The Order of the Flaming Rose?

+
The Order of the Flaming Rose?

And...well, nothing.
Wasn't the order the Radovid personal guards, his right hand, the most powerful, racist, violent and religious order in The Witcher?
Was happening to the order?

If I recall correctly, the Order of the Flaming Rose was initially in Temeria. According to the wiki, it was Siegfried of Denesle as the grand master (in Witcher 2) who reformed the order and put it under Redanian protection. In Witcher 3, the Order is the militant arm of the Church of the Eternal Fire.

If I recall correctly, the Order of the Flaming Rose was initially in Temeria. According to the wiki, it was Siegfried of Denesle as the grand master (in Witcher 2) who reformed the order and put it under Redanian protection. In Witcher 3, the Order is the militant arm of the Church of the Eternal Fire.

Yeah, I know, I played TW1 and 2.
But...I haven't seen the order in TW3...

They probably scrapped the idea, so new players can understand the situation easier. The order has a lot of backstory especially from the first game.

Their absence is strange since they would fit right into the game with the presence of the Witch Hunters and the Church of Eternal Fire.

They probably scrapped the idea, so new players can understand the situation easier. The order has a lot of backstory especially from the first game.
But what is difference betwen Order and Ethernal fire for newcomers if W3 is first game to them, they see them first time fanatics both of them makes no difference, but who played previous games know who Order of Flaming Rose is no need to explanation, while for new players its just witch hunters they see first time be it Order or Flame its the same for them.

Well, the problem is mainly explaining Geralt's perception of the order. If you helped them and Siegfried in the first game they should treat you better like they did in TW2.If you butchered them they should be more hostile and so on. Then you have the link between de Aldersberg and the white frost. Overall that means keeping TW1 decisions in consideration and I think they never planned TW1 to have such a vast impact on the third game. I was surprised by Thaler's somewhat important role in the events tbh.

I think you're right, but it's too bad. I don't understand why removing info and characters helps players understand things better.

More information, presented in a way players can discover themselves if they want, is a vastly better way to let people understand things.

As for the links between other games, they ignored them and did their own story for 3. The fact that decisions only matter in who you see for 3 minutes in your playthrough shows this. Yet, they included other characters and just wrote Henselt a standard "canon" ending and assumed you romanced Triss and then pissed her off. The list goes on.

Again, I agree they probably did that, but it makes no sense when they included other things and ignored previous story lines.

They're in the same place as Adda, Anais, Aryan, Iorveth and the Scoia'tael, Saskia, the dwarves from Aedirn, Dijkstra's common sense, Radovid's personality and Eredin's slyness.

That being forgotten and non existent. Maybe they got dropped off at Tedd Deireadh or the writers got taken by the Red Riders, which is why they have amnesia regarding the events of the previous games. :p People who should be my friends treat me with disdain, and those who I barely know think I'm their best buds. It's incredibly disjointing if you went from playing the first two back to back, and then jumped in TW3 two weeks ago.

I know they've said that they aren't planning an EE, but TW3 needs if for the main plot. There's no information about how things changed so much between TW2 and TW3.

Last edited:
I think the writers could have done a much better job by replacing Radovid's redanian army by the Order. I can't really take seriously those lazy fats of the redanian military; I keep wondering why the Nilfgaardians wouldn't just overrun them. The Order on the other hand would be a much stronger, organized and disciplined force. You just need to remember that TW2 end cinematics, with thousands of Order members parading in front of Radovid.

I'm guessing you are correct. The "Royal Witch Hunters" pretty much play the exact same role as the "Order of Flaming Rose."

It's a crime to not have the Order in the game. Along with Natalis, Lorveth and once again ANAIS!
They failed to integrate her in W2 until the EE, and now there's the same problem in W3.

Top Bottom