Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On my second play-through and just completed the "A Matter of Life and Death" quest and it reaffirmed my opinion that overall, ignoring the inconsistencies, the Geralt-Triss relationship feels more natural and less forced than the Yennefer-Geralt relationship. Yen almost feels like an outsider who just forced her way back into Geralt's life, even though we know that's not really the case since they have known each other for what, 20 years? But due to her absence in the previous games it just feels awkward after CDPR built up this great rapport between Geralt and Triss and then they just push all that aside and make way for Yennefer. Obviously players should have the choice on who to pick but at this point it just isn't handled very well.

Oh yeah and I took some more 4k Triss shots.

I agree with most of this. I wasn't trying to debate the fact that Yen was Geralts true love. I was trying to think if Triss actually took advantage of Geralt like a lot of people have been saying. Personally I don't think Triss took advantage of Geralt. She was sure he was dead (Even saw him die) and he came back to life after 5 years. 5 years she was probably hating herself for not being able to do more for him and even Yen (probably). Then out of nowhere he appears! Wouldn't anyone take the opportunity to try and change what happened in the past and see if you could have a relationship with the person you love?

I have been asking myself since the end of W3 why no one close to Geralt told him about Yen. I don't think anyone knew she was still alive! That's what I was trying to say. Hard to type when you're 5 year old keeps asking you to look at Minecraft lol So I'm having trouble trying to explain myself!

Wasn't trying to get at you. I was just trying to outline how I felt about the situation in general.

---------- Updated at 07:59 AM ----------

On my second play-through and just completed the "A Matter of Life and Death" quest and it reaffirmed my opinion that overall, ignoring the inconsistencies, the Geralt-Triss relationship feels more natural and less forced than the Yennefer-Geralt relationship. Yen almost feels like an outsider who just forced her way back into Geralt's life, even though we know that's not really the case since they have known each other for what, 20 years? But due to her absence in the previous games it just feels awkward after CDPR built up this great rapport between Geralt and Triss and then they just push all that aside and make way for Yennefer. Obviously players should have the choice on who to pick but at this point it just isn't handled very well.

Oh yeah and I took some more 4k Triss shots.

Nice, love the pics

---------- Updated at 08:11 AM ----------

She was imprisoned until Emhyr has heard the rumors about Ciri and let her go. Then she sent a message to Geralt. I can't recall more details.

Well it possible that she couldn't but it's highly unlikely she had absolute no means. She is not some ordinary sorceress, she is very resourceful. Unless she was locked up is a cage made of and chained with dimeritium handcuffs and collar she should have attempted something or made some attempt to locate Geralt when she got her memories back.

She had some freedom and power because she was able to cut deals with Nilfgard. Frankly it looks to me like she was the Nilfgaardian lap dog. Sry Yen fans.

I agree with most of this. I wasn't trying to debate the fact that Yen was Geralts true love. I was trying to think if Triss actually took advantage of Geralt like a lot of people have been saying. Personally I don't think Triss took advantage of Geralt. She was sure he was dead (Even saw him die) and he came back to life after 5 years. 5 years she was probably hating herself for not being able to do more for him and even Yen (probably). Then out of nowhere he appears! Wouldn't anyone take the opportunity to try and change what happened in the past and see if you could have a relationship with the person you love?

I have been asking myself since the end of W3 why no one close to Geralt told him about Yen. I don't think anyone knew she was still alive! That's what I was trying to say. Hard to type when you're 5 year old keeps asking you to look at Minecraft lol So I'm having trouble trying to explain myself!

I Agree, i don't see how Triss took advantage when she wasn't even sure if Yen was alive, plus the fact that Geralt actually liked Triss and wanted to be with her, amnesia or not it still doesn't change the fact that when you love someone - you love them regardless of past relationships. Yeah sure, if he didn't get the amnesia Yen would still be his love, but that isn't how the story goes. Triss loves Geralt and Geralt returned those feelings and that is what comes into play for this game, where his feelings for Triss are still there despite them breaking up just like he still has feelings for Yen despite being apart for all those years.

Triss shouldn't get blamed at all for trying to pursue a relationship with Geralt, heck you could even look at it like Geralt's and Yen's relationship ended the moment he got the amnesia, and what we have now is that Triss was there for him and Geralt wanted to be with her before his memory came back - at which point he had to find Yen to confirm if he still loved her or whether his feelings for Triss overpowered any feelings he still had for Yen.

Yen didn't search for Geralt and she had her reasons, what is annoying though is that she blamed Geralt for pursuing a relationship with Triss even though losing his memory is a valid reason - and he wouldn't need that reason if he was in love with Triss, Yen should understand that what he went through with Triss is enough for Geralt and Triss to be together. Triss loved/loves Geralt and Geralt felt the same so an explanation to Yen maybe is needed but not to the extent he has to apologise for what Yen would consider 'cheating' (even though neither Triss or Geralt knew she was still alive). Triss then knew she had to let Geralt go at the end of W2 because they found out Yen was alive and that Geralt needed to clear up his feelings or break up with Yen before she could become a permanent part of his life.

I Agree, i don't see how Triss took advantage when she wasn't even sure if Yen was alive, plus the fact that Geralt actually liked Triss and wanted to be with her, amnesia or not it still doesn't change the fact that when you love someone - you love them regardless of past relationships. Yeah sure, if he didn't get the amnesia Yen would still be his love, but that isn't how the story goes. Triss loves Geralt and Geralt returned those feelings and that is what comes into play for this game, where his feelings for Triss are still there despite them breaking up just like he still has feelings for Yen despite being apart for all those years.

Triss shouldn't get blamed at all for trying to pursue a relationship with Geralt, heck you could even look at it like Geralt's and Yen's relationship ended the moment he got the amnesia, and what we have now is that Triss was there for him and Geralt wanted to be with her before his memory came back - at which point he had to find Yen to confirm if he still loved her or whether his feelings for Triss overpowered any feelings he still had for Yen.

Yen didn't search for Geralt and she had her reasons, what is annoying though is that she blamed Geralt for pursuing a relationship with Triss even though losing his memory is a valid reason - and he wouldn't need that reason if he was in love with Triss, Yen should understand that what he went through with Triss is enough for Geralt and Triss to be together. Triss loved/loves Geralt and Geralt felt the same so an explanation to Yen maybe is needed but not to the extent he has to apologise for what Yen would consider 'cheating' (even though neither Triss or Geralt knew she was still alive). Triss then knew she had to let Geralt go at the end of W2 because they found out Yen was alive and that Geralt needed to clear up his feelings or break up with Yen before she could become a permanent part of his life.

That's it right there.

EXACTLY! Thank you for finally explaining what I was trying to say lol! Such a relief!

In every forum where someone is defending Yen, all you hear is that Triss knew better and shouldn't have slept with him. How does she know better? She thought Yen was dead! I think that what her and Geralt have in the games is "True love". (If there is such a thing)

Well it possible that she couldn't but it's highly unlikely she had absolute no means. She is not some ordinary sorceress, she is very resourceful. Unless she was locked up is a cage made of and chained with dimeritium handcuffs and collar she should have attempted something or made some attempt to locate Geralt when she got her memories back.

She had some freedom and power because she was able to cut deals with Nilfgard. Frankly it looks to me like she was the Nilfgaardian lap dog. Sry Yen fans.

I am in TrissTeam on 100%, but what you saying is not true. She was impreasond like Sheala, Margaritha and Fringilla. Even Filippa cant deal with dimeritium handcuffs. Yen is obsessed mother. And i can't imagine how she felt when Emhyr himself told her that Ciri is returned and in danger. This is harsh even for Yen. And Geralt was sleeping with her best frend as an addition.

she blamed Geralt for pursuing a relationship with Triss even though losing his memory is a valid reason - and he wouldn't need that reason if he was in love with Triss

This is because Triss is the only one person who makes Yen jealous.

Btw we should stop talk about Yen.

Last edited:
This is how I see it.

It doesn't matter to me because Yen was out of the picture and Geralt fell for Triss.

Like I have been saying all along I think their romance and love is true love because with amnesia he was able to develop legitimate feelings for her as himself. She finally had the chance to be loved by Geralt who she was always in love with.

When Triss realize Yen is alive she can not prevent Geralt from going after her because she loves him. She offers to help him throught it all fully aware that she could lose him to Yen. Geralt realizes he has to go looking for Yen after regaining his memories because, he loved her before his amnesia.

However there is a new development (Triss). He's develop feelings for Triss that are just as strong as his feeling for Yen. They seperate and he goes looking for Yen. Obviously Triss is hurt but realizes that she has to let him go.

Where my issue lies is Yen thinking that she can still lay claim even tho she recovered before he did, knew he was alive with amnesia but, made no attempt to look for him. I know Yen fans would probably disagree and say she has a legitimate claim but, think about it, if two lovers suffers amnesia and one recovers first but makes no attempt to locate the other and that other lover was you, what would you think?

After your recovery, how would you feel knowing the person you loved and claim to love you made no attempts to find you during your most vulnerable time?

I know some people claim that it's not realistic for the women to go after or go looking for the man. Honestly I find that arguement to be ridiculous because, in the witcher world she is a sorceress and she is not limited by resources. Also there are no legitimate reasons why a women can not go looking for her lover who is suffering from amnesia.

If you love someone you would do anything for them after regaining your memories to include moving heaven and earth to locate them. However, if you were trying to avoid them, you would probably stay away with the hopes that they wouldn’t remember and come looking for you.

The quote below applies to Geralt and Triss love. After his amnesia.

"If you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second"— Johnny Depp

You miss some facts from the games. You didn't mention that in first game when Geralt ask Triss about his feelings toward sorceress from the past she didn't tell him about Yennefer instead she says that it was her. Also when she is speaking with the lodge in the first game it's clear she was send to controll Geralt in behalf of the Lodge.

Yes, when Triss realize that Yennefer is alive she can not prevent him going for her. But she hide a fact that she is alive and is in Nilfgaard till the very end of the game. In fact you learn this from other people and ask her why she was hiding this. Also in the Wild Hunt she openly tell him that she was using him.

When you speak with Yennefer in the game she tells you that she wasn't aware that Geralt haven't fully regain his memories back. It was the moment you ask her didn't she also lost her memories. And she tells you that yes she also had amnesia but regain memories very fast and was thinking Geralt because of the witcher mutation had simillar process. But Geralt tells her that he still miss some memories. You can blame her but she didn't know that he still didn't remember whole picture. Becide you forget that Emgyr ask her to find Ciri. So she made a choice. Blame her for this please. But not for not comming for Geralt when he had amnesia.

I don't deny in game feeling between Geralt and Triss. I've romanced her in W1 and W2. Though I also romanced Shani and in the W2 I had sex with every possible female character :D But I'd rather call Triss and Geralt love forbidden. In real word you call such feeling toward your best friend girlfriend or even wife. Yeah it could be true love if you'd find her before your friend. But now it's forbidden love. You still can be together but you will break your friend heart.

EXACTLY! Thank you for finally explaining what I was trying to say lol! Such a relief!

In every forum where someone is defending Yen, all you hear is that Triss knew better and shouldn't have slept with him. How does she know better? She thought Yen was dead! I think that what her and Geralt have in the games is "True love". (If there is such a thing)

Well said, you summed it very well :)

I also wanted to point out that the whole 'true' love argument only makes sense for what Geralt wants. Geralt is the one who decides who his 'true' love is (because he exists in fiction, we make that choice), you can't say Yen is his true love because they have been in a long term relationship (after all that doesn't even apply to reality). If Geralt has more feelings for Triss than Yen, then that makes Triss his 'true' love and vice versa.

I am in TrissTeam on 100%, but what you saying is not true. She was impreasond like Sheala, Margaritha and Fringilla. Even Filippa cant deal with dimeritium handcuffs. Yen is obsessed mother. And i can't imagine how she felt when Emhyr himself told her that Ciri is returned and in danger. This is harsh even for Yen. And Geralt was sleeping with her best frend as an addition.

Btw we should stop talk about Yen.

No doubt she is an obsessed mother, cant denied that. Like I said tho it's my view, there is alway a counter arguement. This is how I view the storyline tho. But you are right this thread is about Triss after all. Let's not drift too much.

---------- Updated at 08:39 AM ----------

Well said, you summed it very well :)

I also wanted to point out that the whole 'true' love argument only makes sense for what Geralt wants. Geralt is the one who decides who his 'true' love is (because he exists in fiction, we make that choice), you can't say Yen is his true love because they have been in a long term relationship (after all that doesn't even apply to reality). If Geralt has more feelings for Triss than Yen, then that makes Triss his 'true' love and vice versa.

Yup

in first game when Geralt ask Triss about his feelings toward sorceress from the past she didn't tell him about Yennefer instead she says that it was her

Never happend in the game.

But she hide a fact that she is alive and is in Nilfgaard till the very end of the game. In fact you learn this from other people and ask her why she was hiding

Sorry but i don't think you can excuse Yen's lack of communication. Only turning to Geralt when she needs a tracker is almost extremely nasty imo.
Triss certainly wasn't a saint in taking advantage of the amnesia when she believes Yen is dead.

If you play the game and have a talk with Yennefer you will learn that one day instead of mere officer standing at the entrance to her cell there was Imperator of Nilfgaard. And that how she get free.

Hey are yall tracking that we are up to 930 votes? Very good. Let's talk more about Triss and only Triss.

Anyone have any short interactions they want to share? Let see your talent folks.

Not really an interaction, but the lack of.
After Triss handle her necklsce to the landlords, I wished I could buy it back or treat to cut their hands of and then give it back.

But it's pointless as later in game you can see her using another (same one?) necklace.

Not really an interaction, but the lack of.
After Triss handle her necklsce to the landlords, I wished I could buy it back or treat to cut their hands of and then give it back.

But it's pointless as later in game you can see her using another (same one?) necklace.

I didn't let her give the landlord her necklace. I threatened to remove their hands the witcher way. Lol

Originally Posted by ajiehb View Post
in first game when Geralt ask Triss about his feelings toward sorceress from the past she didn't tell him about Yennefer instead she says that it was her

Originally Posted by ajiehb View Post
But she hide a fact that she is alive and is in Nilfgaard till the very end of the game. In fact you learn this from other people and ask her why she was hiding

Actually it does, but Triss fans don't want to talk much about this.

I thought I’d continue the short story I wrote about Triss and Geralt in Kovir. So commence part 2.

The storm had raged throughout the night leaving behind a few puddles and morning dew spread over the hills. The rays of sunlight split the room and despite the curtain’s best efforts, had awoken Geralt from his sleep. He turned over expecting to see Triss still sleeping beside him, though the room was empty. “Triss?” Geralt, a bit confused sat up. The empty room didn’t respond. Geralt quickly got dressed and went down stairs.
“Good morning” Triss said watching as Geralt, still half asleep struggled to walk down the stairs.
“You’re up early, or did I sleep in” he questioned, turning to Triss. She was sitting near the door lacing up her boots.
“A bit of both I imagine, can’t blame you, neither of us got much sleep last night” responded Triss with a smile.
“True. Just let me get some of my gear and we can leave” he said returning the smile.
“You’re going into town too?”
“No, but its close to the mines. I’ll drop you off on the way, if you want?”
“I’d like that”
Geralt returned to the bedroom and his retrieved his hunting gear, ogroid oil, sallow and grapeshot not to mention his two long swords.
“That should be all I need for the contract” thought Geralt, he was more excited then he had expected for a simple nekker contract.
“Lets go” locking the thick wooden door behind him and he turning to see Triss waiting with Rouch.

The gates to main king’s grand estate were within eyeshot. His land was deserving of that title and even more. The courtyard was littered with expensive fountains and rare plant life, for which even a man as well travelled as Geralt was unfamiliar with. Beyond the courtyard lay a castle build as if it were to emulate the power the king wielded in the north. With towers that reached to the sky to the hundreds of guards on petrol day and night, this would be enough to sent any invader crying home.
“Hope were not late” said Triss holding onto Geralt’s waist as she sat behind him, while he steered Rouch along the path. “It’s never a good idea to leave a sorceress waiting, I would know” smirked Geralt
“No, no it isn’t” whispered Triss wrapping her hands around his waist, sequencing tightly.

When they reached the gate Triss handed over the permit to the guard. He was large, a bit too big for his armor in fact and sweating profusely.
“Miss Merigold.” The guard nodded
“A Miss Eilhart is waiting for you near the hall” he continued before returning the permit.
“Great” Geralt mumbled under his breath.
“Thank you” Triss responded to the guard, giving Geralt a look.

Philippa, as the guard had said was waiting, her gaze, though technically non-excitant followed Geralt and Triss as they approached.
“It’s good to see you Philippa”
“Morning Triss”
“No greetings from my favorite witcher” She said in a sarcastic tone.
“Philippa” Geralt nodded
“I might not be able to see but I can still sense the displeasure in your voice”
“She might be blind but she’s still just as revered as she was years ago” warned Triss
“Oh Triss you haven’t even seen me with a cane in my hand, but maybe you can ask your beloved Geralt, I’m sure he remembers.” Philippa responded, smiling at them both.
“I’d rather not relive that memory” interrupted Geralt
“Smart boy, now come along Triss the council is waiting” advised Philippa
“Ok” Responded Triss
“Geralt, I better see you in one piece when you get back” she said looking back at him
“Don’t worry Triss, I’ll be fine” They kissed goodbye before Triss hurried into the halls with Philippa.

Geralt returned to the gate where Rouch had been waiting although there had been an issue with the guards. The heat from the morning sun had caused the large guard to collapse from exhaustion, knocking Rouch and spilling some of Geralt’s gear onto the ground.
“I’m sorry Master Witcher Sir, I fell. I swear it’s the hea” pleaded the guard
“If anything is damaged, you’ll pay for it in blood. Now… be quiet” interrupted Geralt, staring the guard into submission. The guard swallowed any pride he had left and nodded.

As Geralt collected his gear he found a memento he had long since forgot was hidden deep within his personal belongings. The rose of remembrance he had found while searching for Triss in Novigrad. Though it was still withered just the memories it held were enough to make Geralt smile.
“Mmm… master witcher” quivered the guard still to scared to get up off the ground.
Geralt’s tone changed “What” he responded putting the rose in his front pocket.
“Your gear is it?” questioned the man, fearing the worst
“Broken… yes, some of it, a few potions to be specific.” Replied Geralt
“Oh no please, sir I’ll pay, I don’t have any coin now but I’ll get some. I swear it” begged the guard.
“Fine, I have business else where. I don’t have the time for this now.” agreed Geralt.
“Thank you masterful witcher” thanked the guard, nearly crying with gratitude.
“Next time I see you, you better have my coin or there will unpleasant consequences. Do you understand?” asked the witcher, as he climbed onto Rouch.
“Yes, yes. I understand, it won’t be an issue” said the guard as he returned to his feet.
Geralt grew tired of playing the ‘scary witcher’ and road off to the mines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom