Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for digging this up but i'm getting tired of it. I swear this is my last post on this subject. For sure. I just don't understand people who like to point on some embarrassing things Triss did in the books and make her look like a completely rotten person in general. If you look at the whole story from the beginning to the end you'll see how all her actions lie between what Yenn wants, what Geralt wants, what the lodge wants and what she wants. Yeah, Triss did some nasty stuff, but she never was proud of it. Besides it bothered her. She constantly goes from side to side in order to understand her priorities. She tries to find her way and what she stands for. And she has found it at the end. This is the main difference between Triss and other sorceresses. Triss looks at the retrospective of her life and thinks, reflects. She has a gentle heart.

What about her love in the books. People like to say it's just a highschool girl crush on Geralt. Seriously? For barely two decades? A crush. For two decades. I have nothing to say.

And my favourite. Oh yes. The friendship. Always the same: she was just a friend. But no. She was the special friend. Even in the books you can see something very nice and tender between them. You can't call it a love, i guess, but this is very close to the point where love starts. And what's wrong with being a friends? I always thought that true love and a best friend is apparently the same thing. I mean if you want to spend the whole life with somebody it should be your friend. No doubts. The passion goes on in off, but this feeling is essential. In this case Triss is perfect. And when love starts to grow from the friendship... Holy Mother of God, i cant imagine anything better.

Nobody says that Triss is a rotten person.She's kind and nice,she's one of the few sorceressess who actually cares about common people,but she's also very insecure and weak-willed.I perfectly understand why she did what she did,but it doesn't make her actions justifiable in my eyes.And yes,she reedemed herself in the end,but for me it was too little too late.

And there's nothing wrong with friendship.I always supported Geralt and Triss as friends.

Nobody says that Triss is a rotten person.She's kind and nice,she's one of the few sorceressess who actually cares about common people,but she's also very insecure and weak-willed.I perfectly understand why she did what she did,but it doesn't make her actions justifiable in my eyes.And yes,she reedemed herself in the end,but for me it was too little too late.

And there's nothing wrong with friendship.I always supported Geralt and Triss as friends.

But you know as me there is a little more.

You need some perspective.

I think Yarpen Zigrin explained their relationship very accurately:
“Oh, Geralt,” she sobbed. “I so regret… I so regret that what was between us—”
“Triss, please.”
“…it should have happened… now. When I’m better… It would be entirely different… I could… I could even—”
“Triss.”
“I envy Yennefer… I envy her you—”
“Ciri, step out.”
“But—”
“Go, please.”
She jumped out of the wagon and straight onto Yarpen who was waiting, leaning against a wheel and pensively chewing a blade of grass. The dwarf put his arm around her. He did not need to lean over in order to do so, as Geralt did. He was no taller than her.
“Never make the same mistake, little witcher-girl,” he murmured, indicating the wagon with his eyes. “If someone shows you compassion, sympathy and dedication, if they surprise you with integrity of character, value it but don’t mistake it for… something else.”

“Triss, please.”
“…it should have happened… now. When I’m better… It would be entirely different… I could… I could even—”
“Triss.”
“Ciri, step out.”
“But—”
“Go, please.”
She jumped out of the wagon and straight onto Yarpen who was waiting, leaning against a wheel and pensively chewing a blade of grass. The dwarf put his arm around her. He did not need to lean over in order to do so, as Geralt did. He was no taller than her.
“Never make the same mistake, little witcher-girl,” he murmured, indicating the wagon with his eyes. “If someone shows you compassion, sympathy and dedication, if they surprise you with integrity of character, value it but don’t mistake it for… something else.”

Actually, this is not an argument on what i said

It is an argument on what you said - but I don't care, for me when he got amnesia and Triss cared for him, he fell for her.

What you post does nothing on the Triss-Geralt books feelings. And don't forget that this feeling is shared between two people, not three or four.

And we support Geralt and Triss as lovers, not as friends. Yennefer had her fair share of Geralt.

People change and times change them even more. Especially young people (I'm referring to Triss). There is no point in the constant pointing out of why you don't like the character. There is a lot more to be hated about Yennefer than there is about Triss (At least that's my opinion).

It's simple. Different taste which there is no accounting for. If Triss is really that much of an insecure coward and she's really that "bad" of a character the votes of those who read the books and played the game (Which are many, more than you Yennefer fans think) wouldn't be falling in her favor.

Telling half truths about characters and leaving the other half, leaves nothing but room for doubt for those who haven't read the books. A slight dislike will start to grow sooner or later toward both characters.

She is definitely the star of The Witcher games, she was definitely a star in the books and during the game events she did more for Geralt than Yennefer ever did in all 7 books. She will continue to be so with our support.

Triss was there for Geralt when Yennefer wasn't and Yennefer was there for him when Triss wasn't. During the game events and after regaining her memory (Yennefer), she could've been there for him. Yet she chose not to be, not before she needed him.

Also. You're free to say whatever you like, It's an open discussion and we all purchased the game. However, I think that the constant repeating of your dislike toward the character is very unsupportive especially on a topic that was specifically made to support that character and it's definitely bothering some people.

With no insults toward Yennefer and without pointing out the obvious flaws in her personality, I'll let that part of the discussion end there to avoid going off-topic just to satisfy some personal vendetta which I had due to personal dislike for her as a character.

Last edited:
“Triss, please.”
“Triss.”
“Ciri, step out.”
“But—”
“Go, please.”

I think that you forgot to mention that she was sick, delirious and both Geralt and Ciri were looking after her. Making sure she gets better. With all that Geralt did for her when she was sick. She would only be stupid not to feel the way she felt toward him.

Half-truths, just like the lodge of sorceress and the Nilfgaardians.

What you post does nothing on the Triss-Geralt books feelings. And don't forget that this feeling is shared between two people, not three or four.

Oops thought it was Zyvik that responded me lol

---------- Updated at 10:11 AM ----------

More i am into books, more the relation of Triss and Geralt becomes more exciting.

I think that you forgot to mention that she was sick, delirious and both Geralt and Ciri were looking after her. Making sure she gets better. With all that Geralt did for her when she was sick. She would only be stupid not to feel the way she felt toward him.

Half-truths, just like the lodge of sorceress and the Nilfgaardians.

What you're talking about?I don't blame Triss for this scene.I posted this scene,because it showed what Yarpen thought about Geralt and Triss's relationship.

And we support Geralt and Triss as lovers, not as friends. Yennefer had her fair share of Geralt.

People change and times change them even more. Especially young people (I'm referring to Triss). There is no point in the constant pointing out of why you don't like the character. There is a lot more to be hated about Yennefer than there is about Triss (At least that's my opinion).

It's simple. Different taste which there is no accounting for. If Triss is really that much of an insecure coward and she's really that "bad" of a character the votes of those who read the books and played the game (Which are many, more than you Yennefer fans think) wouldn't be falling in her favor.

Telling half truths about characters and leaving the other half, leaves nothing but room for doubt for those who haven't read the books. A slight dislike will start to grow sooner or later toward both characters.

She is definitely the star of The Witcher games, she was definitely a star in the books and during the game events she did more for Geralt than Yennefer ever did in all 7 books. She will continue to be so with our support.

Triss was there for Geralt when Yennefer wasn't and Yennefer was there for him when Triss wasn't. During the game events and after regaining her memory (Yennefer), she could've been there for him. Yet she chose not to be, not before she needed him.

Also. You're free to say whatever you like, It's an open discussion and we all purchased the game. However, I think that constant repeating of your dislike toward the character is very unsupportive and it's definitely bothering some people.

With no insults toward Yennefer and without pointing out the obvious flaws in her personality, I'll let that part of the discussion end there to avoid going off-topic just to satisfy some personal vendetta which I had due to personal dislike for her as a character.

Well said, completely agree. We are here to support the relationship Triss and Geralt have, yeah there will always be ways to see flaws in characters like Yen or Triss but it is important not to dwell on the past. All you have to do is look at the support for Triss to know that to many people her positives outweigh any negatives that may be placed on her.

Triss is a star of the games, and the same can be said for the books, but the reason why the Geralt and Triss pairing works so well is because of the evolution of their bond. You can start off as strangers, then turn into friends, then eventually turn into lovers. Triss was there for Geralt and what we saw is that she always will be.

Yen is a great character, and i like her a lot, just not the same as Triss. For the Geralt in my playthroughs, Triss is the one he wants to be with while Yen is that close friend he will always have some feelings towards - just not in the same sense as the feelings/love he has for Triss. Triss is that character that develops alongside Geralt to the point where she becomes a strong female who cares deeply for the man she loves, talking about the past vs the present, Triss cares for Geralt and vice-versa.

What you're talking about?I don't blame Triss for this scene.I posted this scene,because it showed what Yarpen thought about Geralt and Triss's relationship.

Geralt only didn't because he knows very well that Triss and Yennefer care about each other more than they care about him. If I recall correctly, he chose to summon her to Kaer Morhen and not Yennefer (For obvious reasons).

This conversation took place between Yarpen and Geralt

Yarpen: “I don’t give the orders here. Wenck does.”

Geralt: “I don’t believe you lack influence over him. Not in a convoy primarily made up of dwarves. Of course he has to bear you in mind.”

Yarpen: “Who is this Triss to you?”

Geralt: “What difference does it make in this situation?”

Yarpen: “In this situation – none. I asked out of an inappropriate curiosity born of the desire to start new rumours going around the inns. But be that as it may, you’re mighty attracted to this enchantress, Geralt.”

The witcher smiled sadly.

Before that, Geralt saw the chance to start a new. Raise the child (Ciri) with someone that isn't Yennefer. That's why they summoned Triss to Kaer Morhen and that's why they didn't summon Yennefer.
After what happened and after Triss tried to help Ciri. Stating that she can't help, Geralt was left with no choice but one. To go Yennefer.

Last edited:
Technically, Geralt-Triss feelings grows by the books and what you showed me is just the debut.Yarpin is not enough of a professional to judge a relation between two person, and his opinion doesn't really matthers, just the conversation between Geralt and Triss are to be observed.

This is my interpretation of Geralt and Triss love story. It long just hang on.

It is clear from the book and the game that there is something very special between Geralt and Triss. I can call it love because, honestly that's what it is. He loves her enough to feel the loss when he thought she was dead.

Triss is obviously in love with Geralt and I don't think it's just a school girl crush. The chance of Triss and Geralt being together was slim to none because, although Geralt have strong feelings for Triss he also has strong feelings for Yen. There is a struggle between what Geralt wants vs what Geralt needs.

Getting past the source material and looking straight at the games one can clearly see that Geralt and Triss finally has a chance to be with each other and have an establish relationship. I know people alway point out that Triss took advantage of his amnesia however, she build a relationship with a Geralt that had a blank slate with no attachments from previous relationship. The relationship they build was mutual. Because of his amnesia he was able to explore his feelings for Triss unhindered by his feeling for Yen.

Despite their love for each other, the relationship they established was alway in the shadow of Geralt's previous relationship with Yen. Realizing this Triss had to make a decision to continue pursuing this relationship or end it. During the witcher games her feelings for Geralt continue to grow. She took care of him during his amnesia and helped him recover his memories the whole knowing she could lose him after he fully regains his memories.

Triss and Geralt relationship continue to developed during the witcher 2 and Geralt finally realize that despite all her flaws Triss is very special and important to him. When he rescued her for the Nilfgaardian camp it's clear he doesn't want to let her out of his sight because, he is truely afraid of something bad happening to the women he's falling for. He is afraid of going through the heart ache of fearing the worse for her safety. As they spend more time together their feelings for each other continues to get stronger.

During his quests and conversations it's obvious that he has Triss safety on his mind. He shows his fraustration after he got so close to finding her at the Nilfgaardian camp then missing her by minutes as the Nilfgaardian ship slipped away.

In the end when he finally rescues her by risking his life the love and feeling between them only gets stronger however, with his memories fully returned he is determine to locate Yen to sort out his feelings. Triss knows she cannot prevent him from looking for Yennefer and honestly she doesn't want to. She is still dealing with her insecurities and fears about loosing him to Yen.

Between witcher 2 and 3, they are both unsure about how to move forward so they separate. Geralt decides to pursue Yennifer and Triss attempts to start fresh on her own. During his journey to find Yen, Geralt continues to have doubt and he is unsure about his decision to leave Triss and look for Yennefer. He questions his relationship with Yen on occasion because, he doesn't know what to expect when they meet.

When he first meet Yen after his long search Geralt's immediately understands the type of relationship he has with Yen vs Triss. Doubts about his decision grows stronger but his love for Yen overcomes them. During their time in vizima they are tried to rekindle old flames but it not easy to move forward when Triss is on his mind.

When Geralt meet Triss again in Novagrad all his feelings comes rushing back. He realizes Triss is doing well but, he is also aware that there is something really wrong. During the quest matter of Life and Death, Geralt understands that he is happy and can be himself around Triss. He starts to understand that they can actually have a great future together. Even tho they both want to hide it, their feelings for each other are on display for everyone to see. When the mood is finally right they shared a beautiful kiss reaffirming their love for each other.

Triss is still insecure and unsure about the kiss in the garden but she cannot allow herself to analyze the special event. Her priority includes helping Geralt locate and protect Ciri and getting the mages to safety. She puts her wants and needs aside and shields herself to hide her hurt, excitement and disappointment.

During their time together in Novagrad Geralt realize what he have with Triss and starts to develop a clearer picture of what he wants. He still believes he has time because, despite the hints he doesn't think Triss is leaving for good. During the quest Now or Never when she is saying goodbye he realizes he cannot miss this opportunity because, he truly loves her.

He fears loosing Triss for good and on the docks his feelings overwhelmed his will and control and he tells her one thing Triss been waiting so long to hear. He admits that he is in love with her and wants her to stay with him. For the first time Triss can actually let her guard down and relax without worrying about loosing him to anyone.

She decides her love for Geralt and their happiness is more important and so she commits all-in and stays with him. She is willing to risk it all for a chance at happiness with the one Witcher she is truely in love with despite the offer and position in Kovir.

After that you all know the disappointing rest of the W3 story. Sorry for writing so much hopefully we get a fix. Their love story is too beautiful for the dev to leave it so undeveloped.

Technically, Geralt-Triss feelings grows by the books and what you showed me is just the debut.Yarpin is not enough of a professional to judge a relation between two person, and his opinion doesn't really matthers, just the conversation between Geralt and Triss are to be observed.

Geralt and Triss barely interacted in the books after the adventure with Yarpen,so i don't understand how came to this conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom