User Interface Thread

+
Font size too big since 1.04 - New Font Size Slider Bar Required in Options menu

After 1.04 the fonts are way too big now it looks ridiculous.

I understand not everyone has perfect eyesight like me so rather than just keep changing the font sizes and punish those who were happy in the first place would it not be more prudent to create a FONT SIZE SLIDER BAR the same as the one you already have for the HUD Size in the options menu ?!

I would be happy to see the return of the ORIGINAL font size upon game release included as one of the slider options.

Please don't keep increasing font size and ruining it for the rest of us. If you want to please everybody give us the option to change it ourselves !
I run mine in full 1080p on a 40" full HD TV and it now looks like i have the setting changed to 360p.

Much thanks !! :)

In short - Implement Font Size Slider bar and include original font size upon game release.

+1

This was a needed fix for consoles, but on PC it's a bit much now. Even at 1600p where I'm used to seeing tiny print, it fills the screen. A minor complaint for sure, but a slider would ideal.

[request - enhanced witcher sense]

I think it would be great to have a slightly more robust witcher sense. I don't like to fast travel or use the mini-map, as a result I get turned around a lot and have to open the full size map (which is fine ☺). But wouldn't it be cool if when you activate witcher sense you could see quest/custom waypoints? Similarly I think it would be neat if quest givers/merchants etc. were highlighted in witcher sense.

The beauty of The Witcher's game world is vast and striking and I think that all the clutter of the default HUD seriously detracts from it. I understand the need for these tools but, there are plenty of gamers out there that prefer a... cleaner experience, for lack of a better term. I think tweaking aspects of witcher sense in the ways I've described would give both types of gamers the best tools for the tasks at hand.

Last edited:
Okay, a console player here. PC players, please don't eat me alive here :)

1) More quick-slots for potions and food. How about at least 4 quick slots separated into two groups. You could quick swap them by clicking the right thumbstick, since the focus thing seems pretty much useless anyway...

2) For the love of god, make unique icons for every potion and oil. Especially when it comes to potions made from specific monsters... Those speciffically are either red or green. Finding the right one is a pain in the... you know.

3) Please, implement a quick shortcut to your oils, bombs and potions. I'm sick and tired of pressing "menu button -> scroll to inventory -> A -> navigate to consumables tab". How about this? When the quick will is up, press Y or any other button to your liking to instantly get to a nice clean window, that only contains your consumables, no stupid books or notes there, please! That would be even better if it also sorted items into categories which you could collapse or expand at will, just like the schematics and recipes.

4) This is more of a gameplay adjustment but it should go along with all of the above. Why on Earth can't I eat food directly from the inventory while in combat, when I can do that just fine if I put it into a quick slot?!

Alternate UI/controls?

Would be nice if you just cloned WoW's UI/control scheme and provide it as an option,

• Moving mouse moves just the cursor.
  • Left-clicking an item "interacts" with it.
  • Right-clicking a target to attack.
  • Hold Left Mouse Button (LMB) allows mouse-look without changing the direction your character is facing.
  • Hold Right Mouse Button (RMB) allows you to change the direction your character is facing.
  • All abilities can be bound to any key - no need for menus.
  • Let Witcher Sense be a keybind-able toggle.

In addition, I would like the option to turn of movement "inertia", it's giving me motion sickness as my brain sees it as input lag.

[Request] Crafting/Alchemy & Journal Functionality

Great game CDPR, completely blown away by it and simply cannot get enough.

I have a few hopefully minor changes in case the haven't been asked previously...

1.) Crafting/Alchemy - Would it be possible to have all of the categories not expanded on opening? I feel most times I am looking to craft (or brew) a certain item and I am always spending time scrolling to the item in question of unexpanding all of the categories as I go down the list.

2.) Journal - Would it be possible to track multiple quests? I know that tracking too many would clutter up the right side of the UI (not good), but maybe a sub-tracking method that would only highlight the location on the map? A lot of times I will in the an area where a few multiple quests can be moved along and I am constantly opening the map/journal to re-read and track the location on the map.

Option to remove Skip cutscene reminder

I like to take screenshots of my playthrough as reminders of what I've seen and done but I have so many nice shots ruined by the "Skip" cutscene prompt. Can you make it optional to turn it off like you did with the Control Scheme Change notification?

EDIT: I would also like to have the option to bind a key that would turn on/off all HUD elements.

Last edited:
Please Add this feature

I play average 2 hours per day and I really want to be able to add notes on the map. I want to be able to add notes like:
- This merchant offers reset points potion.
- Haven't played gwent with this guy.
- Level 15 monster, would be nice to have moon dust bombs etc. etc.

This is very important for me, since i don't want to spend my precious game time going to places i should't until certain point.

This is the only thing that irritates me, game is awesome off course.

Ok, it might be just me and maybe I'm ridiculous but I hate looking for the item in my inventory that's new and has the little gold asterisk in the corner. With all the items in my inventory it is really hard to spot many times. I'm also OCD or something cause I just can't close my inventory without searching every asterisk out....

So please how about a mod that puts a simple outline around the items that are new? Make it a gold outline or even better red. I saw someone with a screen shot where it looked like new items had a yellow highlight over the entire cell?! Is that available somewhere?

Please tell me there is a mod that does this already!!

Change the way we access potions and oils in combat. In radial quick menu unlock a mouse so we can click on things, for crying out loud and add additional sliders for potions and oils on the edge of the screen. Here is a picture of what i mean.

Attachments

• 2015-06-13_00001.jpg
    2015-06-13_00001.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 66
I have several UI Requests:

Inventory
1) Allow Automatic sorting based off Weight, Alphabetical, Item Type, Item Value, Rarity, and Last Acquired.
2) Allow a toggle for manual sorting to allow us to sort the inventory as we wish.
3) Add an option to disable "new" items being pushed up to the top of the inventory until you hover over them.
4) Add a counter to merchant inventories to show how many of a particular item you already have in your inventory (if any)
5) Add a "read" indicator to books and letters you've already looked at.
6) Add a "quest" indicator to items currently needed for a quest that is active in your log (to keep from selling quest items you still need)
7) Stack Mutagens of the same type together
8 ) Option to auto-use repair kits during meditation similar to potion refresh
9) Add a quick-slot menu to allow you to access more than 2 of any given item in the field.
10) Tooltip display for food & alcohol showing exactly how much vitality is recovered per second
11) Confirmation in shops before selling very rare or needed quest items to prevent accidental selling.

Map
1) Ability to toggle minimap breadcrumb trail between "follow roads" and "shortest distance"
2) Ability to disable monster icons, lootable corpse icons, and quest related "zones" on minimap
3) Ability to see ALL merchant icons on the main map

Alchemy & Crafting
1) Able to brew more than one type of alcohol/alchemy substance at a time without having to drop items on the ground.
2) Add Tooltips to alchemy and crafting items showing the total number of known recipes that use that item
3) Ability to "hide" recipes for equipment that is much lower level to control menu bloat
4) Ability to "hide" equipment that you are not currently wearing in the repair menu

About Map...

Please add colors to those Power Places

Igni - Red
Quen - Golden / Orange
Yrden - Purple
Aard - Blue
Axii - White

So that its easy to visit proper sign power place before boss encounters as its really hard to remember :( & I don't want to visit all power places just to get it proper one.

OR

As I mention in some thread just add small note feature into maps with few colors sticky pins so that we can mark down wanted locations with little note.
Mouse hover going to show us a note info & mouse click on icon going to give us chance to edit that note. This way we can mark down what ever we want & thinks important on map.

Last edited:
I originally posted in a wrong place, just copying here since its where it belongs, sorry for the mess :p A few ides for quality of life improvements:

• Map should have "go to the active quest marker" button or maybe allow to fully zoom out.

• Pause for cut-scenes instead of only skipping. Some of them are quite long and average bladder is only ~0.5l.

• There should be an option to disable assisted horse movement, more often than not it causes Roach to change direction, crash into gates/bridges/trees than it helps. Riding a horse just doesn't feel good.

• Smoother transition between walk and run would be welcome. Sometimes Geralt slowly walks and after moving the stick 1° he suddenly starts running, very often into something.

• Stacking of duplicate mutagens.

• Geralt should be considered in combat as soon as there is an enemy engaging him. I think right now it is based on the distance from the nearest hostile, but that causes him to go into witcher senses mode instead of parrying arrows from afar.

• Why do bestiary entries show up AFTER defeating the monster? Isn't Geralt supposed to know those things already, also there is not much use if I have to figure out how to kill a monster first and THEN I can look up the hints on how to do it. Maybe with the exception of named/unique monsters.

• And I have a bit of a problem - maybe a slight exaggeration, but can be annoying - with the selection wheel, let me explain using two examples:

1: I press LB, wheel pop up, I use right analog to select the item I want, then I have to move my thumb to press A. Not very ergonomic, requires 3 separate inputs for a simple task.

2: I press LB, wheel pop up, I use left analog to select the item I want. If it's a sign everything is fine, but if I select the crossbow for example Geralt will turn around because it registers left analog as directional input before I can zero it back or resume moving forward after making the selection.It is a little more ergonimic than option 1 but causes some irritation this way, especially when switching items in combat.

I would like to suggest an option for "hold the LB, use analog to choose the item, release LB to get out of the wheel and make a selection". Maybe doesn't seem like much, but I believe it would be a little improvement, and should be available as a gameplay option.

Here's a suggestion: put the "sheathe sword" command in the keybindings menu. "Sheathe sword" is bound to the "c" key, it is not in the ingame keybindings menu, and if you choose c for something in the ingame menu, it won't get removed from the input.settings file. I just spent half an hour dying because instead of throwing a bomb Geralt sheathed his sword first; and looking through the ingame menu it seemed all was fine; but there he sheathed his sword again.

Until figured, let's check the input.settings file; and yep, "sheathe sword" still bound to the c key, redundantly.

Also; allow us to change the configuration the controller the same we can change the keybindings for the keyboard. In fact, I figured out that wasn't standard either. Why? Are you not PC developers? User configured keys should be standard and not just the keyboard, the gamepad included; in fact it shouldn't just be on the pc with the sheer among buttons in wrist cramping positions on controllers these days. It's amazing to me console peasants aren't putting this in the feedback to console game developers: "allow me to change the bloody controller configuration."

Some enhancements to the UI that I'd like to see:

- Map: Remember the zoom state of the map when I last had it up and bring it up exactly like it was last time instead of re-zooming all the way in each time forcing me to have to zoom all the way out every single time I go into the map. Make this either the new behaviour, or make it a toggled option "remember map zoom state" in UI options screen.

- Quest tab: Remember the state of the quest screen when I close it, remember which quest subcategories I had opened, remember which quest I last had selected, and when I bring the quest tab up restore it to the state it looked when I last viewed it. Right now the UI is bad because I'll bring up the quest tab, go to say "Witcher Contracts", click on one of the contracts and select it so it shows up on the map, then I leave the quest screen to go back to the map screen to find out where the quest locations are. I notice they're not on the current map or too far away from me so I decide to bring up another quest instead, go back to the quest log and the quest log is reset, all categories are collapased and the highlighted quest is the main quest section top quest. I have to re-expand the Witcher Contracts and/or other subcategories manually with one or more clicks, then scroll down through the list to find the quest(s) of interest again. It's the digital equivalent to if you had a paper map on your desk and a book you were looking at, and you decide to glance away from the book for a second and someone rips the book out of your hand, removes any paperclips or bookmarks from it, and goes and puts it on the bookshelf in the other room, then when you go to look back from the map on your desk to the book you have to get up, go in the other room find the book, reopen it and refind the page you were on. Annoying. Remember user interface state between invocations please!

I think it would be great to have a slightly more robust witcher sense. I don't like to fast travel or use the mini-map, as a result I get turned around a lot and have to open the full size map (which is fine ☺). But wouldn't it be cool if when you activate witcher sense you could see quest/custom waypoints? Similarly I think it would be neat if quest givers/merchants etc. were highlighted in witcher sense.

The beauty of The Witcher's game world is vast and striking and I think that all the clutter of the default HUD seriously detracts from it. I understand the need for these tools but, there are plenty of gamers out there that prefer a... cleaner experience, for lack of a better term. I think tweaking aspects of witcher sense in the ways I've described would give both types of gamers the best tools for the tasks at hand.

Totally agree with you on this ..

I play the game with no HUD elements at all (best way imo), but having to manually go into the map to see where I have to go all the time is frustrating.
If you could see in your witcher senses, for example.. a yellow dot on the horizon for current quest objective, and say a green dot for a waypoint marker objective.
This would make it so much easier and quicker.. or maybe just have it as an extra option, without using witcher senses i mean, so the dots are on screen all the time

Another thing they could implement for a HUDless display is a different type of Health display (instead of health bars) for both Geralt & enemies.
On enemies they could give a faint glow (red maybe) that depletes down to the bottom of said enemy with every strike. Maybe even the faint glow only showing up when the enemy is struck. Theres something about health bars for me.. makes a game look cluttered & unrealistic

With Geralt .. the blood surrounding the screen should become more obvious & widespread upon impending doom, maybe even add a heartbeat sound if youre a strike or two from death.

Most times when I get into combat I have to go into options to turn on the witcher health bar so I know when to eat if my health gets low, knowing my health info without having the witcher health bar on would be superb :)

Last edited:
Would love to see fewer chests, crates as sacks and far more real-world objects. If there is a sword in a chest, remove the chest layer and just place the sword, breast plate, or linen, or potion, or whatever..

Create a hierarchy and add a 'toggle' to witcher senses, so you can just 'tab' cycle through an area of stuff with directional keys. Tab -n- Grab. Having to open/close interact with every container in the game-world is really a dated mechanic. This was fixed in games a decade ago, very fatiguing and dated mechanic.

I'm sure a modder will fix this at some point, one or two chest/sack per area, but lots of clutter to sift through in 'one easy look'..

.. the sack left at a corpse is also really weird. Why???

Last edited:
One thing i would really like to have implemented is when im buying alchemy stuff or herbs i would like to see the quantity of that item i currently have in my inventory. There are so many different herbs in this game so its difficult to know what i have and dont have.

I don't know if this is UI but I feel that I should be able to have more than two keys for taking potions. I'd like if I could use the number keys for my assigned potions. I am always having to go into the inventory to switch potions which is annoying. PC users who choose to play with mouse and keyboard shouldn't be restricted just because of the console controls.

I'd also like an option to auto loot items, like holding ctrl and clicking, the same way you did in the first Witcher game.

---------- Updated at 09:18 PM ----------

When buying diagrams from merchants, can you please add what level you need to be at when buying them? I hate buying a diagram that is way over my level or below my level. It would just make things easier if diagrams were categorized by level, not just in the buy menu, but in the crafting menu as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom