watching it. Witcher 3 does the same to me!
Just cant thinking about my actions and how it would have turned out if I chose the other way. Things just dont get out of my head. Its just too distracting to focus on a new quest. Gwent and exploration is a good break... but.... not more than 3 quests a day. Just cant! :D

Never has a game does to me in a long long time!
Thank you CDPR! :hatsoff:

just wanna chime in: been a gamer since over 20 years and i swear this game is probably the best i`Ve ever played. course you will always find something to complain about, nothing is perfect. but as a story-driven, open-world game this is the very best thing i`Ve ever seen.
bought a PS4 for Bloodborne and TW3 and i can barely believe how good TW3 is. the side-quests/stuff alone is brilliant, i loved every singel character i met, loved every conversation..and as soon as you understand that you play a role, that of Geralt, and forget the setup games like the Eldar Scrolls-franchise use you will love this game.
grafics, sound, design, writing..i could go on for decades prolly....a game with a map in the casing, an ost and a compendium? in this day`n age?...free dlc?
TW2 was incredible good and TW3 is just a mere blessing. Thanks for creating such an awesome game.

This game just set the bar

Hi Everyone

I bought this game on Friday because of all the hype. I wasn't convinced this game would live up to it though because I just could not get into the witcher 2 as much as I tried. Now I see this game so far is the most immersive and dynamic game I have ever played. The graphics are beautiful I love the mechanics of the battles and inventory set up. I did not think a game would surpass mass effect for me but this has! I played Dragon age inquisition a few months back and cannot go back to it after the witcher. The witcher 3 knows how to do side quests, each one has beautifully written stories something Dragon age lacked. I think this game has just set the bar high for all future RPGs. This is one of those games where I just had to join the forum and share my love for this game. I love the environment, I find myself just walking to my destination on my horse because the world is just so beautiful to look at. usually in games I am rushing from quest to quest not paying attention. Well done CD Projekt! Well Done! You have a gained a new fan.

welcome to the witcher world. whenever i pass by a scenery i always take screenshots. the game is awesome from gameplay, story, and graphics as well as the script

After 30 years of gaming - dear CDPR

Dear CD Project Red,

I play videogames for almost 30 years. With the release of the legend of zelda a link to the past in 1991 my passion for adventures and rpgs started. Since then, i played almost every important title (In my opinion) on every plattform, consoles and pc. But really only a handfull of games i would call a "true masterpiece". If i have to name just three? Its hard, but here we go:

- Zelda OoT
- Shenmue 2
- Dark Souls 1

Over the last few years, i almost gave up on gaming. I have a fulltime.job, a girlfriend...you name it...no time at all. But thats not the only reason my passion was vanashing. Looking at you EA! Looking at you Ubi! Looking at every publisher and studio that were missing the most important thing in developing software these days: LOVE. Titles like Ico or shadow of colossus became an Exception over the last decade. Now nintendo is developing Android-Hardware, Konami is focusing on mobile devices and Capcom starts remaking itself. But how could i blame these companies? I am a software-developer myself. I know how expensive software can be, how difficult and painfull the process can feel at times, how high the risks are.... and after all? its business, right? But as a result, over the last years i only enjoined a few games like the last of us or gta 5. There was only one game i was really looking forward to, Bloodborne. And oh boy, it deliviered! Praise the sun! After i saw the credits tiwce, i was like "ok, thats it, there wont be a better gaming-exprience over next couple of years". ) little does luke know... 2 weeks later... the wild hunt was released...

I played both predecessors and i loved them! the witcher 2 was a great experience. TotalIy underated. i was really looking forward to the wild hunt, i watched all your trailers all over again. Read every article i could find, studied every screenshot. Right now now I've played the witcher 3 for 150 hours and... My epicness-detector is so of the fu***** chartz, i could cry!!!! The witcher 3 is not a masterpiece, it is THE masterpiece. For me, its the conclusion, the end of the line, the game i always wanted to play. The holy grail i was afraid never to find. So why telliing you this? Because its my duty. Its my duty to say thank you. Thank you CDPR for not giving up, for fighting for what you love. For creating something so unique, so magical and so beautiful. Thank you for restoring my faith in gaming. Thank you for reminding me, why i was playing videogames at all. Thank you for letting me being a child again. A feeling i was missing for a long long time... And whats the best part of it? I just landed on skellige. So its a long road to go! :)

Keep up the good work CDPR! You are the one in the million.

Top Bottom