Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I thought I would try again. Maybe this is a conversation you could have at KM:

T: "So... Did you tell Yen?"
G:"Mhm..."
T: " That's good..."
G: "What's wrong?"
T: " I'm afraid you might regret your decision. It's always been Yen with me hoping, wishing you would notice me... Now that it's happened I'm afraid to believe it... "
G: " I could never regret you Triss."
T: "Maybe... But what if in 6 months you choose her again? I don't think my heart could handle it.."
G: "Triss. I love you. I wish I had seen it before.. You're the only woman for me..."
T:" I love you too, Geralt.. Please, don't break my heart.."

Too sappy? I don't know... I'n not a great writer but this is kind of how I imagine it would be.

Too sappy? I don't know... I'n not a great writer but this is kind of how I imagine it would be.

Yeah, a little bit on the sappy side. I like it though. :p I feel like for a lot of these dialogues, in order to be effective yet believable, it needs some context to tie it to something greater. That character's story arc for example. Or Ciri. Or the Hunt. Just my opinion though. Don't be discouraged from writing them - I enjoy reading them regardless. :)

Yeah, but thinking about it in my head and seeing it play out on screen are two totally different things. CDPR's writers are admittedly more talented than probably any of us. I wish we didn't need to do this. I write these dialogues for two reasons. 1) To add to my own personal narrative like what you described and 2) to maybe provide some source material if (and that's a big if) they decide to pursue any of these proposed changes.

Yeah i know what you mean, if you took that fountain scene and imagined it in your head before seeing it, it wouldn't of have that same effect as when you first saw it on your screen and that had a much bigger effect on the player. I also wish we didn't have to do this, but it is to lighten the mood, considering we haven't exactly had much in the way of news or having developers discuss the topic here - i mean they do get in contact (occasionally) and do listen and give the "thumbs up" to what takes place here (of course they can't promise anything, even if they want to alter stuff themselves), also the last news i shared wasn't exactly positive to the topic, in that more developers are moving onto Cyberpunk so i guess this could seen as a little side distraction while we patiently wait.

---------- Updated at 07:54 AM ----------

Ok so I thought I would try again. Maybe this is a conversation you could have at KM:

T: " I'm afraid you might regret your decision. It's always been Yen with me hoping, wishing you would notice me... Now that it's happened I'm afraid to believe it... "
T: "Maybe... But what if in 6 months you choose her again? I don't think my heart could handle it.."
G: "Triss. I love you. I wish I had seen it before.. You're the only woman for me..."

I liked it, i don't believe it is too sappy, usually that happens when a scene drags on like that, but that dialogue looks like something that would go for 10 seconds, and if you compared it to say the fountain scene or the dialogue at the lighthouse then it doesn't seem too off pace, so in other words - keep going :)

It still kind of boggles my mind that there was no confrontation between Geralt and the women... I can't see Yen or Triss being *quiet* about your decision. Especially since everyone would be under a lot of stress trying to help Ciri and stopping the Wild Hunt...

Last edited:
It still kind of boggles my mind that there was no confrontation between Geralt and the women... I can't see Yen or Triss being quite about your decision. Especially since everyone would be under a lot of stress trying to help Ciri and stopping the Wild Hunt...

Yup. No real fallout in any way, shape, or form. Unless you count the portal into the lake. Which I don't. That seems to be a nod to Geralt being with her in the 1st/2nd one - not in reference to your current choice of picking her. For Triss to not have any doubts, for Yennefer to not feel vindictive/angry at all, for Geralt to not have any qualms or feel any conflict about his choice. It's an issue that needs to addressed, regardless of your choice. One of the big loose ends I keep referencing. Sadly, another missed opportunity.

It still kind of boggles my mind that there was no confrontation between Geralt and the women... I can't see Yen or Triss being quite about your decision. Especially since everyone would be under a lot of stress trying to help Ciri and stopping the Wild Hunt...

Yep i completely agree, i was expecting something like that in the game long before the game released especially with the personal stories and the war going on, but links back to what we were all saying before.......so many possibilities......

Yep I think it was crazy to have them like ships in the night. They needed a confrontation and some kind of entente cordial at Kaer morhen, ideally before ciri's arrival.

Yeah, a little bit on the sappy side. I like it though. :p I feel like for a lot of these dialogues, in order to be effective yet believable, it needs some context to tie it to something greater. That character's story arc for example. Or Ciri. Or the Hunt. Just my opinion though. Don't be discouraged from writing them - I enjoy reading them regardless. :)

Same here, nice stuff. Triss is strong and resilient so I think she knows when Geralt says I love you on the docks he meant it and it was real.

Just a friendly tip, it's spelled "quiet". I totally get this point. It's almost as if they went out of their way to keep the women separate. My first play through, I was anticipating a lot of explanation about the relationships, since so much is left for this game. I completed my romance arc with Triss, said I loved her, then proceeded to the islands. I see Yen, and she reads my mind and tells me... "I like what I see...". Now imagine my confusion. First, i don't know the mind reading is possible, and second I just got done with Triss telling her I love her. If Yen can read my mind, I don't see how she'd miss that. That led to further confusion about romancing her... was she okay with Geralt loving them both? It wasn't outside the realm of possibility. I figured things would get resolved and I'd get a chance to talk to them both. That's pretty much the pattern in the Bioware games. But, sadly, no. Very odd in a game that pays a lot of attention to detail in so many other areas.

I figured, in Witcher 2, when Geralt tells Triss to tell him about Yen when they're on the boat... and we hear none of the conversation... that this would be told one way or another in Witcher 3. I haven't read any of the books, and the games really should be self contained since they created this love triangle.

Anyways, we'll see how it all shakes out. Still a lot of fun to play this game.

Last edited:

Maybe a little sappy but something like this makes perfect sense given the situation. Might need a hug and then end with a kiss or something as well. Actions could make this scene go a long way imo ;)

Interesting enough, I've replayed the fountain scene about house in Kovir, and Triss was saying something like: "I'm gonna tell you more later." But this "later" was never happened.

Interesting enough, I've replayed the fountain scene about house in Kovir, and Triss was saying something like: "I'm gonna tell you more later." But this "later" was never happened.
Yeah, I've waited for this later till the end of game. Would be good to discuss it before final battle in tent.

I don't feel like it really needs any more talk about Kovir but I agree the wording suggests there's more to come. We will see... maybe there's a small quest in Kovir at some point and for example if you're together with Triss she takes you on a tour in the house before or after killing some monsters :). Actually I'd love such a scene even if Geralt actually is with Yen in a relationship. He'd probably still be interested to see that.

But IMO it would be more important to at least be able to take to Triss about the situation with Yen at some point.

" I'm not about to let you go into the lion's den alone. Think about it, 85 desserts, and you're trying to keep your waist at 22 inches" - see they are even hilarious together, Geralt would take the fall for Triss and eat the desserts for her - still one of my favourite quotes.

Also another great quote when the lady at the party says that Albert isn't the smartest/brightest and then Geralt replies with "Don't Worry, he will fit right in with the rest of the mages", and that response from Triss "Geralt!", made me laugh every time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom