Active Shield: Quen Sign only works like half the time

+
Active Shield: Quen Sign only works like half the time

Well, like it says, that ability only seems to work for me half the time and of course it seems to fail at the worse times lol. Anyone have issues with this??

I had issues casting it in 1.04, animation would work but it wouldn't apply. But I've never had quen outright fail.

Yeah im on PC. Its a very good rig so it isnt lag.... maybe it just my timing. Im actualy working on it now, finding groups of things to fight. I was just asking if anyone else had this prob. If no one does then its me i suppose lol. But im usualy good on my timings... hmmm.

Considering you said good with "timings" I'm guessing you're not using it right, sorry if I'm wrong in this regard. You just press and hold the sign key "Q" with quen "6" as your selected sign unless you remapped them. Theres not really timing involved press and hold in combat and let go when you want to bring it down.

First rank drains a decent amount of stamina to keep up, second rank uses less and third rank uses none. All ranks drain when hit.

I have had it not work on occasion, but very rarely, and since I'm not to skilled and I also use it as a heal so I use the thing all the time.

I am using autohotkey so I can just press the individual sign keys to cast and hold for alternate versions. I would assume that would increase my chances of it not working, but who knows. Maybe could be a hardware issue on your end?

Well i have figured it out >.< I have to have full stamina before it will activate. I thought you could use it at half stam as kind of an "Oh Shit" button.
o wells, i still use it though cuz i think its a great way to get some fast health :D

Besides, remember that if you dont upgrade you sign intensity Quen will not sponge all of the damage of harder hits, especially on Death March. On my second playthrough I actually went for a red tree build( because it's the worst one and I'm a masochist :p) and so I noticed that the guys that take half of my damage normally still hurt me even with Quen.

yeah, you need to check in the character menu (press C in inventory mode) and see how much damage Quen absorbs , this depends of your Sign Intensity and other buffs you manage to acquire . If the enemy does more damage than your shield, you will not be able to regenerate anything , it will break your active shield and inflict damage on you,, the same with the base Quen . This makes the choice of this skill questionable if not combined with some decent sign intensity , a greater blue mutagen and three active blue skills are a must if you want to use this , in my opinion . Also runes that increase Quen intensity by 10% are useful .
Regarding to the OP's problem with casting 2nd level Quen, i get that pretty often myself . it casts 1st level Quen without me releasing the key, it might be a bug .

Top Bottom